Summoner Pet AI and Appearance UI Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 18, 2015.

1. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

I don't know... I have a 100 Conjy and a 100 Necro, and I have to say coming from the older EQ games I was extremely disappointed at the size of the Summoner pets in EQ2. Especially the higher level pets, considering the first pets you get are super small. I was expecting the later level pets to get much bigger, but they don't.

I don't think they should be giant like the Plane Shifted Earthen Avatar. That would be way overkill and I could totally see pets becoming annoying to other players in that case. But all of the higher level pets should at least be the size of the Conjy's Earthen Avatar IX (Master).

And the scout pets are just boring in general for both the Conjy and the Necro. The Mage pets on both ends are much more interesting. The Necro Tank Pets are also kinda lame. Every single one is just a variation of a skeleton with armor, except for one which is a gargoyle. At least the Conjy Tank pets have more variety. Even with the new Pet Appearance feature, the selection is so limited for the Necro pets that I don't even bother to change them except for the Mage Pet.
  2. sycla Active Member

The dev's are trying to do something to improve the lot of summoners. But it feels like the kid trying to plug a leak from a dam with his finger.
    What all summoners would like to see are changes to E.Tox(either reduced reset time or more damage)
    or/and some sort of group/raid buff to replace E.tox
    I see that that the serious summoners not posting here anymore ..guess everyone has given up hope and now we have ppl asking for cosmetic changes. Ragefire is looking good now
  3. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

Cosmetic changes that were supposed to come with the latest expansion when we got higher level pets... At least they are fixing something. Honestly I wasn't even sure if they were going to ever add a new appearance for the last tank pets. Who wants two pets to look exactly the same? I know I sure as hell don't. But they fixed it.

And that's a good thing. Not bad. But you can't please everyone I guess. I'm just glad they fixed something that was a glaring flaw with the latest expansion. It made the expansion feel like they just stopped working on it before it was finished because of the new acquisition plans. This was a hole they indeed needed to plug. Doesn't that make me a a less serious Summoner? I don't think so.
  4. Tren Member

I can't believe people still waste time crying about useless stuff like the size of their pet...

Big pets are a huge issue. If you don't think so, then you should have played World of Warcraft when they gave Warlocks the perm-Doomguard. Yea, real fun.

You get your RP kicks off, while people are dropping groups or kicking you because your pet keeps filling up half their screen when you're fighting MOBs in confined places.