PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torrin Member

• Innate Racial speed/featherfall traits, these need to be adjusted. There is a reason a vast majority of the pvpers you will see are Fae/Arasai Scouts, and it's not because of their looks. I get that the speed boost doesn't work once engaged in pvp, but it is too easy to not be put into pvp currently.
    • Charm duration: Some class's charm/mez abilities have unrealistic durations in PvP currently. Troubador so far seems to be the only one with an okay duration (8sec charm). However have not tested the Troub mez yet personally. Adjust the rest so they are close to the same duration, a max possibly of 10 sec or 15sec which might be stretching it.
    • Mitigation reductions: Step in the right direction but needs a lot more work and closer tweaking rather than a broad all-fighter-archetype debuff/reduction.
    • Appearance slots: seriously they should be enabled. Still a rather silly mechanic to arbitrarily disable.
    • PvP combat and zoning: This falls under PvP auto-lock and is a slippery slope. It is beyond frustrating that if a target just doesn't engage you then they can get away very easily, especially near zone lines. The current system provides a feeling of safety that in my opinion shouldn't exist on a PvP server. Combined with the innate racials above and you pretty much never have to fight unless you have absolute advantage. I seem to recall a time in the old days that you could not zone once engaged in PvP, yet you weren't put "into combat" unless you attacked back from what I can remember. That was some 7 or so years ago so memory may be a little fuzzy.
    • Experience gain Adventure: Still needs some fine tuning. Quest/Mob exp is pretty close to what it should be, maybe a slight tweak at certain levels such as 1-5 could use about a 5-10% boost then it would be pretty solid.
    • Experience gain Crafting: This needs to be looked into more closely. Currently crafting only the tutorial items will get you to barely level 7, so those tutorial quest rewards xp should be upped a bit. Also a decision needs to be made: Bring back the old bonus experience for first-time-crafting an item or ensure the crafting timelines are intact, having one or the other would be good. Currently the only way to effectively level a craft is to grind items from 10-19, choose profession to 20 then grind rush orders constantly from 20-50.
    • Crafting Quests: It is my understanding parts of the Crafting timeline are in the game still and accessible [Evil can do tutorial and some of the Journeyman crafting, Good can do tutorial + 10-19 New Halas and some of the Journeyman crafting]. Do something with this. Either all or nothing, and considering the inability to access Butcherblock and Steamfont I would say nothing would be best.
    • PvP Zones: Personally I don't mind having Freeport being set to a PvP zone, on a PvP server I feel like every zone should be a PvP zone. As much fun as City PvP was back in the day, removing the Carnage flag system is not a bad way to go. That said, guards should at least do their job in the main city areas. And I say that despite how much I hate having guards on pvp servers or in pvp games. There should be some risk associated with going into the opposing faction's main cites looking for pvp. Currently there is near 0 risk for Qeynosians to come into Freeport to hunt.
    • Gear stats: This still really needs to be looked into. There is too much discrepancy between gear. I would even say if manpower permitting throw some interns on spreadsheet duty and start adjusting this stuff asap. I've done this sort of thing for an online rpg on a much smaller scale (think server with about 1000 players total as opposed to multiple servers of several thousands) and it is easily done but time-consuming.
    • Fame system: Last but definitely not least. The current Fame system needs to be axed. Bring back the old fame system where PvP titles had real meaning. Master title was something to be coveted because it took some work to get and maintain. Now all you have to do is kill people and you rapidly gain titles. If the current fame system iteration goes live with the server you will see all Master+ titles running around everywhere making having a title meaningless.
    • Mob Difficulty: Seems this still needs tweaks. Heroics should be harder, Epics even harder still. It shouldn't be possible to 3-man a heroic zone or to have scouts tanking anything above maybe single ups. This also closely relates to gear stats above.
    For the most part the server is on the right track. Also impressed, little dismayed at the time, with the late-night patch. Although some warning next time would be nice, maybe utilize system broadcast to announce impending downtime for patches?
  2. Lungz Member

if you leave 3 races with traits and racials that are way more valuable then all the other junky stuff out there you will have exactly what you described just like it was back in the day. 80% fugly fae characters. picking a race that enables you to entirely skip 2 specific gear slots everyone else has to slot in and out because the items with those effects have to be worn for everyone else is crap design and limits our customization.

remove the racials from pvp server or make them all a selectable drop list list you can choose yourself.

fix charm

bring back exile

bring back app slot gear - noone wants to play a rainbow turd colored character.
    TS (Throat) and Ecno like this.
  3. Ecno Well-Known Member

Yep, you do realize I dont have time to go through every single race with race change potions and check all of these abilities for it they do or dont work in PVP. I am merely making a list of the ones I see that could be an issue so that the devs can verify and make changes themselves. I am here to help... but I dont have that kind of time to devote right now to testing it.

Feel free to get off your lazy bum and go and do it for us though. Take pictures of all the racial abilities with and without PVP checked... after using/examining them. Then post up all that data for us so the devs can make accurate changes to what hasnt been fixed. Alternatively feel free to post up any that you KNOW dont work already so we can get a list going and verify them ourselves.
  4. Drew575 Active Member

PVP auto engage should not be implemented .... dont be dumb plz..this is one of the things that killed the server in the first place.
    Xephane and TS (Throat) like this.
  5. Ecno Well-Known Member

Here are my simple suggestions for fixing all of the "Speed" racial abilities.

Drop it down from 50% to 10%... thats still a ton of incombat run speed especially if it stacks with sprint. IDK if it does, feel free to chime in if you know.... I have never abused these abilities in PVP because they are clearly "easy" mode buttons.

For the Fae/Arsai reduced fall etc... just disable it until tinkering parachutes and gnomish spring boots come into the game. Once these are in the game, enable it again. Alternatively enable the first few tinker items.... just enough to get us the gnomish spring boots and parachutes. Then you could leave the Racial abilities alone and I would have no issue with it. Ide grind tinkering out, get those items and never say another word.

Simple easy fixes that wouldnt be that hard to implement. I dont think these races should completely lose these abilities, but they shouldnt be 50%. Yes I am aware that some/most dont work or have to be cast pre combat. Casting it pre combat though and gaining 50% in PVP is sitll an issue many people will abuse.

As others have said above, theres a reason most scouts are Fae/Arsai... Rangers and Assassins especially, because fae fall/glide and incombat run speed are a HUGE advantage in PVP.

As far as reverting back to the old racial abilities, I would love that... but I dont see it happening due to resources and time available.
    Xephane likes this.
  6. Ecno Well-Known Member

For all of those saying auto engage needs to be reimplemented... no I dont believe that for one second due to slow ground speed now, no flying mounts, no mercs, no bg queue, no house/guild zone in button etc etc.

The 20 sec immunity has already vastly changed how difficult it can be to get away... especially right after you take a death in PVP. You have 20 sec to run and hide, leave or get smoked again by the opposition. Thats not a lot of time... not a lot of time at all if they are standing at the revive spot killing you over and over every 20 sec.

One thing I do see an issue with, is that the revive sickness is longer than immunity, so if you die... in 20 sec youre forced to fight with rev sickness or leave/run etc. I think they should lower revive sickness if you die in PVP to 30 seconds. As much as I love the 20 sec immunity, 30 sec wouldnt hurt either... that way revive sickness and immunity match and drop at the same time.
    Slant, Xephane, GBlack and 1 other person like this.
  7. Ecno Well-Known Member

Not when many zone have ONE respawn point... what do you do then... for instance Obelisk. You get smahsed over and over or you leave... its not that cut and dry as you believe. I am for the 20 sec or 30 sec immunity... I am just stating that you better be on your toes because its not a lot of time. More importantly youre being forced to fight with revive sickness on... that is an issue.
  8. Tehrror123 Member

the ONLY People crying for NO auto engage in pvp are those who run constantly. I had 4 people zone from me in 1v1 situations last night alone. Ability to zone when being attacked is dumb as hell and shouldn't be on a pvp server. And damn sure had NOTHING to do with the death of pvp on Naggy..
  9. Tehrror123 Member

Yes Rez Sickness needs to match Immunity timer..
    Siren likes this.
  10. Ecno Well-Known Member

I will say I dont think you should be able to evac if you get hit by a PVPer. How it is right now was how it was back then... but honestly if you get hit, you probably shouldnt be able to evac. You can run... and not engage, but getting to Evac after someone has got the "jump"/"upperhand" on you shouldnt be possible. You should be forced to know your surroundings, and use evac before you are hit. If not... then its time to take to the ground and run your butt off... or die fighting.
  11. Tehrror123 Member

TBH, I wouldn't have an issue with you being able to run at normal speed if attacked, IF you weren't allowed to zone with Hate on you form a player.. I don't mind the running, I mind the zoning.
  12. madent Member

this s so far from reality.... u problably are a right wing person that prob never smoked weed or took acid or what ever and live to be so certain bout relatives perspectives ( not sayin its good or bad but how ur coment maybe talks bout ur personality )

talkin bout ME.... altho me myself always played in PVP server ( cant stand pve servers ) i m not eevn close of bein a pvp player... i completely hate to pvp altho i love to have pvp available coz it adds challenge to me... AND even not enjoyin pvp I ALWAYS PLAYED locked level... my objective of the game was to complete all quests possible at my tiear and achievement collection...so as soon as i reach levle 10 i lock and go master content then move to next tier and then next and then next....it took me and my wife 2 years and a half playin with teh same char to reach cap level ( it was 80 at that time )

so as u can see a livin exemple of level locking for no pvp reason.. and more than that FOR FULLY apreciation of PVE CONTENT.....

so now i can easily defend level lock and slow levelin into a PVE perspective.

open ur mind....
    GBlack likes this.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

Rez sickness time and auto immunity should be set to the same time limit.
    Xephane and Teju like this.
  14. Ecno Well-Known Member

Not that I can think of off the top of my head but I'm sure there are a few others out there. That's really not a big deal though you're right you can just leave and that's what you should do if you're not ready to fight again . The issue is that you're being forced to fight with revive sickness because immunity drops before sickness... Therefore you're at a disadvantage right at the start. You're right though, given the choice you should spawn somewhere else or don't spawn at all until that area is clear.
  15. Frinch Well-Known Member

You have this problem because you're a twit and camp 10m from the bell in Zek. Wtf do you think people are going to do?

You're not entitled to a kill just because you open on someone. Running is a tactic. Get better.

This sense of entitlement is nauseating, and your mom should have slapped it out of you when you were younger: Same goes for anyone making arguments in favor of auto engage. Get better.

P.S. Above also applies to zergs camping zone ins: if you can't kill the person in 20-30 sec, the problem is with your fail zerg.

Devs: please ignore the bads, no matter how loudly they whine.
    Chiaroscuro, Slant, Daarkstar and 3 others like this.
  16. Creasote Well-Known Member

I was hoping someone with lowest common denominator mentality refer to me as an idiot to make my argument worthwhile. Who cares about one person dying to a full group? That is the problem with a good number of posters on this forum. They want to protect the solo harvester, ungeared lowbie or the title hugging scout at the expense of people who want to fight for the joy and quality of a good game.

People will just engage and zone or run away from good fights when they are about to lose. Is that we really want on this server? Auto engage in PVP was one of the only good things they added on Nagafen.

Remember what applies to a solo person also applies to group PVP. I guess you want in combat evac too? We can all run and evac from each other, that will be really fun.
  17. GBlack Active Member

If you're to slow to stop your target - it is your problem. You should hunt them but not demand devs to make the other players into targets in your shooting gallery.

I've gotta use an epic reply for this case.

18. Frinch Well-Known Member

Auto-engage is for bads who dislike when they stand in one place and use their their best PvE rotation, but their opponents don't simply fall over.
    Siren, GBlack and Nightmre like this.
  19. Creasote Well-Known Member

Again you are using the theory of protecting a lowbie quester as an excuse so you can run from fights you may lose. You have named your self the wrong farm animal. You should be named Chicken instead of Sheep.

"Run and return in favorable condition" means run when losing.
  20. Gromph Member

You guys need to stop bickering over auto engage, and the already-decided-upon level locking and address the real issues here:

Go look at Daarkstar's pvp healer thread and get mad over the gross imbalances there between healer archetypes. That **** is real and needs to be fixed.

Get yourself worked up over the mitigation and resistance issues. I'm sitting at close to 70% on most of my resists at 50 with treasured gear with a few legendaries. If you think that's going to play out well long term you're on more drugs than Siren.

Res sickness in pvp is incredibly annoying, and needs to be retimed to match the immunity timer, or simply removed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.