PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's no spell research available on the TL-PvP right now, expert spell recipes are hard to get, and there are no AAs yet so locking isn't a big deal, but I dread the day when people vote expansion after expansion into the TL-PvP until locked twinks are two-shotting God Mode Griefing Machines once again like they've been on live for years.

Not all lockers (claim) they want this, but there are a definite contingent who do, and it drains server pops dry. This isn't a MOBA or a shooter: Characters who never level shouldn't be the only population left in any MMORPG, and that's exactly what will happen if too many expansions get unlocked for the TL-PvP.

And if you don't think there are plenty of idiots who want spell research in-game, and 340AAs/280AAs by level 10 or whatever the earliest level is that they're allowed to lock at so they can be handed Griefer God Mode without even having to level and learn to play that character first, then please refer to how the voting supposedly went down against Exiles being in the game.

(Why did Daybreak even ASK about that? Was it perhaps because, much like with everything else, there was a contingent of TL-PvE bluebies who don't like Exiles on their PvE servers for whatever reason, so Daybreak had to automatically ask about it on the PvP poll too because just weren't thinking about what screwing with our Exile faction would do to the game? Gee, do you think that could be it?)

Daybreak let the locked twink situation go more and more out of control for so many years that I don't think they even have the manpower or coding prowess left at this point to do anything about it, if people wind up voting in too many expansions.

This is all gonna wind up just like Nagafen: You heard it here first.
  2. Geeta New Member

No need to change anything about any race. It's part of strategy.

Here, I will take you to where you're heading.

Everyone has to be a Human. Everyone has to be a Guardian. There is no gear, CA's or Spells. Everyone just fights naked and with their bare fists. How's that? Does that make you whiners happy?
    Punchie and Siren like this.
  3. Evouk88 New Member

Charm solution: Lower duration in pvp to 10 seconds. done
    TS (Throat) likes this.
  4. Punchie Member

I was with a Coe last night in CL and WC. He was charming every player he could. It was funny and yet sad because he was making them kill their own group, then he would release them and we would kill them. Some guys kept trying to come back and he would just charm them again. So yeah, it needs a change or maybe removal all together during pvp.
  5. GBlack Active Member

Feral Rage doesn't work in PVP at all. It is completely PVE thing. I'm not sure but I guess any similar trait for another race has the same "Must not be engaged in pvp combat". I understand you can just avoid a pvp encounter with that. But the cooldown is pretty long so you cannot abuse it.

[IMG]

It is OK to make cities safe. but cities only. No need to bring chaos in there. I'm completely agree with you about pvp in DLW/FFS but want to add a solution to make ppl less frustrated when they are low lvl - devs should set 4 lvl pvp range as it was. So we will have pvp there but without 18 lvls blasting 10 lvls with no chance for defense.
  6. Nightmre New Member

Level locking stays. It gave us something to do after we beat all the raiding content. It is something else to do so we don't get bored. If level locking goes then the server will just die. There will be other twinks level locking fighting each other eventually. Also, it is not like you are staying at 20 for long. So why care? There shouldn't even be a debate on this.
    TS (Throat) and GBlack like this.
  7. Ecno Well-Known Member

Yep I would expect that many are removed already, but just didnt have time to test each one in game. Was just throwing something together to get us talking about it and devs looking at it before I have to leave for work... right now.

Have fun guys... talk discuss... explain why or why not you want racials adjusted. I think its a pretty no brainer... atleast the fae fall stuff and exploiting certain locations in pvp. The run speed is also a big issue imo... but hopefully most of them are already fixed.
  8. Tehrror123 Member

UPDATED
    Things that NEED changed.
    1. PUT EXILE BACK IN GAME, give all factions access to all classes.
    2. PUT appearance slots back in game.
    3. Change Charm to a 30sec duration with a 2min Immunity, fix so charmed players cant be set to attack Mobs, change so Charmed players cant be set to STAY so charmer can run away to avoid dying in pvp. Also make it so Charm DOES NOT REMOVE CONTROLLER FROM COMBAT..Also fix Mezz same way for STAY. Easy fix, make them auto follow controller. DO NOT BE LAZY and just remove the ability.
    4. Resists are a bit jacked up atm, Pets like the Necro one are landing insane dmg on well geared players..
    5. Change Rez sickness for PVP to match new Immunity timer.
    6. Also Stalk ior Stealth isnt losing Pet agro.
    7. PUT AUTO PVP ENGAGE BACK IN!! You should not be able to just run away and zone...lol
    8. Leave ability to take Fame off anyone except NON titles. Sorry, if you are a Champ and you die to a Hunter you should lose fame. Now if you want to make it REALLY interesting, you can only get fame from those of the SAME title or higher. But you should lose fame to any title if you die.
    9. PUT BEASTLORD BACK IN GAME. The lack of AAs will put it on same lvl as any other pet class.

Changes that NEED to stay in so far..
    1. LEAVE Griffs and Horses gone from lands.
    2. LEAVE new Immunity timer.
    3. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH RACIAL TRAITS, cause anyone can play them..

RUN A NEW BETA VOTE SOON FOR PVP, DO NOT LET PVE VOTE ON OUR SERVER STUFF..
  9. Dixa Active Member

i don't think the reasoning is as sinister.

there are some pretty blatant examples of the devs saying there are things they can't change for tle because it would affect live. when i realized that you log into this game differently than eq1 i started to see it. in eq1 you log in, choose a server and THEN you see your char list. here, you see your char list and it shows everything you have on all servers.

this tells me that all of the servers are really just named instances, that they are all interconnected in a way that eq1 servers simply are not, and that there are just some changes that must be universally applied to all servers to keep them working properly.
    Adevil and Siren like this.
  10. Mahho New Member

You do know that most of these things u pointed out dont even work in pvp right? :D :D :D
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

I like your reasoning....However: Originally, open PvP was relegated to its own servers (and in fact Lavastorm, my former 2005 PvE launch home server, and several other PvE servers had to be merged and closed, to be re-rolled as PvP servers in Feb. 2006) so that PvP code would never conflict with PvE code. That was a big bluebie concern going in.

So why would the devs set such a precedent if the code couldn't be restricted and changed on one but not the other? Logins for EQ2 have always been done the same way.

I think it's more a case of EQ2's devs and funds getting drained dry over the years to support other games in the SOE stable that either failed completely (like Free Realms, Vanguard, Pirates of the Burning Sea etc.) or never launched at all (The Agency). Then there just weren't the devs or money left to do anything for EQ2's open PvP, so it unceremoniously received PvE content dump after PvE content dump to leave poor Nagafen (the only server not shuttered out of the 6 we had) in the shape it's in today.
  12. GBlack Active Member

7. No thanks. It was made back in the day and was awful. PvP/Gank target should have the chance to escape. Or it will be scouts gankfest. Rly bad idea.

9, No thanks. BL does not belong to the past EQ II, so it will bring imbalance to the game for sure.
    Siren likes this.
  13. GBlack Active Member

The old racial abilities were great. But I know what devs will say - "We lost the coding/ it will affect live servers" etc.
  14. Tehrror123 Member

WTF are you talking about? Auto PVP engage was best thing they ever did for pvp a year or so ago on Naggy..
    Claiming it would cause nothing but scouts is complete BS, Track is what causes tons of scouts..

Also the ONLY thing that made BLs and Channelers tough in pvp were AAs.
  15. Tehrror123 Member

To claim BLs and or Channelers DON'T belong cause they were here when servers went live is BS, there is tons in game right night that wasn't here when pvp went live years ago.. Without AAs they are like any other pet class, squishy.
  16. Slant Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of the black market broker in ant/fp? I spoke to the spawn guy and was told he was in ant but when I asked a guard were he was by using his name it came back blank. I also ran to all the spawn locations I remember but found nothing.
  17. GBlack Active Member

Since TLE server got rid of of such nonsense as flying/leaping/100%+ ground mounts there is no need for auto engage unless you want easy kills ganking green resource gatherers with your full party.
    Xephane and Siren like this.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

Peeps!

I don't think you should be encouraging Daybreak to make too many knee-jerk racial skill changes. They break more than they fix: Please see current state of bosses with broken leashes/AI, the current class mitigation fiasco ("Gee, I want to tank, so I guess I'll roll a mage!"), etc. It's safer to just deal with what we've got.

If you want to help the server more than anything else, get Exiles back as the third, balancing faction, but they lose all their previous spell upgrades and the trip should be Q-F or F-Q only, because they're the hardest and longest, with both of these to prevent knee-jerk faction hopping at the first sign of faction trouble.

And concerning auto PvP engage: It's on live because ground mounts are what, 130% speed increase or whatever they are and then flying is even faster. If you want to gank hapless players 8 levels below you, you're gonna need to at least work for that one-shot kill: You can use sprint, then you can actually use your bar of skills (besides the one most powerful twinked damage spell) for crowd control, etc. That will suffice.
  19. Creasote Well-Known Member

I vote for PVP auto engage in the game. I also vote for no in combat PVP evacs. This is a PVP server, if you don't want to fight, go to the Pve server.

There are already too many methods to escape PVP combat. Classes with no cc are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to this issue.
  20. Teju Member

I made a new Coercer to test out this Charm spell. Went to CL and stumbled upon a group of 3 freeps. I charmed the necro, killed his 2 friends and then proceeded to do a couple of my own quests with his character. After about 30 minutes of playing someone else's toon he logged out on me :(. I waited.. Charmed him when he returned 5 minutes later. He tried to log out again so I had to keep him busy attacking things so that he could not.

Charm needs to be removed from PvP, have its timer drastically reduced to 10-20 seconds (still too much in my opinion), or make the spell have a completely different effect in PvP such as stun or stifle or something.

Also, summoners do a boatload of damage. I don't know how but I'll find out when I make a necromancer!
    Aquaskaientos and Siren like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.