Turn off auto follow for the new progression servers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Silverdragonx, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Silverdragonx Member

Otherwise, end game content will be beaten within the first week by an army of bots/boxers. I know 5 people including myself interested in coming back but turned off from the idea of how many boxers there are in the eq1 progression servers and how fast everything was beaten. Or compromise and create a single server that doesn't have follow command.
    Thalador and Siegesx like this.
  2. Toran Member

Turn off auto attack to while you are at it. That'll stop them pesky boxers...
    Wirewhisker and Alenna like this.
  3. Nuada Active Member

stupid idea,if my wife takes care of the children I have to pause,or must me log out.

lol toran...
    Naypoo likes this.
  4. Silverdragonx Member

why would you have to log out if your wife takes care of the children? really?
  5. Pantz Active Member

if you really want to do it before everyone else then a group of all humans would get it done faster than a group of bots. if you're not interested in getting it done first then someone other group is going to beat you anyway, bots or non bots
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

He's saying when she goes to take care of the kids she hits auto-follow. Without that he'd just have to circle around her defending.
    Finora and Nuada like this.
  7. Nuada Active Member

exactly :)
  8. Silverdragonx Member

wow then it must suck playing any mmorpg that don't let you move or perform actions while afk
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

/popcorn
    Seefar likes this.
  10. Until We Felt Red Member

No. Please don't turn this into the Ragefire forums. No suggestions of removing core game features and inconveniencing the vast majority of players for something you think will stop boxers (It won't.)
    Pixistik, Naroc, Wirewhisker and 3 others like this.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that is true since a program should always react properly to the scripts, etc.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Going to say what always seems to be required in these sorts of threads. Boxers are not the same as botters. Boxers actually push buttons, botters use programs. Actual players on auto follow just soak XP and run off cliffs.
    Seefar, Trivursar, Wintir and 3 others like this.
  13. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

As long as you include in botters those who hit one key on one keyboard that causes something to happen on 6 screens.

If you can flip from EQ2 instance to instance with 1 mouse and keyboard and keep up with the scripts, you deserve to win.
    Finora likes this.
  14. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Personally I have never installed a bot program to know how they work at all. How do you know that's how they work?
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

and again another suggestion that will punish the majority just because a minority chooses to mess with the game
    Please don't listen to this suggestion.
  16. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I don't have any idea how they work. I thought I saw somewhere someone mention there was a way to run different screens with 1 keyboard.

The only one I have heard mentioned on the forums works completely on the log somehow and is 'scripted'.

Although since it seems they never get banned, it certainly makes you wonder why we shouldn't all try it.. At least then I wouldn't get 'you don't have enough hit points' or 'your gear isn't good enough', or 'that stat isn't high enough for our group sorry'.

I have tried to box with three PCs and 4 accounts, flipping around but it is impossible for me to keep up with the scripts. I can't even get the Advanced solo done. I got the first mob (not named) down in one heroic with 4 chars and 2 mercs but it took forever and multiple tries. So I no longer attempt to box.
  17. MaxSilver Member

For those of us who occasionally like to extract themselves from a chair to take a bathroom break while your companions are headed for a goal, please don't mess with this. Actually, bots are allot of fun to kill when you run into them. :)
  18. MaxSilver Member

Keep in mind, it won't be anything like it is now. Remember that we will have slow mounts, and distances are pretty far hoofing it. Think of how far fallen gate is from the city gates, even if you take a gryphon. You are never going to stop the exploiters and bots no matter what you do with the low numbers of programmers they have.. If they become a problem, they could simply put bounties out awarding faction for killing bots, and save the dev cycles IMHO.
    Naypoo likes this.
  19. Thayr New Member

Boxing isn't as much of a problem in EQ2. Yes, it can be done and yes some people do it - but it is nothing at all like EQ1. Combat in EQ1 is trivial, you hardly have to press any buttons - that and the hardware required to run multiple clients is minimal.

EQ2 is really different. Only good players with a lot of focus can box groups in EQ2. The multi-tasking required to box high level characters in EQ2 is just too much and would become tiresome quickly.
  20. Naypoo Member

I agree, we played long hours and that Bio Break was some what important LOL. I don't mind auto follow, it was far from perfect but it did allow for certain necessities :rolleyes: