New PvE and PvP Time-Locked Expansion Servers Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Lilaeth Member

I'd like to stay up all night, but I dunno if I'll be able to stay awake! :D Not sure whether to pick a class I've already played, or go for an all new experience!
  2. Perijn New Member

Shops are closed, will devour da wife's wine I think :p
    Lexxiii likes this.
  3. Darksheer New Member

Questions :

Are you going PvP or PvE?
    What class are you going to be on the new TLE server?
    What tradeskill will you take up on the new TLE server?
    What race are you going to be on the new TLE server?

PvE
    Warden
    Tailor
    Eurodite
  4. Almost Member

Race is pretty much irrelevant as far as stats, because gear will be the real factor. That extra 5 points of STA wont matter when your gear is giving you 10,000+ points. You might look at some of the racials though. Some have increased run speed, some track, some water breathing...

This is pretty upto date http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Racial_Traditions_(EQ2)
    Minathril likes this.
  5. Eridion Member

You guys think class balance/usefulness will be an issue with no aa?
  6. ErriondRivan New Member

PVE Erudite / Mystic / Sage ... It's been years, and I've never really enjoyed classes in other games as much as I've enjoyed those in EQ/EQ2.
    Darksheer likes this.
  7. Khuobol New Member

This will be my first time playing seriously, just dabbled here and there prior. So curious how popular the PVE server will be. I want to be on a packed, active server, but so far PVP seems to be getting the lions share of the commenting here and on other boards.

What are the live server players saying?

I am not opposed to PVP, was active on DAoC/Mordred for a long while, but not sure I have the time for that :)
  8. Cykonecro New Member

so that I understand.. beta is a testing ground so when the it goes live, will all lvls go back to 1st to include tradeskilling or is that all up in the air still?
  9. Eloscian New Member

I expect PVE will be busy. Personally I prefer PVE so that's where I'm going.
  10. Lexxiii Active Member

Don't devour too much, the hangover will be too deadly :p
  11. Khuobol New Member

How are the grouping mechanics with respect to the trinity? If I roll pure DPS, will I be sitting out a lot? How difficult is healing/tanking in this game? Just curious (passing the time with conversation)
  12. Beladan New Member

This is a total beta and not a 'soft launch.' Nothing will be kept for launch servers, including 'saving names' etc.. I've seen it from a couple of devs but don't have the quotes at hand, but don't plan on anything being saved once they decide to launch.
  13. Zeladaar New Member

14. Slipshod Active Member

I have over 20 character slots and just freed up 6 of them for this. Is that wrong?
    Jaden, Lilaeth and ringgirl_UFC like this.
  15. Boneheed New Member

Beta gives you a clean slate for toons - they don't count from your Live quota.
  16. Slipshod Active Member

Oh I know that - I mean I cleared up 6 lvl 95 toons for when the TLE goes live.
  17. Boneheed New Member

Well then I like your optimism - can't argue with a confident man!
  18. Slipshod Active Member

Well - I still have the other 14 (or was it 15?) in case this goes South - don't think it will though. I think 6 will let me cover the classes and trade skills I find most - fun....
  19. Almost Member

I like your style. I shall call you "Sir"...
  20. Lilaeth Member