Age of Ultron - Warning: SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Prayos, May 4, 2015.

1. Prayos Well-Known Member

This thread is going to get spoilery. So if you're not a giant nerd who say Age of Ultron opening weekend, then you should back away now. That being said...

I've got three scenes that to me, were just hilarious:

A.) When they are on the boat, and ultron pulls the line "I'm glad you asked. I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan." That whole scene there, especially when Thor throws the hammer, and Quicksilver is all "Oooh, look, a hammer!" was great.

2.) Vision's line: "It's true. He hates you the most."

D.) The look on EVERYONE'S face when Vision hands Thor Mjolnir.

What were your favorite moments of the movie? I thought the whole thing came together really well. I'm anxious to see the footage that got cut. I need this on blu-ray, like, yesterday.
    Thalador likes this.
  2. Nocturnus Member

The entire movie was a blast to me. Not a great standalone film, but i'm so invested in the MCU that I loved every second of it.
    Prayos likes this.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It was great. I started collecting The Avengers in 1976 when I was in sixth grade and I finished 1-300 something about 15 years ago, so Avengers have always been my comic. To be nitpicky, I thought Ultron moved to humany and graceful and the weird metal lips were a little over the top for me but I still enjoyed it a lot.
  4. Prayos Well-Known Member

I thought the humany side of him was great. I really felt like he was a rebellious, smart *** teenager. And yes, the lips I felt were a little too TMNT for me.
  5. nergalisafreeportscrub Member

STOP!! NO SPOILERS!! and on a totally different subject anyway I can get one of my toons promoted to leader on my guild on Freeport..cause..... I removed the leader without promoting another toon to leader so now im screwed!
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

If I didn't want spoilers for the Avengers, I probably wouldn't click a thread that says Avengers :Warning Spoilers in it.
    Lateana, Griff, Wurm and 1 other person like this.
  7. Skitterfast Well-Known Member

8. Prayos Well-Known Member

Mezaka likes this.
  9. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I've never been able to wrap my head around what standards there are for "canon" material.

Anyway, it was a pretty entertaining movie all around. Stark punching the Hulk repeatedly in the face with the Hulkbuster while saying "Go to sleep" was good for a chuckle. Thor's reaction when Steve Roger's budges Mjolnir was another good one.

Beta Ray Bill is my favourite of those that could pick up Mjolinir.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  10. Uncle Active Member

I figured ttobey to be more of a howard the duck guy myself
    Sssillith and Prayos like this.
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

My favorite run was around John Buscema's in the late 60s. They were sooooo good, and then the Kree Skrull Wars starting in issue 93. John Byrne did a few really good issues later too.
  12. Delishus Active Member

I was collecting Mad Magazine in 1976 when I was in 6th grade, you old fart ;) It's good to see another old coder(?) keeping it fresh, with all due respect of course.

Year of the Dragon too?
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Year of the Dragon :)
    Delishus likes this.
  14. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Heh,I love all the Marvel stuff. It is a toss up between Thor(s) and the Iron Mans for me. Have not seen this Ultron yet, but I totally qualify on the nerd-quotient: I just corrected two guys in guild who thought that Rocket Raccoon was a fox!?!?
    Rocket: "What's a Raccoon??"
    Peter: "You are, Stupid".
    Rocket: "Ain't no thing like me, except me!"

There should be random questions when you sign up for EQ2 to make sure you meet Nerd Quotient, such as:
    Who is Inigo Montoya?
    Who owns Stark Industries?
    How many days before Gandalf returned at Helms Deep?
    Why did John, Rigel and Aeryn Sun switch bodies?
    Do you ride a Duck Mount?

I mean, we need standards...just saying :D

Kitty
  15. Mezaka Active Member

Like probably some others, I too, have collected many comics over the years. The Avengers, Thor, X-Men, X-Force in a lot of its incarnations, just to name a few. The only series I still currently collect now, however, is Elfquest, but that's a story for another time.

Both of these were my favorites of the movies.

As far as canon, anymore, one has to be willing to suspend their disbelief for when these movies come out. (For example, Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch weren't orphans, but rather, the children of Magneto) But, again, I'm willing to see the interpretations that Joss Whedon does of storylines, and have enjoyed most of what he has done so far.

What I continually am amused by, is how much I have to explain to my husband at the end of each movie, with the little teaser bits they throw in. He enjoys the movies for what they are - good old fashion action/adventure movies. Sadly, he's more of the DC background of comics, and I'm more Marvel, but we still periodically read each other's comic stashes from time to time. :D

Just my 2 Cu.

--Mez
  16. Prayos Well-Known Member

I took my brother and nephew to see it. They saw Thanos, and was all "wasn't he red, like Hellboy?" I did a serious facepalm. I'm like no, he is now and always has been purple. But, they were adamant about it. So we watched the first Avengers, and there at the end, Thanos is purple. Both of them looked at each other, then go "I told you he was purple." Kids these days.
  17. Prayos Well-Known Member

Speaking of, how many Infinity Gauntlets exist in the comics? Apparently, Feige says there's two in the MCU (the one in Odin's vault and the one Thanos grabbed). Thanos's one is left handed, while the one in the vault is right handed. The theory is that a hero will use the other Gauntlet to fight Thanos, but what good will it do him/her without the stones?
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

They could just say everything on Asgard is mirrored. The End!
  19. Katanallama Well-Known Member

They definitely used a ton of Spader's mannerisms for Ultron's acting. As just a stand-alone thing yea it's absurdity up there with Transformers, but I really liked how you could see Spader through Ultron.

Asgard exists in another dimension which is actually inverted, not mirrored - that would just be absurd. They hint at this with Thor holding the hammer with his left hand instead of his right when in Asgard, while he's right handed everywhere else. Clever little detail.
  20. Boli Active Member

I'll need to re-watch it when it comes out of blu ray but the best moment by far was Thor's expression when Captain America grasped Mjolnir; and his relief when he doesn't lift it (although tbh I think he doesn't try)

For those unsure Cap is one of the few who have not only picked up, but wielded Mjolnir and been deemed worthy. Unlike Vison who is part of the Avengers Thor takes orders from Cap - so you can understand his facial expressions then :p