PvP Time-Locked Expansion Server Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slant Well-Known Member

Its disabled, You talk to the city ambassador and it tells you that betrayal is disabled on the TLE-PVP server

It was working from the freep side but as of today it is disabled there as well.
  2. Thinwizzy Active Member

Highest tier zone should be unlimited PvP level range.

Enable gear procs in PvP.
  3. G.Black Active Member

Why?
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

I've been playing this game for so long that even when I rolled alts, they were always geared with the best that my crafters and tons of plat could provide.

Here on this server. Dropped in penniless, having to scrabble for gear, no mount....tis glorious, DB.

Bug n all :)

Can't wait for launch.
    Jaden, oakmiser, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ecno Well-Known Member

EXP Gain needs to be boosted back up a little...

FIRST THOUGH - all exp and vitality pots should be removed from the beta server so we can accurately see what the exp gain really will be on live. Its very misleading to determine the actual rate of experience gain when everyone is using the potions and vitality 100% of the time.

The experience gain was a little high initially and I did want it lowered... but now its so low that even with the exp/vit pots burning all the time its too slow... and without them its horrid, lower than it was during that time for sure. Also you need to think about what is a good compromise to promote the most people to play. I am all for making us grind, but this is going to be way too extreme for some players.

I also really cant believe that people voted yes to the vitality and experience potions in the poll... there shouldnt be any "shortcuts" for leveling by paying to win on a PVP server.

The bags are fine... the other stuff is fine, no experience potions or vitality potions though. Youre going to save yourself a bunch of headache too by removing them because I know that all the veterans should be able to claim theirs if you leave them in game.

20 Sec Immunity - Love it, its just long enough for you to become aware of your surrounding when you zone through and be ready IF you are on your toes. If youre not on your toes and you dilly dally even for just a few seconds... you get caught off guard that its already down to 5 sec and that bad guy staring at you is about to put your face in the dirt. It also helps prevent people from zone hoping or running through zones to instances etc while being immune for 1 min.

Fast Travel Changes - I do like it, its great to be forced to run instead of using the griffons/horses in the zones. I wouldnt change it back... matter of fact just remove the towers/horse points from those zones.

What I dont like is the fact that you can still use bells to get places instantly. There are boats coming and going to TS docks and other docks that take you to the zones... but nobody is using them because you can just click the bells still. How about you click the bell and it tells you how long until the next boat is coming? Or force you to talk to the harbormaster next to the dock for an estimate. We should be forced to wait for a boat to go between Nek and TS... and from TS/Nek to EL, Zek, Feerrott, Everfrost and Lavastorm. This will create a lot more traffic and pvp at the dock areas because people will be waiting for the boats to travel. Something simple like 5min timer round trip on the boats would be a good starting point. Not long, but long enough to bring traffic to those areas and give meaning to the VAST OCEAN that separates all of these continents. The only place I want to be able to use a bell for fast travel is from Qeynos to ANT or FP to CL.

I also dont like the city bells that allow travel through Qeynos/FP instantly instead of forcing players to run through the cities. They arent that big... and it will bring city pvp eventually if you remove the guards and make sure that anyone can attack anyone in cities without needed to be carnage flagged. Carnage flag is nothing more than a fancy way of keeping people from being able to attack people in their own city unless that said player WANTS to engage in PVP. You shouldnt have the luxury of choice for PVP engagement even in the cities. If someone is dedicated enough to get into your city, and find you strolling through town... they should be able to attack you. We want the raw feeling of the possibility for PVP everywhere. Only safe place should be your house...

Other things to consider...

Fame system right now is a joke, its simply way way way too easy and takes no time to get up in the ranks. Revert back to the old fame system, +1/-1 but only if you killed someone above below or same rank as you. This system works a lot better and requires you to actually hunt for certain titles, which forces you to fight people with "similar skill levels" if you want to gain fame/gain a rank in your title. What I love about this the most is it forces you to work your way up the fame ladder, finding players within the same ranks... and as you go up the skill of the players generally goes up as well, so youre improving as well... and learning from each and every fight.

Charm cant be 8 mins in PVP and it definitely should not take the caster out of PVP combat so they can EVAC. IE... Charm, then Evac anytime youre about to lose a fight in PVP. Its just a pansy way to get out of combat alive when youre about to lose and you know it. I have no problem with charm being viable in PVP (basically a mez for dirges)... 30- 60 seconds would be plenty, same with mez imo. Charm should keep you in combat just like mez does...

I vastly prefer the old engagement system to the new one. The new one was really only implemented for following reasons... which dont really apply to this server since these things have been disabled on this server (nice work btw!). Below is a breif description of the reasons the engage system was changed.

House/Guild Recall - Zoning to your house or guild if you saw someone in the wild that you didnt want to fight or if you were about to be engaged in PVP and didnt like the odds.

Dunegon Maker - Zoning into any random dungeon just to escape PVP before you died or to avoid PVP all together. Literally some people would just zone in, zone out... run with immunity for 60 seconds and then rinse/repeat til they got where they were going. It was a pathetic abuse of PVE elements left in the game on a PVP server.

BG Queue - Same thing as Dunegon Maker issue except you had to wait a little bit for it to queue you into a BG match. It was very easy though to just queue for a match and leave the 60 second timer window to start the match open until you wanted to click it. You could just requeue over and over and always leave that 60 second timer window open for a match. I cant tell you how many people I would be chasing down in a zone and then they would queue BG and POOF gone right in the middle of a pvp zone. Then they come right out... and run for 60 sec with immunity and do it again if they need to.

Mercenary Out of Combat Heals/Abilities - We had other players who would abuse the out of combat abilities on mercenaries in pvp. Some players would simply never engage first... force you to attack them first, then while youre in combat with no run speed, they run away... get full heals from out of combat merc/player. Then they would just turn around and go in for the attack with full out of combat speed... and you sitting there like a duck in the water. If things started going bad in combat they could just sprint off, break combat... and BOOM instant full heals then turn around and do it again. Alternatively if you were trying to kill the merc while the player tucked tail and ran. The merc heals itself over and over with PVE level heals. If you rooted the merc or chain stunned etc... the owner just had to get out of the leash range and merc would teleport to the owner... then full heal.

If you were a player without said healer merc vs the player with it... well then you were at a huge disadvantage if they abused the in/out of combat abilities. It wasnt an issue once you could hit them once and engage them because the heals on the merc changed from PVE to PVP levels and they couldnt get full healed instantly. They also couldnt just run super fast and make the merc teleport to them... both the merc, the player and the other player engaging them were forced into PVP combat with PVP ability levels.

Whenever you do bring exiles into the game, make the betrayal quests take considerable amount of time... I am talking one whole day or several days. We dont want people switching sides all the time just because they can. You need to be dedicated to a side and stick there... or be forced to do a long quest. You could also do something simple like only allowing you to exile once per month... and the quest isnt that long or hard... but you cant do it more than once a month.

You have to remember Exiling allows people to transfer gear/items to either side and you dont want that happening quickly. Blackmarket brokers should matter... just like they did in the original content. You had to go and find that blackmarket broker in the middle of ANT/CL and buy stuff off him in a hostile PVP zone with money on you. It was a risk... but sometimes a worthwhile one if you needed something from the other side.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

They really need to re-enable betrayal and Exiles. What was the server vote like? I find it hard to believe so many people would have voted against it. There are no PvP gear, WFs or tokens here so there's no token exploiting that can go on. Did these voters not realize that?

Did they and Daybreak also not remember the balance headaches and constant cries for class nerfs before both sides could play all the classes? As it stands, even with betrayal in, Necros/SKs/Defilers etc. are still easier for Freeps to obtain (they just roll one) than Qeynosians (who must Exile first), for example. Without betrayal, the class nerf cries are going to become unbearable.

Poor Daybreak-- this is becoming more than you bargained for, eh? But alas, 9 years of PvE content dump after PvE content dump into open PvP with nary a thought as to how it would all impact said PvP has finally caught up with you. :) And how do you get out of this hole? Well, the same way you got into it: one shovel-full at a time.
    G.Black likes this.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

I'll bet with the Lizard Squad DDoS shenanigans that Daybreak could be having as many problems getting onto the forums here and getting patches put through as we're having staying in-game and on the forums. That might be it.

Well, that and we can't really expect them to whip up patches every day. These things can take time, and they have to decide exact percentages, details, and how everything will effect everything else, plus test for bugs before releasing any patches.
  8. Dixa Active Member

actually it would give them the probably the single most important data piece needed - at which point to people give up on the new xp rate.
  9. Exulia New Member

I have missed EQ2 for SO long.

I am LOVING the fact that I am playing again with equal excitement as 6-7 years ago.
    I am LOVING getting a fresh start on a bare bones PVP server.
    Did I mention I LOVE this game?

My experiences in the beta thus far: From how I remember it to be.

Fix CC for all classes
    Enable PVP in DLW and FFS
    Readjust PVP level ranges to 4 levels in Tier 2 zones & instances (Antonica, Commonlands, DLW, all instances in those zones etc.)
    Allow status gain and loot chest from killing RED players but maybe take away fame gain to prevent fame and title LEACHING.
    Return the title system to: you have to kill a player with similar rank,1 below or 1 higher to gain fame and increase your pvp rank. (Hunter must kill a non-ranked or a slayer before they are able to become slayer etc.)
    Lower the amount of materials harvested so that we are not getting a random 13 mats then 1 on the next. Max it out at 10 mats and the only time you harvest 10 is when you harvest a RARE. And when a rare is harvested, grant only 1 rare at a time rather than 2 to make it harder to gear up. It allows you to EARN your gear and makes it feel more rewarding when you max your character out. Plus it will require more people to go out and harvest longer, leading to more PVP and the thought that at any time you can be attacked! (I LOVE that feeling) Heart pounding experience while harvesting? You can not get that experience from any other game out there!
    Enable a feature to DISABLE PVP XP GAIN! We can disable pve xp and quest xp but not pvp? (PLEASE!)
    Maybe implement "Class AA" system only to upgrade current class spells rather than gain more spells.
    XP Debt? Anyone? I have mixed feelings about this but Id like to hear your guys feedback.

I am sure I am missing a few things but these adjustments would make me to reach further into my pocket, no doubt!
    I've invested a lot of money into this game over the years. I am all for keeping this gem going and returning it to its glory days! I have already recruited my old buddies to get back into it. Once we all caught wind of a TLE PVP server, it didnt take us long to re-sub ;)
    G.Black likes this.
  10. Peak Nagafun

Only Charm is broken. Although some people have mentioned not receiving immunity to crowd control? I've only seen immunity, so it sounds like this might be a bug.

Why?
    Thinwizzy likes this.
  11. Fetish Well-Known Member

Interesting. You might be right...and that is an important bit of information, but it wouldn't do to have them stick around because they leveled "fast enough" only to leave because the game play interaction of PvP or PvE was as imbalanced as it is on the normal servers.
  12. Exulia New Member

IDK what a necro used on me the other day but I was stunned the whole fight. Literally stunned for 20 seconds. Reducing it for PVP to 5 seconds would sound about right and then you have a short immunity timer for stuns.

I cant be the only one who thinks this but Tier 2 PVP was my favorite. I would spend HOURS on HOURS playing locked in Tier 2. Hell I did it for 3-4 years. The experiences I had in that time were unmatchable by any game I have played since then.

The game lost so many people once this aspect of the game was destroyed.

Plus there is still SO much content to explore in Tier 2. The zones and content are by far my favorite part of the game and you out level the zones so fast you cant experience them all.

Returning PVP level ranges in Tier 2 to 4 levels is more realistic and how it use to be. I mean seriously, a level 18 can kill a level 10?
    Any other tier, 8 levels is fine but in Tier 2 it is a bit extreme.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier is, I would really like to have the old Qeynos vs Freeport vs Exile. Make City Immunity just like DLW and FFS is now. City PVP can still occur but the cities act as safe zones. When you leave the city you better be prepared!
    With that being said, all of the Evil Classes and Good Classes need to be returned to their respective factions. If you want to play a Evil class in Qeynos, you have to first exile and gain city faction to switch. AKA Betrayal quests.
    Chiaroscuro and TS (Throat) like this.
  13. Caith Developer

First, Queue times - Queue times, when they are enabled, are based off of the limits we need to place on Beta, because Beta is run on less hardware than a live server. They do not indicate the levels they will be set for on live.

Appearance slots - Voted off of the island. If you are going to be a plate tank who tries to look like a mage, you are going to have to take the mitigation hit to do so.
    Charm lasts 8 minutes - Yes, yes it does. You will be able to purchase a Pumice Stone to cure yourself as soon as we work out a code issue with self curing charms.
    City PVP rules general - City PvP rules should be reverting back to PvP launch code, which means you can be attacked by anyone of any level, but you are no longer prevented from attacking others. Stay tuned.
    City PVP rules in Darklight Woods - Evils cannot get to Frostfang Sea at all, unless something else is broken. We're amendable to another solution, but we aren't going to simply open the floodgates to one side being farmed.
    City PVP rules/level ranges in city dungeons - We'll discuss it, and we may put up a poll.
    Exile - Was voted off the island. Neriak's betrayal NPC was fixed to stop being a dirty cheater in a recent beta update. We're discussing options to allow all classes on each faction.
    Harvesting - We're working on reducing the amount of harvests you recieve on timelocked servers, however this is a pretty large task, so it's going to take some time before you see it.
    Infamy/Fame - You should not be able to get an update unless you are within 1 level as it is. For that matter, live PvP should have this same restriction right now. We'll investigate. Other then the infamy bar (which isn't going anywhere, just not feasible), fame should be almost identical to PvP launch.
    Level Locking - Staying. Fixed the bug that caused PvP kills to continue granting XP despite disabling.
    Mobs that you want to see heroic - If we missed some that players feel should be heroic, be specific when you report them. There is zero chance that will be able to go through every mob in game one by one and verify if it used to be heroic.
    PvP immunity after zoning - This was reduced to 20 seconds recently, which is short enough and should still give even the slowest zoner time to prepare or call to home after zoning/reviving. We aren't going to reduce this any further, as it runs the risk of someone getting into a revive/killed loop without any recourse to escape.
    Server Mounts - Many server mounts were disabled in a recent update. If you see one in specific you think needs to go, let us know what zone and where.
    Spell Auto attack items - These aren't going anywhere folks, it would be a massive investment of time to remove them, and disabling them would break things on live servers.
    Tinkering, Transmuting, Adorning - The daily quest giver that was granting adorning and tinkering skills should be gone now. Transmuting cannot be removed without breaking things on live, disabling it on the TLE servers serves the same purpose.
    Tracking - Should not be able to open a new tracking window while in PvP combat after the next beta update.
    Warfields - Should no longer be spawning as of the next beta update. The code for these is stuffed all over the place, so if it comes up again it won't surprise me, but we'll track them down as they happen.

As a final note:
    Marketplace Items - Every item you see on the marketplace was voted on in the poll. We're discussing whether or not XP and Vitality potions will be available immediately on the PvP server, or if we want to seed them in a few weeks after launch.
    Raff, Daalilama, Blitzed and 4 others like this.
  14. Spodos New Member

Just wanted to chime in. Would very much like to see the decision on Exile reversed. Our guild had more fun being exiled on Nagafen than at any other point in the game. Don't see what the downside is of having it around.

At an absolute minimum we should have a way to play all classes on all sides (otherwise raids get unbalanced), but it really would make a lot more sense to leave Exile and betrayal in.
    ringgirl_UFC, Naroc, Siren and 2 others like this.
  15. Twelvetrees Member

Charm lasts 8 minutes - Yes, yes it does. You will be able to purchase a Pumice Stone to cure yourself as soon as we work out a code issue with self curing charms.

I'm assuming players will be able to carry a stack of pumice stones with them similar to cure pots. If so then the duration can stay as it is, if not then it's too long.

Also contrary to other colleagues I think the charmed player should be a fully controllable pet until they self cure or if they're grouped a priest / mage cures them e.g. attack, wait, defend, dismiss should all work.
  16. Gromph Member

First off thanks for the update!

I think the point people are trying to make with the whole 'revert to the original system' is that you should lose Infamy/Fame on death as well, so its not just a quick inevitability that everyone reaches the highest pvp titles. It also sounds as though most people agree its much easier to get a high title now than in the old days.

I don't think people care that much about a bar showing your current standing compared to the more important part where having a very high title is meaningful since you can lose it.

If Exiling isn't an option due to some vote before this beta started (that makes no sense to me why we who are actually playing wouldnt vote on that now btw), then we surely need access to all of the classes, since content (to my knowledge) has always been balanced around having access to all 24-26 of them.

Its unfortunate this seems set in stone, since a lot of us apparently never had a say in this. We heard about the beta and waited for it to start to 'determine our servers destiny' as you advertised. Not being able to Exile removes the ability for a server to self-correct a population imbalance. Just my opinion though. If it was already decided we will live with it.

Regardless everything is moving in a very exciting direction!

Is there any discussion going on about resistances in pvp? You made an announcement about a mitigation nerf, will this extend, or stay with only physical damage? Currently its very difficult for spells to land on players.
    Chiaroscuro and Siren like this.
  17. Twelvetrees Member

Exile - Was voted off the island. Neriak's betrayal NPC was fixed to stop being a dirty cheater in a recent beta update. We're discussing options to allow all classes on each faction.

Was this vote based on PVE & PVP players responses combined - I can't imagine PVP players would have voted 'No' to this, it seems the PVE vote swayed this result...

I would be happy for Exile to be re-instated on the PVP server as long as completing betrayal completely e.g. Q to FP, resulted in you losing all Master spells back to App 1's. There should be some deterent to stop faction hopping.
    ringgirl_UFC, Kendayar, Naroc and 2 others like this.
  18. Peak Nagafun

Is this intended to be reduced or changed? Or is curing / self-curing going to be the option and the duration will remain the same.

Is that right? Currently it seems to be as long as you're within the level range of the zone. Or maybe it's as long as the player cons (not grey or red), which is probably how it should be. Although I think getting updates off of reds should be back in the game if lower levels can manage to take down a higher level.

I would love to see them delayed for a few weeks or a month or so.
  19. Nightmre New Member

Disable Exile on the PvE but not the PvP. Exile makes a huge difference on the PvP server. It should be reinstated.
    ringgirl_UFC, G.Black, Naroc and 3 others like this.
  20. Pawder Active Member

So, not in the beta myself because they are mostly bugged and I hear a lot of too much of this and too much of that. Why can't I do this and why can they do that kind of comments. I would like to know. How are the character skill setup? Is it like it used to be where the more Sta the more health you had? Str gave your strength? for any class? or is it still how every class can basically be a tank or a mage. Back in the day, I used to get my resists way the hell up so I wouldn't get charmed. Can you do that now?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.