TLE (PvE) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gninja, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gninja Developer

Sorry folks, it's been an eventful week :) We are still looking through the threads and fixing/tweaking/adding things as we can. Stay tuned!
    Ozryc, Luchsia, Belenos and 4 others like this.
  2. Wabit Active Member

I'm impressed the devs are even here this weekend... It is San Diego Comic-Con
    Belenos, Bravely and HaphazardAllure like this.
  3. Gninja Developer

Who said we can't do both! :)
    Belenos, Neiloch, Bravely and 4 others like this.
  4. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

You guys are awesome!
    oakmiser likes this.
  5. Balbasur Active Member

Raid mobs need to be made a bit harder
  6. Peak Nagafun

Has anyone tried them since the mit changes?
    Siren likes this.
  7. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

OK, so maybe the "large" bag and the 5 4-slotters bags as a starter was a bit much (at least according to a very vocal few). But instead starting with just a single 4 slot bag????? That might have been fine when EQ2 started. But I doubt we had to keep up to 8 pieces of reward gear that was up to 4 levels too high to use for quite a while. Either lower the level restrictions on all the quest reward gear past level 3 or at least give us enough bag space to carry it around until we get to the level where we can use it.

Seriously, this sledge hammer approach is getting tiresome.

Also, many of those mobs you ubered up now have their pathing broken. Wolves are bunching up in Nek forest along parts of the roads. The snakes in the river in Feerrott leave the river as soon as they spawn and wander into the jungle. Big bad nasty griffon in commonlands flies off over the sea. The huuptik in Feerrott wander off into the tunnel towards the jungle. And that is just what me and my son have noticed. I'm sure there are lots more.

And the leashes on many of those mobs you made epic, they are broken. Earlier this week, my son discovered someone had trained ones from most zones all the way to the docks in each zone and left them there to kill any who zoned in. Also, way high level mobs left in like the void beasts in Lavastorm were also trained and left at the dock there. Don't let griefers turn this server into a Ragefire. Fix the leashes before this goes live!

I am starting to get nervous about whether this server will be ready to play when the time arrives when it is supposed to go live. There is such an obsession to tinker with mobs, mitigations and skills, XP, crafting and so much more. And sometimes things get broke to where quests are broken as well. With all the time spent trying to make mobs enough of a challenge for the raider mentality players, the Isle of refuge or the other two starting colony areas MIGHT have been possible to put into the server...

And the challenge could have also been put into the game as well. But so many things are being tinkered with no thought of possible consequences.
    Nickolous and Siren like this.
  8. madent Member

pls.... stop givin ur opinion bout tlp server and go play live with ur son that it s exactly what you are needin...

its unbelieaveble that those kind of opinion exist...

let the challenge of the game out and just put isle of refuge back so u and ur son can relive ur nostalgic emotions ? omg
  9. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

That's not what I said. I am saying that there is too much obsession in fidding with game mechanics. And things are getting broken. Do you actually want many mobs with pathing broke and epics with no leashes?
    Siren likes this.
  10. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Some content change requests.

Please remove the "Shadowy" mobs that drop the quest starter for the "Harbinger of Change" questline. They don't belong in the current expansion and we can't get into Jarsath Wastes to follow up the next step.

Please remove the adornment books from loot tables and adornments from quest rewards. Both are currently unusable.

Please allow "betrayal" from Qeynos to New Halas. I can get the quest from the ambassador in Qeynos, turn in the quest in New Halas, and appear to complete the quest, but city faction don't update and I can't get the housing quest from the lady in New Halas who says "I can only offer my services to citizens of New Halas"

Cheers ;)
    Belenos likes this.
  11. Leaok New Member

Not sure why the XP was destroyed this badly. Taking one hour to get to level 5 is just silly. Especially since you can not use half the gear you get. You are forced to do level 10+ quests at level 5????

XP needs a boost. Unless you are counting on only players who will purchase XP pots playing this game.
    Siren likes this.
  12. madent Member

yes that exactly why we need to spend more time fixin mobs and quests instead of nerfin classes ( like the pvp mentality is runnin in pvp server ) or bringin back nostalgic moments and makin things soloable faster and guided ( as some people on pve mentality is runnin ).

fix the core of the game instead of whinnin bout how YOU wish the game was.

maybe dbg should just create a server where the rules and stats and stuff is personalized for each individual player so everybody feels happy ?

again the most important thing atm is to focus on the core of the game not on personalised wishes.
  13. madent Member

ow 6 bags given s too much

owwwww 1 bag with only 4 slot is too few slot for a begginer..

for me we could even start with 0 bags since they are sellin it anyway or u can just quickly find a tailor and buy it from him

but noooooooooo 1 bag with 4 slot s not enough...........

while this gears are dropin with funny stats

people are killin heroics and raid target without tankin

or as someone have commented mobs are with broken patch

but nooooooooooooooooooo give me more bag and more xp...........

dont forget to put isle of refuge back.
  14. Dixa Active Member

look to yourself

this sever can not just be for the handful of old people that want the old harder game back. being it will be the first new server in who knows how many years, it will also be a magnet for new players looking to start on an even footing with the rest of the server playerbase.

YOU do not speak for me, or for many others.
    Belenos, Rhodris, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  15. Dixa Active Member

Group xp is out of whack. Watching guildmates going from level 15 to level 30 in about 2 hours, something you can't do solo.

have guild mates who are 46 that were level 20 12 hours ago. all group xp in dungeons.

LOOK THERE before you tweak anything further and stop punishing the solo player.
    Belenos, Rhodris and Siren like this.
  16. Xephane Active Member

I'd just like to say please bring back the Isle Of Refuge.
    Not only is it up to par with the experience gain right now but it is a must-have for most players especially if this is an old-school server.
    Before you shut this idea down or ignore it in general please hear me out.
    I was talking to a guildie last night while we were doing a quest and he wants the same thing. But we both had pretty good points.
    Point #1
    Exp in the starter zones is way too low, it wasn't this low in Isle of Refuge, you were always doing quests that are your level. Bringing this back makes it so experience doesn't need tweaking anymore.
    Point #2
    "Yeah I'm sure everybody here wants Isle of Refuge to return, it's very nostalgic as well as fun" "Dude, this isn't something that those couple Nagafen crybabies whine about wanting. I'm pretty sure about 99% of the GLOBAL EQ2 population wants this to return" "Oh yeah totally... Also I have never heard somebody cry or even say 'I want New Halas to be a starter zone!'"
    So yeah. In my opinion these are a couple Very good points to consider. A lot of people want this, Darklight Woods is good, but it isn't old, and nobody (or at least very few people) wants Halas. So please consider and do what you can. I know you can do it, you have done some gaming miracles before, don't let us down. <3
    Siren likes this.
  17. madent Member

based on the fame that you already got around here those days..... im realy glad i dont speak for yourself....

go roll on live pls..
  18. madent Member

* owwwwwww look my guildmates are levelin faster than me, thats not fair..... punish them coz they are in group *

completly pathetic spoiled person mentality.

u are not realy worried boutthe game...but more worried bout how the others are playin and to know what kind of advantage will you have.
  19. madent Member

[quote="Xephane, post: 6225194, member: 714697"
    Point #1
    Exp in the starter zones is way too low, it wasn't this low in Isle of Refuge, you were always doing quests that are your level. Bringing this back makes it so experience doesn't need tweaking anymore.
    [/quote]

why is so hard to make logical thinkin connection ?

yes you were always doin quests that were ur level at isle of refuge coz it was scaled to be this way..

FF was scaled to have quick xp so obvioulsy if u nerf the xp , frostfant sea will have problems to keep the level at the same of the quest.... .its not that isle of refuge would give more xp...

why is so hard to think ?
  20. Syneofeternity Member

Please stop asking for isle back, it has been said multiple times it will not be coming back

And a most have?? You spend 6 levels there, if this is a deal breaker, I'm sorry you probably weren't going to stay longer than a month anyway.
    Luchsia and madent like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.