PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naroc Active Member

That is why I'm hoping they disable the racial traits until at minimum Echoes of Faydwer. At least in that expansion we'll have access to Gnomish Parachutes and Fae Wing Cloaks. Until then, glide/fae fall/wind walker will be pretty OP compared to other races who do not have it.
    Thinwizzy, Ecno and Daarkstar like this.
  2. Daarkstar Active Member

I'm glad someone else gets it. Also Dark-Elf / Erudite teleport has huge exploit potential esp for contested.
    Thinwizzy and TS (Throat) like this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Xephane...There were NO vet rewards when the game first came out, either. But Daybreak took it upon themselves to decide that they were somehow unethical on the TL-PvP.... Vet rewards that include XP potions and bags!

Do you see /claims available? NO.

Do you see XP pots and bags still stubbornly in the cash shop? YES.

We should have seen this coming when, after years of the PvP server crowd begging for a time-locked KoS server, the first poll asked practically every question about the cash shop, cash shop, cash shop and little else!

I don't like the forced tweaking of the game (reduction in bags and XP compared to what we get free on live) to shove you into the cash shop, especially in light of the fact that we're already paying a sub that most people are not paying on live just to be here!

Clearly they feel there's a distinct portion of the populace that is going to feel choked off concerning both reductions, or they wouldn't have that stuff available in the cash shop.

I also don't like the passive-aggressive nuking of things out of the game (like the costume slot-- which can still be used for the plethora of in-game costume quest rewards despite the lack of appearance items in the cash shop) in retaliation for when the cash shop votes don't go their way. Meaning that apparently the majority of people actually voted against appearance items AND Exiles, but voted FOR bags and XP pots being in the cash shop, as well as name changes?! All of which I'm having a bit of a hard time believing, by the way.

And Daybreak can't make the excuse that they eliminated the costume slot to prevent tanks dressing as mages, etc: They obviously weren't too concerned about it in reality, because they just had a poll which included asking if appearance stuff should be in the cash shop!

And make no mistake, my aggravation is even more about the passive-aggressive nuking of things out of the game in retaliation for when the cash shop votes don't go their way, than the actual costume slot, along with Daybreak putting choke points in that aren't there on live (like XP reduction and lack of bags) to push people into spending station cash to get over those hurdles.

If they truly felt it important to force everyone to level slowly, XP pots wouldn't be in the shop. Really, they're just Pay-to-Win.

Moreover, I find it a bit odd that XP is being ratcheted down, or quite frankly, even tampered with at all, when there is a fully-functional locking ability that has been in the game since late 2006 that would solve all the problems: Those who think live's XP rate is too fast can turn their XP off and on at will, and those that don't can leave it as-is, and not run out of quests and be forced to grind half-naked because we can't even equip the quest rewards we have.

Shouldn't they be instead concentrating on fixing the things they've already broken, like the variations in class mitigation, and heroics with broken pathing/AI? And the minute they touch things, it's a ham-fisted, heavy-handed nerf or...it breaks. Sheesh!

I paid $120 for the year in one lump sum over this TL-PvP, and now I'm really regretting it. It's quickly devolved into a double-dipping subscription/cash shop grab and little more...if it wasn't already that from the start.
    Chiaroscuro likes this.
  4. Dixa Active Member

I agree with many of your points siren. however the bags and xp pots thing is here to stay - that was a massive cash cow for this company on the eq1 tlp servers, which also locked us from all of our vet rewards.

I also agree with you that xp should go back to what it was last Tuesday. people can lock themselves to a level if they feel it is too fast solo or even MENTOR DOWN TO A PLAYER IN THE RANGE they want to hang out in to finish content. it is clearly still obscenely fast grouped in dungeons.
    Siren likes this.
  5. LizardKing Member

Please reconsider allowing level locking. You will drive off customers who get tired of getting their ***** handed to them by level locked twinks that have the best gear/weapons possible when they are just in normal quest gear or some crafted gears. The only reason people do this is because they aren't good enough in a fair fight, I guess they just want to play god-mode so they can feel good about their selves IRL.

Please balance PvP over a reasonable framework - level locking should have no part of it.
    Siren likes this.
  6. LizardKing Member

Unless your enjoyment takes away the enjoyment of others, by allowing locking you become nearly indestructible and your opponent has NO chance at all to win. Instead of playing god mode, try playing a style that is a challenge.
    Siren likes this.
  7. oakmiser Well-Known Member

What do you say when you hit T5 and people attack you that have gear from t5 raids and heroics before you?

Level locking is just creating an artificial cap for yourself.
    Xephane, GBlack and TS (Throat) like this.
  8. LizardKing Member

Theres a huge difference between t5 and t2 - Also, in t5 you're focusing more on getting upgrades for the long term instead of wearing about spending coppers you don't have for something you are going to outlevel really fast.
    Siren likes this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Daybreak has let it go more and more out of control for so many years that I don't think they even have the manpower or coding prowess left at this point to do anything about it.

Yeah, there's no spell research available on the TL-PvP right now, expert spell recipes are hard to get, and there are no AAs yet so locking isn't a big deal, but I dread the day when people vote expansion after expansion into the TL-PvP until locked twinks are two-shotting God Mode Griefing Machines once again like they've been on live for years. I hear you there!

Not all lockers (claim) they want this, but there are a definite contingent who do. The only lockers I have ever respected were the Exiled ones, and for some freak reason Daybreak saw fit to even ask if Exiles should be included in the TL-PvP when they polled (Exiles went in a few months after the PvP servers launched in 2006 IIRC, so they've almost always been in-game), and people supposedly voted it down.

You will very quickly learn on these forums which camp each locker falls into...

In before the lazy griefers, who don't care if they make sure most of the leveling population never logs in again. They need an instant "I win" button at low level because they're too lazy to/aren't capable of fully fleshing out and learning to play a capped character! :p

Wait for it.... Waaaaaaaait for itttttttt.....
  10. Ecno Well-Known Member

Yes its unfortunate because I really want to leave as much "flavor" and customization in the game, but there are certain racial abilities that cant be overlooked. The run speed ones are a big deal and I intentionally dont play one of those races because I feel its way too over powered on a Ranger... among many other classes... its a win for any class really if used correctly.

The one I hadnt thought too much about was the fae fall and I figured just leave it at first. Then I realized, well it came out after tinkering... so we had parachutes, we had jumpy boots. While it wasnt as good as being a fae/arsai it sufficed and gave us the ability to get anywhere on the map a fae could get (within reason). In a PVP environment with no tinkering... any race without it, is going to be a severe disadvantage when you come across Rangers, and wizzies and all sorts of classes... entire groups, getting into locations you cant. Freebloods also get a nice heal proc, although I dont know how "nice" but it should be tested and balanced if needed... not removed.

WARNING!!! WALL OF TEXT

Veterans know the consequences of these spots well.

My best example I found was a spot back in JW Danak Shipyard... right above the Sokokar post and it was NEARLY... impossible to get there. There were two ways, one involved jump boots up onto the Lizard statue and jumping around to the ledge. The other was to jump with sprint, jumpy boots and a parachute off the mountain side nearby. I remember when I found that spot, I had never seen anyone up there before... but I did see people after, so others knew regardless of who was first and it was mostly Rangers/Wizzies etc... ranged DPS classes but throw a healer or a couple friends up there with them to jump down and POUNCE... things got crazy.

You could sit up on that ledge and let people fly in... and lay into them before they even popped off the bird. Used to destroy multiple players there... full groups sometimes (under geared usually). The smart ones learned and jumped early. You could keep distance and taunt the person the ledge to come down... try to force the fight to the ground. The unlucky ones got destroyed standing at the post alot of times wondering where they were getting hit from. If they ran you could take their back and jump down to finish em off if it looked like a safe bet. Locations like that are awesome IF everyone can get to them... this one was borderline impossible and it eventually was removed from the game. I know I was reported for that spot among other players... and in time "poof" one day it was gone.They put an invisible wall there so you couldnt sit on the ledge... it needed to happen. Leaper mounts and flying mounts changed all of that later on of course and spots like that became acceptable simply because everyone could get to them.

The point... if everyone can get to the spot, its ok... using tinker items or w/e they have available to them. If one race can get to locations like that with no threat from any other people on the server... then youre going to see alot of people exploiting that and rolling faes. Everyone rolls faes anyways for Rangers and many other classes because of the 50% incombat run speed because its completely over powered in a PVP fight... 1 sec cast, 5 min recast... 36 second duration. You can literally get away from any fight anytime no problem... unless you just get locked down with a mez/charm/root etc. Jump/glide does give slight advantages running out of combat... and smaller advantages in combat. It allows you to jump mid fight, and if you get stunned you still glide that direction, also its probably easier to just move around and get peoples backs I imagine. I dont think glide in combat is a game breaker though.

Fae, Arsai and Aerakyn have the "Reduces Maximum Falling Speed" Racial ability. Fae and Arsai get Glide. All three of them get the 50% in combat run speed and 50% out of combat runspeed buff. 1 Sec cast time, 5 min reuse (probably even faster with reuse speed that may come into play later on in the game) and 36 sec duration. 36 sec... thats a long time in a PVP scenario.
    Xephane, Sheep and GBlack like this.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

Agreed. Once you play the whole game and enjoy everything in every tier that the content of any MMORPG has to offer (that's why they're MMORPGs and not MOBAs or static shooters, after all), then you twink out your capped character.

The only reason level locking ever even made it over to the PvP servers in the first place was the same reason that the AA slider, BGs, PvP gear, guild halls/prestige housing, and flyers/leapers made it over to the PvP server: the devs dumped ver batim PvE expansion after PvE expansion into PvP without the slightest thought about how it could possibly impact open PvP.
    Sheep likes this.
  12. Thinwizzy Active Member

PvP resists may need looked at too. Going to require a lot more testing, but it is pretty easy to hit 65%+ PvP resists with pretty poor gear. Could explain why almost every spell will hit for below minimum listed damage if it doesn't outright resist. This includes mastered and grandmastered spells.
    Sheep likes this.
  13. GBlack Active Member

With appropriate AA cap based on your lvl - there is nothing "Godmode". Guys talking about locked griefers - your posts just sound like the lame excuses for your inability to compete in pvp. If you don't like got killed - there is PvE server. Friendship is magic. Or you can just rush all the way to the cap and get owned by top raiders with godlike gear, like Oakmiser already said.
    Lvl lock was the main thing allowed EQII pvp server to flourish for many years before they ruined the mechanics. Lvl lock gives you a choice to play whatever and whereever you want - it is very important thing that makes EQII freakin unique.
  14. Damoke New Member

Level locking provides a way for players who don't have a lot of time to experience decent PVP. Without AA's, there's really no TWINKING involved. Unless you mean making a crafter to make MC gear? Anyone can do that with an hour of game time. I not only remember when the forced leveling through PVP on us back in like 2007. The server pop on Vox went down about 50% in just a few days. I have a lot of my old guildmates that have come back for this and most say if they change the level lock again, they'll just go to another game again.

I know I'm also not going to pay a subscription of $12 a month to play the game the way YOU or anyone else thinks I should. I will stay if I can PVP at a low level because I can get some decent gear with little invested time and can still have a work and home life.
  15. Damoke New Member

I have yet to be charmed, but I would have to say that it probably needs to be removed. Last night I was with two coercers and they held a guy for almost 20 minutes in CL. Made him attack other players, made him kill quest mobs for them etc. The guy kept saying stuff in Lucanic, so we couldn't understand him, but I can imagine some of the words. Finally, they got bored of it and sent him to kill a level 30^^^ guard. I'm sure this player was wondering why he's paying $12 to be controlled like a merc or pet.
    CHARM should be for NPC's only. I know this will still be exploited to some degree, like a level 28, charming a 32^^^ to attack you, but at least you can play your own character.
    Raff, Naroc, Teju and 2 others like this.
  16. GBlack Active Member

Even with AA's there nothing impossible to compete. I will refer to the pvp RoK days. We had KoS+EoF AA's. Pretty enough. But also we had AA cap = your lvl + 50%. So if you are 16lvl, you can have 24 AA turned in. Is it OP or whatever lvl lock haters saying? Hell no! This cap is just fixing any twink grief. You can get 999999 AA if you want, but you can use only a few at your current lvl. Period.
  17. Ecno Well-Known Member

PVP Racial Ability Feedback

I have taken the list of racial abilities, gone through them to come up with a list of ones that I believe should be looked at. It really is very few... and I truly believe that just these can be fixed so we dont all lose every single racial ability. Youl notice most are Innate abilities because I deleted the rest after going through them since they were regular stuff all races get. There are a couple combat abilities that I left in to look at as well that could be an issue. I dont know how well they work though it should be tested/looked into.

One thing of note, I greened all the tracking abilities because I am pretty certain none of them can track PVP. Please verify to make sure because Scouts being able to track PVP makes them the "watch dogs" for PVP groups, a good scout watching track is essential in a PVP environment and it gives all scouts group utility by having it. No other classes should be able to track PVP... PVE tracking is perfectly fine though.

Here are the lists I used... so you can compare and see what I deleted. I hope this helps us make some good changes without having to remove all racial abilities. Thanks!

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Racial_Traditions_(EQ2)
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Traditions
    Xephane and Daarkstar like this.
  18. Ecno Well-Known Member

Color Code
    GREEN = GOOD - Leave as is.
    YELLOW = MAYBE - Leave working, should be looked at... may not need to be touched at all... but possibly adjust duration/recast etc if needed.
    RED = BAD - Should be fixed for PVP

Aerakyn

Innate Abilities
    • Pyrebreath Bulwark - Dispels levels of elemental hostile effects and wards caster against elemental damage which scale by level.
    • Featherfall - Reduces maximum falling speed
    • Wing Beat - Increases in-combat movement speed by 50.0%, increases speed of caster by 50.0%.
    Arasai

Innate Abilities
    • Ultravision - Provides high contrast vision, but washes out color.
    • Featherfall - Reduces maximum falling speed of caster.
    • Wind Walker - Increases speed of caster by by 50%; Increases in-combat movement speed of caster by 50%. 5 minute recast.
    • Glide - Allows caster to jump farther if not mounted
    Barbarian

Innate Abilities
    • Tundra Endurance - Increases speed of caster by 5%.
    • Impenetrable Will - Makes caster immune to Stun effects.
    • Sprint into Battle - Reduces the initial power cost of Sprint by 30%; increases the base speed of sprint by 10.
    Dark Elf

Innate Abilities
    • Malicious Velocity - Increases Out-of-Combat run speed by 5.0%
    • Hover - Reduces maximum falling speed of caster when not mounted.
    • Traverse Shadow - Teleports caster to target when not in combat.
    Dwarf

Innate Abilities
    • Mining Expertise - Reduces the time needed to mine an object by 1 second.
    • Bristlebane's Work - Grants the skill Disarm Trap.
    • Charging into Battle - Increases out of combat run speed by 5%.
    Erudite

Innate Abilities
    • Aura Sense - Shows a glow around magical beings.
    • Falling Grace - Reduces maximum falling speed of caster when not mounted.
    • Experimental Air Pocket - Allows caster to breathe under water.
    • Ulteran Scholar - Teleports caster to target if not in combat.
    Combat
    • Theoretical Improvements - Grants a small amount of normalized healing and damage; the amount increases as you level.
    Fae

Innate Abilities
    • Infravision - Shows a heat profile for all living creatures in view.
    • Featherfall - Reduces maximum falling speed of caster.
    • Windwalker - increases speed and in-combat speed of caster by 50%. 36 second duration.
    • Glide - Allows the caster to jump farther if not mounted.
    Froglok

Innate Abilities
    • Aquavision - Grants Fish Vision to caster, removing any blur under water.
    • Gills - Allows caster to breathe under water.
    • Hydromotion - Allows caster to walks and jump under water.
    • Marr's Rejuvenation - Increases Health Regeneration of caster by 4.0.
    Freeblood

Station Cash Item spell Cloud of bats-reduces maximum falling speed of caster,shapechanges caster into a cloud of bats,increases out of combat speed by 65%

Innate Abilities
    • Reveal Inner Self - lets the character change from attractive to demonic in appearance.
    • Shadow Walk - Teleports caster to target when not in combat
    • Infravision - Shows a heat glow from all living creatures (screen darkens lights and creatures glow)
    • Frightening Speed - +5% Out-of-Combat movement speed
    Combat
    • Bloodletting - On any Combat or Spell hit this may cast Bloodletting on target of attack. triggers about 2 times per minute.(at char. level 90) 326-488 poison damage,heals caster 139-238)
    Gnome

Innate Abilities
    • Clockwork Expertise - Reduces the power cost of tinkering skills by 25%; increases Tinkering by 10.
    • Tinkered Field Repair - Shapechanges caster into a tinkered repair robot and repairs target's equipment.
    • Tinkered Lockpicks - Grants the skill Disarm Trap.
    Half Elf

Innate Abilities
    • Elven Heritage - Reduces the time needed to gather or forest by 1 second.
    • Tracking - Tracks a selected target.
    • Sustained Sustenance - Increases the duration of drinks by 15%.
    Halfling

Innate Abilities
    • A Halfling's Feast - Improves the duration of food by 25%.
    • Pick Pocket - Gives the caster a chance to steal something from humanoid targets, based on the level difference of the opponent. May cause aggro.
    High Elf

Innate Abilities
    • Transmutations - Reduces the power cost of Transmuting reaction arts by 10%
    • Mind over Matter - Reduces maximum falling speed of caster.
    • Interdimensional Portal - Teleports caster to target, when not in combat.
    Human

Innate Abilities
    • Multitalented - Reduces the casting time of harvesting abilities by half a second.
    • Diplomacy - Reduces target's aggro radius.
    • Urban Sprawl - Reduces the recast time on city calls spells by 10 minutes.
    Iksar

Innate Abilities
    • Reptilian Ancestry - Increases Out-of-Combat Health Regeneration of caster by 6.0.
    • Proficient Swimmer - Allows caster to breathe under water.
    • Reptilian Grace - Grants the skill Savefall.
    Kerra

Innate Abilities
    • Sonicvision - Grants Sonic Vision, which highlights moving creatures.
    • Feline Grace - Grants the skill Savefall.
    • Feral Rage - Increases speed of caster by 50%; increases in-combat movement speed of caster by 50%. 5 minute recast.
    Ogre

Innate Abilities
    • Rock Thrower - Reduces the casting time of the mining ability by 1 second
    • Commanding Presence - Enlarges caster by 20%.
    • Impenetrable Will - Makes caster immune to Stun effects. 5 minute recast.
    Xephane, Naroc, TS (Throat) and 3 others like this.
  19. Ecno Well-Known Member

Ratonga

Innate Abilities
    • Sonicvision - Grants Sonic Vision, which highlights moving creatures.
    • Rob - Gives the caster a chance to steal something from humanoid targets, based on the level difference of the opponent. May cause aggro.
    • Thieving Ways - Grants the skill Disarm Trap.
    • Swift Scurry - Increases out-of-combat run speed of caster by 5.0%
    Sarnak

Innate Abilities
    • Hunter's Fury - Increases speed of caster by by 50%; Increases in-combat movement speed of caster by 50%. 5 minute recast.
    • Hastened Gathering - Reduces the casting time of harvesting by 0.5 seconds if unmounted.
    • Stride - Increases run speed of caster by 5.0%.
    Troll

Innate Abilities
    • Innothule's Blessing - Increases Out-of-Combat Health Regeneration of caster by 6.0.
    • Ignore Terror - Makes caster immune to Fear effects. 5 minute recast.
    • Tasty Things - Increases the duration of tradeskilled food by 35%.
    Wood Elf

Innate Abilities
    • Keeper of the Forest - Reduces the time needed to gather or forest by 1 second.
    • Terrain Negotiation - Increases speed of caster by 5.0%.
    Xephane, Lungz and Thinwizzy like this.
  20. Geeta New Member

LEVEL LOCKING STAYS OR MOST OF SERVER LEAVES = Pretty Simple! If you don't want to level lock, then don't. Go to 50 and PVP there, that's your choice. Don't try to make my choice for me!

Think I've said it before, but yeah Charm needs to do something else in PVP, maybe a stifle or confusion. Definitely not hold a paying player that can't do anything but watch their screen in frustration.

All zones should be open for PVP, while this may invite ghanking newer leveling toons, it will introduce PVP to a lot. Right now, everyone hides behind the protection of DLW/FFS, Neriak/FFS. Go to Freeport or Qeynos, they're almost ghost towns. Only exception to open PVP should be a small area for crafters. Maybe guards around a crafting area would have aggo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.