PvP Time-Locked Server Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleshdecay, Jun 4, 2015.

1. line110 New Member

I keep hearing onyx onyx was certainly invest the best guild is good but in MMORPGs much time in a game at the time, and time can also effizents compensate. you could manage the time with less and to have lots of forget that it is very good EU was also good. PvP Onyx was only effizent because they got avatar gear and had been further progress when raid. I would point out that naghafen more constituents had by that I mean the EU guilds who also accomplished great and not only onyx. after so many years, I realize that many people just have not evolved from the head.
  2. Peak Nagafun

This thread got super serious.
  3. line110 New Member

sher g
    very witty
  4. OldTimer69 New Member

speaking of guilds submitting petitions. i certainly hope the devs allow any decisions that will affect the server to be decided by in game polling. i kind of remember a situation where some raid tank got dispatched while pulling an avatar and that guild complained and the devs decided in their favor. i wonder how that would have played out if the server was allowed to decide via polling.
  5. Pawder Active Member

Didn't a GM get fired for messing with players trying to attack Onyx while they were pulling an avatar?. It's been years ago and I can't remember much about it now.
  6. Creasote Well-Known Member

I almost liked this post up until I read about Overkill and Sora. Overkill was never relevant in anyway in pvp on Nagafen. They were a BG guild and shouldn't even be mentioned. Sora is an elite plug puller that's about it, he was never relevant on Nagafen either when there was actual pvp on the server.

But I do agree about your points about the Russians. They were banned several times and were also never relevant when there were decent pvp groups running around on the server. They got beat by the fisherman and pick up groups, there are videos, I will post if I can find them. There were at least two sets of Russian players though. You were guaranteed some really nice displays of hacking when fighting against Dajeru / Omnik / and whatever his/her wiz or furys name is.
  7. Faabio Active Member

They aren't stories...they are historical facts and that's something you'll realize when you get completely demolished on the new server....there's a reason you guys were "good" later into the history of Nagafen...because the actually skilled people didn't play anymore.

Fact~
  8. Pailll New Member

I cant wait till fames lost and screen shots posted
  9. OldTimer69 New Member

i rolled a necro on nagafen when the server launched. i spent time on this toon but was unsuccessful. i used to get killed over and over sometimes by the same ranger. i decided to roll something else as i was obviously not cut out to be a necro. i became a bruiser and also rolled a warden. i was pretty successful at those 2 and began to enjoy the game. the play was hard and there were times when i could not get anything done all day. but through determination i eventually got those quests done and those sorely needed gear upgrades. at that time, if you had full master crafted and upgraded spells, you were good to go. if you had a piece or two of fabled gear, you were uber. i held my own and grouped and solo'd and went about my business. there are probably hundreds of people who can relate to this story.

there will be plenty of people on the server who enjoy the game. some of them will need more help than others. there will be plenty of new friends to make and adversaries to kill. i hope the new pvp server is successful.

i have no idea what my point is. i'm jut feeling misty right now.
    ringgirl_UFC and Siren like this.
  10. Fetish Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Devs will realize, by looking through the wonderful history they have at their fingertips, that interfering in contested PvP will cause the downfal of the TL PvP server faster than anything except fast travel. People will /petition contested PvP because they can, not because they should. They will /petition it because they are frustrated in not being able to successfully pull contested mobs without people using PvP mechanics against them. If there are mchanics that are being abused...fix them. Do not, in any way, interfere with PvP happening by restricting it through "dev powers" or by suspending/banning people. The opportunity for contested PvP...for the chance to have your normal EQ2 game interrupted by another player is the heart of a red server and why people will play it. The people who want to down PvE content with no contest are on blue servers. The people who want to PvP with PvP being the "fairest" possible are in BGs. The people who want to play EQ2 with contested PvP will be on the only place where that can happen...a red server. If you take that away, you will lose many more people than the one guild of 24 who were /petioning that someone PvP'ed them while they pulled an avatar...
    ringgirl_UFC likes this.
  11. OldTimer69 New Member

exactly my point although i was unable to articulate it as well as you. i certainly think a dev should address this issue as it will happen again and i fully agree that if they stop this valid pvp, they will damage the validity of a pvp server.
  12. kafodoo Active Member

They need to re-instate the bell system and make it to where you have to go to certain bells to get to certain places. Also, decrease mount speed, or else this server will fall quickly.
  13. Trivursar Active Member

No quick travel ( or very limited) and 40-50% run speed tops.
  14. Sirvandal Active Member

I never lost anything against you. I even managed to outdps you and outheal you with my SK when the flurry exploit was active. You don't contribute to the good players, sorry, get over it and while you are at it, learn English or go to the Russian server.
  15. Xeos Well-Known Member

Damn right, I remember this one time when I wasn't taunt locked I killed someone, oh wait that was actually a mob in KP. My bad.

This the original Slant or my old pal who took it over?
    Slant likes this.
  16. Faabio Active Member

You guys couldn't even win the cold war you think you're gonna win the server against AMERICANS? Ha!
  17. Xeos Well-Known Member

Hahaha. PVP is going to be great.
  18. Slant Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware I am the only Slant. Atleast since 2008 when I rolled my troub. I did however lose the name in SF to a less than mutual account exchange... Since then I've been Slantx. I'm well over being upset about it, but if you know the guy with it now, tell him he's a dick.

P.S. I blame Zacii
  19. Xeos Well-Known Member

lol, okay gotcha. The way you were joking about the Sin I thought you were the other guy.
  20. Naroc Active Member

Implying this game was ever hard to begin with. New stats? Find the one + STA that benefits your class. New gear? It's pretty much all cookie cutter these days minus a few procs in classic. New mechanics? Easily explainable. The old players,who quit, will come back and adapt to the new changes. They will do exactly what they've done throughout the years. If anything, it will be interesting to see the newer players adapt to the old ways of some of their favorite classes. In a time where AA's and Prestige abilities don't turn every single class into a one shotting powerhouse like the current system is. In a time where we all won't have 100% crit, casting speed, reuse, recovery, blahblahblah.
    You have to understand, the era of KoS/EoF, that's where a lot of these older players were comfortable. They know the classes during that time of 50-100 AA's. The old travel system, no leapers, no flying mounts, no cheap dragon deathsaves, everything that is bringing this server back to a time when it dominated the population of this game.

They know this stuff. The older players, the good ones, will be just fine. Please return to your regularly scheduled Faabio.