[BUG]tool tips not showing stats

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Finora, May 28, 2015.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

Since the update, items in my inventory that have green and blue stats no longer show their stats in the tooltip when you hover your mouse over the item.

For example, the Beastly Chestplate of Intimidation my character had in her inventory just says Legendary Attuned Heirloom chain armor mitigation 117 level 20 beastlord in the tool tip. Even when I hold alt to compare it with the chest piece I am actually wearing it doesn't show stats.

However, if I actually click examine on the item to open up the examine window the stats show up. After opening the examine window the stats show just fine when I mouse over. But not until I actually examine the item did I see the +14 agi +14 sta +4 weaponskills and the 5.5 damage per second.

This is also affecting item links in chat. I turned in a collection and received and item with stats and those stats did not show until I actually examined it. I had someone else link an item to me in chat and I can't see stats on that one at all since it isn't in my actual inventory for me to examine.

*** It's even worse than I originally thought. You can't see stats on the items on the NPC merchants either.

For example I was clearing out my inventory after having run through Nektropos and went to sell a treasured agate ring. I thought that it was one of the ones that was supposed to have stats but it did not in the tool tip from the merchant window. I examined it from the merchant window and it STILL didn't show stats. It wasn't until I went into my inventory and examined it that the stats showed up.

It is also affecting items on the broker as well. It's really bad on the broker because you can't see the stats at all on any gear. Even when you examine it from the broker window you get a pop up with no stats.

It is only equipable items like armor, weapons and jewelry. Adornments and such seem to show properly still.

Even after you have examined an item and forced the stats to show up, if you log or even zone it reverts to showing as no stats in the tool tips.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ack! Okay, then please ignore my rant on cloaks elsewhere on the forum here; I should've read this one first, since I just figured they'd yanked away all the functionality of cloaks we got as quest rewards. It was beginning to piss me off, especially when I started noticing it was true for many other things...then it finally dawned on me to look back at this one, which I'd caught in passing. I didn't realize how widespread it is! MASSIVE bug! :(

Do you know if it's only on Test, or is it throughout the servers? :-/

EDIT: one thing I have discovered, in the course of Examining each and every single item, just in case, is that if you leave the Examine window open "too long," the green and blue stats fade or blink away again. Doesn't have any effect on hovering over the item again; that's still coming up again now once you've established that "contact." Still a major PitA, though. :(

Uwk
  3. Aeriel Active Member

Ah also disregard my reply to your rant Uwk! It is only on Test atm

Aeriel
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hope it stays there long enough to get squashed permanently! And your input was helpful, imho, and I'll submit a /bug when I get back in game. :)

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another thing on Test: if you hover the cursor over the item while you're in the Examine window, the tool tips disappear again instantly. :-/

EDIT: sometimes. X-P

Uwk
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if it isn't affecting the price on the Broker, too; usually, if I were to sell an Ash Buckler there, even though it's only level 20, it would have more value than 1cp, but since it doesn't have any stats other than physical mitigation, apparently, maybe the game isn't registering that it should be worth more than that. :-/

Uwk
  7. Strings Well-Known Member

I've had the tool tip bug also on Test. When I "examine" the item then the stats show on both the examine window and then the tooltips. I didn't try looking at it for a long time to see if it would fade because I didn't think of that. One thing is when I hovered over an item I've examined before (cloak of the harvester) it did have the stats showing, but items I've never examined (random loot) did not. I put all this info into my /bug report.
  8. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

It affects items in the quest reward window also. And the armor merchants. Except you can't examine those items and 'force' the stats to show. Makes it very difficult to play such a gear/stat-centric game. Which cloak should I pick out of the four presented in the quest reward window?
  9. Bunji Developer

We have a fix coming for the tool-tip issues next update.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Good to hear!
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! :)

Uwk
  12. Kelvani Well-Known Member

Oh good its not me then.. made some test toon's and thought it was a setting I was somehow missing! Yes this is one "feature" I can't wait to see squashed =p
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

From Bunji:

Woot! Gonna check it out! :D

Uwk