Isle of Refuge

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Hexcentricity, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Danielson New Member

I totally agree. I would donate see a true classic EQ2 server back up. I do appreciate what their trying to do with the current setup, but I think we all would rather a classic setup. Lets request a Kickstarter!!! I know enough people would jump on and donate to see a true classic EQ2 server running..at the very least get the Isle of Refuge back in there from in. Come on Devs!! We want to help so if a kickstarter is required then I'm all for it!
  2. Wurm Well-Known Member

The code for the island has to be there or I wouldn't have been given a copy as my 11 year reward (which remains unclaimed... I have enough dang houses thank you... )
  3. Iadien Active Member

It makes some people question what else will be changed if they won't even include a small tutorial island. It also shows how little effort the devs want to put into these servers, but want to charge $14.99 a month to play on them, even though the game is F2P.

I really should try to leave the isle today, and record it. If I'm able to leave, my only other guess is that they have a problem with starting people on the isle itself.
  4. Hecula New Member

On other threads people have already said the Isle of Refuge exists in its original working format with all resources so the "we hit the delete button" thing just simply isn't valid. I firmly believe at this point that there is a directive from the top that dictates the progression path and for whatever reason that's causing this not to be imemented. It can't take much code to activate the NPC to port people from the Isle to Coldwind Lighthouse in Antonica. But the isle would bypass New Halas/DLR and I think that's the reason for this decision. Some higher-up has a chub for one or both zones and can't stand to see them trivialized.
    Jaden likes this.
  5. G.Black Active Member

Well, I guess the only thing that bothers the higher-ups is money. But they want our money easy way. With no hard workin on such things as old mechanics and such. Cuz it costs time and money.

IoR is not a complete deal breaker. As many ppl have said - drop us at Q/F and it will be acceptable. But these new zones just make no sense.
  6. Crowder Member

You should probably source this claim because it sounds like a 'a friend's brother's dad' told you that.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

look at his name I'm wondering if it is just lack of sleep that is causing his ramblings.
    Rhodris likes this.
  8. SynnikuL Active Member

In short, without the Isle of Refuge I'm not even considering subscribing and coming back to the TLE servers.

Now, you get the Isle of Refuge back, I'll think about it and there's a good chance I'll be there.

You get class subquests, and the suburb zones like castleview hamlet, and graystone yard - then I'm instantly subbing for at least 6 months and calling several old friends who I know would do the same. Levels 1-20 were the very best fun I have ever had in EQ2 - I'll never forget finally EARNING the Paladin title after being a fighter and crusader forever. This was after weeks of grouping/grinding/dying in Antonica. It was so awesome. But after 20, it seems like it has been on a steady decline over the years. I keep logging in and buying expansions trying to get back to that high of 1-20, but nothing ever lives up. It's like heroin man, you're always trying to get back to that first high.
    Jaden likes this.
  9. Hammdaddy Active Member

there is an eq2 simulator out there, and they have decent progress.
    edit: also the guys who are creating it find the argument over the isle hilarious as they can access it through the games files and also the hamlets without issue
  10. Malachy Well-Known Member

^ ^ ^ This. Half the responses seem to be from people that don't understand several people can still log into Isle of Refuge version 2, the Overlord's Outpost/Queen's Colony that never left it and the dev comment was exactly as stated in the original post and totally nonsensical considering the push back from players. I know I would settle for this version of the island. I would also settle for a drop off to Qeynos/Freeport minus the old burbs. I loathe FF and DLW, but fine, keep them there, I will simply change citizenship to Qeynos/Freeport and carry on in true classic zones.

But I have to agree, they probably already put a lot of work into FF/DLW and don't want to let it go thinking this will trivialize it or someone has a fondness for DLW pvp and is putting forth some ridiculous argument that it's vital. DLW PVP was popular on Nagafen because locked lowbie twinks hunting newbs was huge at the time, that's all. Let it go! IoR is a requirement for a lot of people, it would be something solely on the new servers to get existing members interested in subscribing and it sends a very bad message to veteran players that moved on.

It makes no sense not to get IoR v2 going before these servers launch. Read the testing feedback, they are putting forth great effort elsewhere that seems far more complex. Just give players what they want, a more classic touch and, as always, more options.
  11. Teags New Member

To whoever still had a character on IoR v2? I'll donate via paypal for a video that the Outpost/Colony still exists on servers, you can get quests, and to see if you can actually get to freeport/qeynos via bell/captain. I want some proof to back up our arguments.
    Jaden likes this.
  12. Malachy Well-Known Member

Several people have posted screenshots verified on EQ2U.

Jaden and Bravely like this.
  13. Teags New Member

"Played for a bit, currently level 6. Not going to do more with this character though"

This is why i'm willing to throw them some paypal conpensation. I want a video showing the devs that it still works and we'd be able to reach freeport/qeynos currently. I'm not sure anyone has been willing to see if leaving the isle is successful. I can understand why they wouldn't and i'm trying to provide an incentive to make up for the char having to leave to prove a point.
  14. G.Black Active Member

Can you link? Searched smth like that back in the days but found only one dead project
  15. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

And when they try leaving? What happens then? Can they get to the cities, or do they just disappear into the ether?

My understanding from what I have read is that yes, the zones are indeed still there (as proven by the screenshot), but the link to the cities is now completely broken.
  16. Mondego Active Member

It really shouldn't matter even if it is. They can add enough travel bells so you're never more than 1.4 minutes away from one anywhere on Norath, but they can't add one more?

They just don't like the zone. If they actually had the guts to just come out and say that rather than feeding us a bunch of lines about why the can't/wont do it they might get some respect out of it for at least having the stones to be honest.

As it is it's just vintage SOE/DBG, we have our agenda, get on board and like it or go stuff yourself.
  17. Iadien Active Member

Well, I just bit the bullet and tried to leave.

Here's what happened. I received a message about the zone being unavailable, and was not teleported. However, I received the recall ability, and the recall ability sent me to Freeport when I used it. So, I am no longer on the isle.
    Jaden, Mandrollen and Rhodris like this.
  18. Mondego Active Member

19. Iadien Active Member

Video of it, for science:

Jaden, Mandrollen, Steelviper and 2 others like this.
  20. G.Black Active Member

Send it to Caith or Kander :D