Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

I agree. As much as I love my duck mount, my wood elf Ranger is a little too big for him. My legs just dangle over the side and I basically just consume the duck, but not through my mouth via a kitchen, which is the usual practice.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

You can do that. Use wings and turn off mount in options.

You see them when you go in the air but that's it.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I was typing up a reply here but it was getting long and dull, needless to say its a real pain getting the scale right on all the characters. As you make the mount bigger and bigger the clipping on the legs gets worse and worse. I try to find a middle ground for the mounts.
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  4. Boli Active Member

Scaling is always going to be an issue using the same wireframe *unless* there are mounts more suitable to ... larger races (I'm trying very hard not to say fat **** too much here :p)

e.g.
    Stallion - A horse designed for speed with spindly legs
    Draft - A horse designed to carry *ahem* heavier loads*
    Pony - for all your gnomish needs

seriously though if you want a laugh have a look at what barbarians do *not* look silly on :p
    Kittybock likes this.
  5. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Storm Wind Komodo looks like a good place to start for a shark mount...
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

Really? I didn't know that. Why would you still see them if the view mount option is off... go figure :rolleyes:.

Thank you, I will test this soon.
    ;)
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Actually that looks pretty cool. Too bad it's on the list. That's permanent marker.
    Snikkety, Nathdar, Kryvak and 3 others like this.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Scissors beat paper.

As fire fire. But I don't endorse fire. (Unless it's a fire breathing duck)
    Katanallama likes this.
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Toons & mounts are like wine, you need the proper pairings!

I love my duck, but not a good look for my tank...however, it really works for my Beastlord. It's as if she'd crossed paths with this huge waterfowl and tamed him.
    FriggaWitch and Feara like this.
  10. Feara Well-Known Member

This is really not what I was looking for. I have never turned the option on to hide mount before and your right it works but the option affects all your toons. I would like to see this on an individual basis so one does not have to constantly go into the options to reset. My toons are all geared and mounted differently and how I play them also. I think this would be a nice user option if it was possible under the character/options/graphics.
    Merriel and Mermut like this.
  11. Shiba Active Member

My votes: panther / leopard / ocelot ... maybe tiger. Ooh, and elephant! Winged mounts: jet pack, flying monkey, simurgh Quilin (although there doesn't seem to be much of a standard for what one looks like), phoenix, maybe an elephant that flies with his ears :). Leaper: pogo stick, kui.

Or you could get inspiration from the freaks this taxidermist made up http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ybrid-taxidermy-land-Franken-artist-jail.html
    Moonpanther likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm wary of new feline mounts. All of the big cat models in the game look to me like they've got broken backs when you watch them move (mounts and non-mounts).
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yeah that first cat mount was the very first Chris and I did and we were anchored by trying to match it to older mounts.
    It's not one of our bests.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

The flyin' lion is a nice one though. He also protects all the misfit toys.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

While I had my issues with that SF era cat mount, I really am looking forward to seeing other cat mounts in the future. I love some of the ones I've seen in other games.

I would suggest looking back at the art for the mounts in Vanguard. I know the game is gone now (/pout ) but there was a huge variety of mounts and many of them were really cool looking. The unicorn mount was danged neat looking and there were such things as wurm mounts, scorpions, beetles, camels, wolves and big cat mounts. Pretty much any of the looks you wanted to snag from there would fit fairly well in the EQ2 world as a bonus.
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I don't think we will be looking to Vanguard for art inspiration.
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

I wasn't referring exactly to the art but the variety of mounts. That was something the game excelled at (even if the animations of said mounts was pretty awful for the most part.

But ...polar bear. I would buy three of those so fast if they happened to show up by Frostfell so fast you'd be dizzy. *nod* I'd buy a grizzly bear mount today if it was available.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I just tool a look at this griffin model. He'd take a lot of rework to bring in line with newer mounts. He can't even blink.
  19. Katanallama Well-Known Member

^ What it sounds like to me :3
    Katz likes this.
  20. Feara Well-Known Member

To bad because I love him. I love the griffin mounts, I have all the tradeskill versions. I do dislike how when you are mounted and you turn, your toon drops their arms to the side and they fall back like they have no control and also just resting in the saddle they look hunched over.