How to efficiently invite Niboota to tour your home!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niboota, May 14, 2015.

1. Niboota Well-Known Member

So I get a lot of invites to tour, which I absolutely love! However, when I make my videos I want to include accurate and complete information. Also I would rather enter your home through the actual door instead of the leaderboard. If you have personally invited me to your home/s, or you are suggesting someone else's home, it will be a LOT easier on me (and I will be more motivated to tour) if you give me the information in exactly this way:
    • Message me here on the forums, or via Facebook, Live Journal, or niboota AT gmail.com, or list your home/s here in this thread (thank you seefar for that idea)
    • If you have multiple homes, identify the home you would most like featured in a video, in case I can't get back to tour your other homes.
    • Designer:
    • Owner:
    • Location: (the actual location - not just the leaderboard catagory)
    • Server:
    • Any special notes or comments you would like me to include in the video, or anything you just want to share with me conversationally. (I am especially fond of stories and lore!)
    I'll also mention that, I do my best to keep up with invites, but I pause my list at times in favor of special tours, like contests I want to cover, holiday tours, really awesome looking homes that I can't resist touring right then and there, or new homes published by my favorite designers. So if it takes me awhile to get to your home... know that I WILL get there!

ALSO: Don't be too shy to invite me! I, and those watching my videos, enjoy ALL SKILLS LEVELS! So if you are hesitating - DON'T! :) If you invite me, I will come! Eventually ;)

EDIT: OH and don't wait for me to "find" you! I don't often tour randomly or tour homes I see posted on the forums ect. I mostly go where I am invited, because I get SO many invites, and I know if I'm invited they definitely want a video!

EDIT #2: If you would like to see where you are on my tour list, or you'd just like to see what I'll be touring next (with the exception of my sometimes random and/or spontaneous tour stops), the "updates" category at The Evertour Entries is where you want to look!

EDIT #3: If you have invited me to tour, and you do not see yourself on my tour list, make SURE you send me a message to let me know! My memory is terrible, and I sometimes don't get around to adding new invites for a few days which means I could possibly forget I had a home to add!
    Kat1, Seefar, suka and 5 others like this.
  2. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

am I still on your list from February or should I private message my house addresses to you all over again? just asking because I want to ask before I PM you. ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Niboota Well-Known Member

I don't have a Tenchicgirl15 listed... did you contact me about your home through facebook or live journal or in game? I'll have you listed under whatever name you were using in your message.

Nevermind! I see a Justinalynn listed and Techicgirl15 as the Designer! You are one of the videos I'll be doing tonight actually!
    suka, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  4. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

o cool!! thanks! :) I'll be looking forward to see the video when you put it up. ;)
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is awesome! It's so nice to be able to get everything standardized, isn't it? :)

Uwk
    who'll definitely be submitting more now...as soon as they're finished...honest... :D
    Merriel, suka and Niboota like this.
  6. Dannnni Active Member

I FB'd ya... :)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know how this is gonna sound, but given the popularity of Niboota's videos, I wonder if there's any way we can get this stickied? ;->

Or maybe just have people submit their requests here as well as PM'ing or such? That way it'll keep bumping it up.

EDIT: d'oh, that is one of your suggestions...never mind! But let's do keep this one at least on the first page of the Homeshow forum! :D

Uwk
    Faeonara, Merriel and suka like this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

amen to stickied. We all love you Naboota.
  9. Niboota Well-Known Member

I love all the decorators in this community. It's the most awesome community EVER! And EQ2 has the best housing system EVER! :)
  10. Innania Member

Do you ever tour EQ1 properties as well? For those of us who play both games :p
  11. Niboota Well-Known Member

I sure don't, sorry! I'm an EQ2 only girl!
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

All righty, let's Uwk-test (to see if Uwk can break it, mess it up, be confusing, etc.) this method--which I still think is brilliant, and should be stickied, imho (why? 'Cause there's a lot of folks who'd love Niboota to come visit their places and record them!)! :D

House: Tanks for the Memories
    Designer: [might actually be Uwk, since Abrahm's one of the army of Uwk-alts]
    Owner: Abrahm ("a-bram") Sappy'Yen
    Location: Glacial Villa, New Halas [the 4-room non-status address]; had to Unpublish to get some more amenities in. ;->
    Server: Public Test
    Info: Reading the book at the very beginning helps a lot (it should be only the first two pages now, unless you want to read the rest of it at your leisure; Abe can get pretty--erudite :D). The place is still a bit unfinished as far as air-breathing visitor accommodations go (he's still thinking about moving to someplace bigger), though the upstairs is a bit more polished, and there's a relatively nice bathroom under the stairs. ;->
    Directions: Once you're in the house, to get into the first "living room/entry room" tank, go up the default staircase to either of the two "diving platforms" and jump in. To get out of the first tank, either take the corridor between the first and second ones, or the spiral staircase--er, "swim to the surface" (the spiral staircase is still very much a work in progress; we really need more variety in our Misty tiles, like real Stairs and Rails). If you take the corridor, i.e. the "water lock" between the tanks, hop up a bit to get inside it. The water lock should be wide enough to work... :-/

Another way to get into the second, "bedroom" tank is to be outside the tanks, in the house, and go around, into the second big ground floor room (the one off to the left; enter the room between the default staircase and the outer walls of the water lock and stay on "dry land"). There's a ramp in there that goes up to the top of the tank, then you can jump on in. :)

Oh! The li'l sea horses in the second tank are pulling a "chariot/boogie board" that you can hop into and kneel for pictures in; more on those li'l rascals in Abe's part of the book. ;->

Upstairs has indeed been spruced up a bit since Niboota last visited, so be sure to catch it! :)

Uwk
    Seefar and Niboota like this.
  13. Niboota Well-Known Member

There's seems to be a small wave of new Niboota viewers, so I'm bumping this!
    Faeonara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bump, schmump! I think this should be Stickied! :D

Uwk
  15. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

You still have my list??
  16. Niboota Well-Known Member

I do! I just haven't gotten back around to you! I will though!
  17. Seefar Well-Known Member

Dear Niboota. Your work is clearly worthy of a higher profile, and short of the sticky Uwk is pushing for, having folk post here to request your visits seems to be a good way to help it. So...
    • House: Seefar's smelly pad
    • Designer: Seefar
    • Owner: Seefar
    • Location: Fish's Alehouse and Inn, Qeynos Harbor. (Up the stairs, second door on the left right.)
    • Server: Guk
    • Notes:

My first home was in Willow Wood. I have fond memories of that Qeynosian suburb. I spent many a long afternoon chin-wagging with Kelethin (the local cat -- I often wonder how and where he is now, and hope that the answer isn't 'a pile of bones in a gnoll's rubbish pit'). A long time before the gnolls moved in, I decided to move to Qeynos Harbor. As this was back in the days before we had gnomish packing crates, a friend kindly helped me with moving everything. It took several trips!

As you'll be able to tell, I'm not much of a ninterior decorator. The place hasn't been 'designed', it's just grown over the years. Originally, I was only going to stop here only a short while before moving to Kelethin (not the cat), but I get a case of the screaming heebiejeebies every time I think of moving everything again... instead, I've 'expanded' by adding portals to some of my other homes.

One of the features of my humble abode to which I'd like to draw your attention is the library area, where I've built up a collection of all the player-written books I've been able to find.

I should explain that I'm a bit partial to fish, you see, but not very good at housekeeping... I think there may be the remnants of a dinner or two that have grown legs and crawled off into a corner to die in peace. So I apologise for the smell...
    Mitten and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Niboota Well-Known Member

HAHA!! Fish indeed! Sounds like a good time! I'll get you added to my tour list and thank you for the invite! :)
    Seefar and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, since you already have fish about, don't be surprised if she adds spiders to everything instead... ;->

On the other hand, if they're still alive, they might help with the clean-up. ;->

Uwk
    who really, really, REALLY hates cockroaches in real life...ask me why! :-/
    Seefar likes this.
  20. Seefar Well-Known Member

OK, I'll bite: why do you really, really, REALLY hate cockroaches IRL?