PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balbasur Active Member

GJ overall DB will def get $ worth out of it.

I would recomend having +/- 4 lvls in Caves, Ruines, Oakmyst Forest & Grave Yard
    G.Black and Siren like this.
  2. Caith Developer

They were voted on separately for each of the server types, PvP and PvE.
  3. Peak Nagafun

I think some people are concerned that PVE players (since every player received both polls) could have trolled the vote. Seems unlikely to me, but that's probably what people posting are hinting at.
    Jexus, ringgirl_UFC, Kendayar and 4 others like this.
  4. Zeladaar New Member

Exile needs to be reimplemented ASAP, too big a part of pvp and takes away challenge mode which was honestly one of the biggest lures for me. I find it ridiculous exile is even a thing PVE'ers should vote on since it has little to no impact towards their gameplay
    Jexus, ringgirl_UFC, Kendayar and 4 others like this.
  5. Pikaboo Member

They should redo a Poll regarding these issues for the PVP and PVE servers again because large amount of us re-subbed when beta was available and are our votes weren't heard. By creating a poll inside the beta it will give better insight as a whole what the community wants. Because I am sure that appearance and Exile would probably be in favor with all returning PVP players.

I myself just returned to the game when the Beta server went live, I know a lot of other players who did the same, TLS polls should be closed to only to BETA players because it is suppose to be mostly in our control as community on what changes happen to our individual servers.

A lot of players are amazed these changes went through. Is it possible to show the community the data on all the voted choices by the % of each answer.
  6. Thinwizzy Active Member

I think it would be nice to have a revote on some of those things now that people have gotten a look at the server and there are more people back than what were playing a few weeks ago. I feel like several weeks before beta launch was just to early to get a good estimate.

Not being able to exile is extremely disappointing to me and plenty of others. I feel like it could hurt population more in the long run than not being able to exile would. If exile will not make it in, then the ability to start all races and classes in both factions must.
    Jexus, ringgirl_UFC, Kendayar and 3 others like this.
  7. Frinch Well-Known Member

This goes for both servers methinks, but lvl 50 tradeskill recipes require raws from the next tier.
  8. Riku New Member

Exile definitely needs to be in the game. In my opinion I think that the poll being on the live servers and before the beta probably gave very inaccurate results. I say this because who ACTUALLY doesn't like appearance? o_O There's appearance items on the marketplace and I think the cosmetic value of this game is one of the MANY few in gaming that's actually really solid. If tank's running around in robes are that big of an issue to some people then some priorities need to be set straight. Even IF people are having issues telling the difference between a Mage or Tank based on their apperance gear, they are probably too lazy to look at buffs to decipher the class aside from their appearance. If that is the case, then its survival of the fittest a.k.a "PvP". :) I love appearance and exile I'd like to see either another poll or them both reinstated.

P.S. I don't want to run around like a mismatched clown.
    Pikaboo, Jexus, Slant and 1 other person like this.
  9. Nightmre New Member

The vote should have been only for the people on the PvP beta server as I am sure there were many others than just myself that did not have a sub before then.
    Jexus, Naroc and Siren like this.
  10. Drew575 Active Member

Address the brawler/healer gear for t5...the procs are all messed up and still stuff that says "Must not be used in PVP" please fix this....
  11. Frinch Well-Known Member

Three quick points:

Crafting xp is fine at the moment, if you're using vit/xp pots. On release without pots and vitality it's going to be complete ****. Great care needs to be taken balancing adventuring xp and crafting xp-- currently, the material, xp, and time requirements for crafting make it virtually impossible to keep pace with adventuring xp, which is a huge disincentive to craft.

Reducing harvesting yields is a terrible idea (although it seems like you've already done something; yields of 2 are orders of magnitude more common that 7 and 13 even when out-leveling the tier).

The no appearance slot is another terrible idea. People will quickly associate names with classes on a pvp server anyway, but more importantly, isn't selling that fluff appearance crap a potential source of income for you guys?

~F
    Blitzed and Siren like this.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

Please put in another TL-PvP vote concerning Exiles and XP pots. I totally don't get why Exiles were voted against and they should be in the game, but I'm glad to hear Daybreak is at least trying to implement all classes on both sides regardless.

If XP pots are an "unfair advantage" on the TL-PvP as was stated by Daybreak when they were a /claim, then they're an "unfair advantage," regardless of whether they're a vet reward or a SC shop purchase. Please remove them from the SC shop permanently.

I notice the in-game mail doesn't work on the TL, though; can that be made to function long enough for a poll? Actually, I thought Daybreak had said in the beginning that many of the polls would be put through on the beta server, so there must be a way.

Also please set the level range to 4 instead of 8 in all the t2 areas (CL/Antonica/sewers etc.).

Oh, and any word on the possibility of the Isle of Refuge going in for launch? And will combat XP be reverted to what it is on live? There aren't enough quests left in the revamped Q starter areas compared to back at launch, and even FFS runs out way too soon. Any less than launch XP speed is going to make for a lot of grinding.

Also, please take care when nerfing crafting XP as well. People holed up crafting for half the time they're online just so they can gear up are people not out on the landscapes PvPing or questing (and, as a consequence, PvPing even then too).

Harvesting is also another big incentive to being out on the landscapes where the PvP action is, so it would be bad if people gave up crafting (and therefore harvesting as well) because it took too long so they couldn't gear up correctly as they level. It would also stink if they quit crafting because it took so many mats and fuel that they went broke and gave up.

Thanks for listening.
    Jexus, Slant, ringgirl_UFC and 3 others like this.
  13. Brathly New Member

What vote? Where was this vote? I understand 5% of that. This game came out November 8th, 2004. Appearance armor came out September 12, 2007. If by this point in the game you can't tell the difference between a Tank and a Mage on a PvP server you will have issues surviving. You have mentioned that it would be too difficult to remove / add certain things. But this was easy enough to be removed without any information given about why. I don't really understand how leaving this negatively impacts you. It's not even going to be introduced later in the game, it's just being removed entirely from these servers. I am fully aware about how many people purchase Station Cash just for appearance gear. Part of this games population is here because of how you can customize your character. This is one of the more appearance customizable games on the market. Removing that seems like a poor marketing decision on your part. You guys at Daybreak purchased a dying game and are attempting to revive it, while making money in the process. But this isn't going to increase revenue, so why it was removed seems incredibly inefficient.

Again, what vote? Where was this voted on? You only have a Beta so we can point out flaws and they can be fixed. So why remove something that isn't a flaw? This doesn't negatively impact you in any way, in fact I would say it's probably harder to remove it than keep it. Exile is a population balancing tool. This is a Player versus Player server, we like fighting others, and especially each other. I for one love to kill people from my own population, it's a fantastic tool. Are you planning on letting one faction or the other have 60% or more population? Or are you going to implement something from stopping people from creating character temporarily until it balances out? Neither of these are good ideas. I have played on a PvP server since they were launched. Exile has always been a personal favorite for me, and many players I know. Without Exile the population will decline quickly. Is there a concrete reason why it is being removed? You are removing / changing things with minimal explanation, it seems lazy. Voted off the island? You didn't want to deal with it, right?
    Blitzed, Jexus, ringgirl_UFC and 5 others like this.
  14. Brathly New Member

I agreed with all of the other things, but these two seem ridiculous to a me. As a player of 11 years, I know what I have enjoyed and disliked. Daybreak has had fairly good success thus far with games you have bought out. It makes me wonder what spurs these two poor decisions.
    Jexus and Pikaboo like this.
  15. Yanan Member

Appearance gear is one of the reason I play this game. I like having the ability to look how I feel my character should look its a way for me to express my self. If it has no impact on PVP I see no issue with it. People have the right to express them self's. Plus it is a way to increase sales which brings revenue to the game to be used for increased Development. People need to realize they cant force people to do or be who they want them to be or do. If I wanted to run around as a tank in cloth appearance that is my own choice! The buffs and spells and abilities show what class a player is. Keep the freedom of appearance in the game please! All in favor say AYE!
    Jexus, Riku, Pikaboo and 1 other person like this.
  16. Punchie Member

Please Add: Recipe for Iron Arrows
  17. Hammdaddy Active Member

In game polls where we can't view the current results are always the worst,for all we know some things could of not been voted the way they are painted
  18. Alumar New Member

What's the current roadmap on going live? Assume you all are using an agile process to this. 2 week sprints?
  19. Naroc Active Member

I could type up a long winded response to the removal of exile but others have expressed my feelings perfectly on why it is a horrible idea. Please reconsider Exile. It's a way to keep the factions balanced and will significantly help the population. The removal of Exile will likely cause a large chunk of PvPers to leave the game all over again.
    Jexus, ringgirl_UFC, Kendayar and 3 others like this.
  20. Aquaskaientos Member

This! I am VERY sad about this change, you have broken my heart. If you don't like plate tanks looking like a mage, so you could make some restrictions, but don't delete appearance customization entirely :( please
    Siren likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.