PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oakmiser Well-Known Member

and then i just keep looking at these recast timers....

if they make sure none of the speed, ward(aerakyn), and lifetap(freeblood) work in PvP.....then it's really not such a big deal. Especially with the teleports all having to be used WITHIN the same zone because you have to be able to target.
  2. Xephane Active Member

I'm not saying it's the best fix ever. But it IS their response to it, so deal with it. Pumice stones if i remember right also cure basically anything in the game, so they are great. I know the charm is ridiculous, but they are listening, and fixing how they want. Stop complaining.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Clearly you plan on playing the class so you don't care if it's majorly unbalanced and OP, but you may begin to care if A.) others with the same class get the jump on you B.) teams loaded with them start griefing you and C.) if you ever in the life of the server expect to roll an alt that doesn't have Charm.

And what if the devs treated every class imbalance similarly-- doing practically nothing and leaving each one mega-OP? Encouraging that kind of behavior will come back and bite you in the **** sooner or later, and probably sooner.

If this is the best Daybreak can do with their balance pass, they should just give up now to be honest.
    Veems likes this.
  4. Gromph Member

Stop with the Charm tears. There are more important things to worry about like scouts auto attacking for 1k, the brutal healer imbalances, and the current fighter mitigation woes.

The entire server would end up being scouts, druids, and a few trolling enchanters if the current state of beta was pushed to live. We have the opportunity to make the devs aware of this and do something about it but this thread keeps gaining pages about auto-combat and charm.

You can pumice stone charm, get over it and start ******** about real issues and real imbalances that will make or break this server. People will adapt to charm but your class cant adapt to being ******.
    Tynsil, Xephane and Fetish like this.
  5. Xephane Active Member

I have no plans to play any sort of chanter ever actually, I just dont see why you can't just deal with it. People who cry about things are the reason why Nagafen died out in the first place. If you can't deal with it then don't play. I've been charmed before and I really don't care. What would be the point of the class if they cant use their primary ability? They are supposed to have extremely high CC, they are a crowd control class. Daybreak is not going to listen like SOE did. They will not take something out of the game because some people dont like it. They are being careful not to destroy a great pvp server the way SOE did. So please just stop.
  6. Balbasur Active Member

if devs keep in the 8 min charm they are idiots
  7. Fetish Well-Known Member

Pumice stones aren't a new thing...why all the discord =P over Charm? It was this way a long time ago...sure it sucked...but we dealt with it. I'm with Gromph in that there are much greater things to worry about. Weapon delays changing the balancing point of melee classes. Heals being horrible imbalanced across the classes. Resists being fubared. I'm totally ok with several game changing mechanics, like Charm, being in the game. It keeps everyone on their toes. Remember when Harm Touch was a game changer? Remember the group that ran around with 6 Shadowknights named Harmtouchone, Harmtouchtwo, etc? Throwing in crazy crap like that is fine...especially if the Devs gain the time to focus on the base game of resists, mitigations, DPS, and heals.
    Xephane likes this.
  8. Balbasur Active Member

I can't believe some one is ok with an 8 min lock down ability that can only be countered by 1 item in game lol.
    Ozryc, Xeos, Siren and 2 others like this.
  9. Twelvetrees Member

I highly doubt the duration will make it to Live. However the ability should absolutely make it - it's a brilliant dynamic to PVP, with a pumice stone counter and lower duration it's perfectly viable and fair.
    GBlack likes this.
  10. Adevil Well-Known Member

Roll on the PvE server. Problem solved.
  11. Balbasur Active Member

Yes not with an 8 timer though, lol.
  12. Balbasur Active Member

Not really, because this ability still shouldn't have an eight minute duration in PVP. Stuff like this is what makes people just not even bother.

One ability should not have one counter or should not be 13% of an hour long.
  13. Rutaq New Member

I think you are being nearsighted.

There is no reason that DBG can't fix ALL the imbalances, we don't need to pick an choose which deserve to be fixed. When PvP was added to EQ2 the systems were designed from the start to allow for balancing without impacting the base PvE ruleset.

If things like Pumice stones are the DEVs answer to an 8 minute Charm then we have bigger problems since obviously a mature PvP game is beyond them.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Every single one of those is a real issue and a real imbalance-- including Charm. They should all be fixed, period. If their answer to Charm is that they can't do much of anything about it, just think how messed up the rest of the list will be, too. This doesn't portend well for launch, nor for the life of the TL-PvP server.
  15. Xephane Active Member

You are literally making it sound like charm is the only issue, can you please pay attention to something else?
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Haha! You're just trolling now.

How does my saying "Every single one of those is a real issue and a real imbalance-- including Charm. They should all be fixed, period" mean that charm is the only issue? Do you even read the posts before you try to divert everyone from your fav OP skill that you clearly don't want nerfed? Lol.

You're the one who needs to move on from your Charm obsession.
  17. Aquaskaientos Member

Or add the tag - "if used on a player" (so pve aspect is not affected) and make reuse time of the ability proportionate to it's duration. 12 hours would be ok.
    Siren likes this.
  18. Xephane Active Member

I dont have a charm obsession. I just want people to shut up about it and let Daybreak do their own damn job on deciding what needs to be changed. They have already decided on a fix. So stop.
  19. Caith Developer

I want to give everyone a heads up that we will be wiping the beta server in the next day or two to begin the next round of testing for the Time-Locked Expansion servers. Once we do this wipe we will be closing down the current feedback threads and opening new ones, with summaries of issues or feedback that have been addressed, or are currently in process of being addressed.
    Ecno, Siren, Ozryc and 2 others like this.
  20. Drew575 Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.