Divine guidance

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by knine, Apr 15, 2015.

1. knine Well-Known Member

Not deflecting.. you said 729 in 10 secs.. that was a 3:42 fight, in which equilibrium procced 153 times on a 1: 30 recast.. just pointing out the obvious. Any and all abilities are abused. I too play a cleric as an alt and my mystic as a main. Simple changing something to say it will fix lag is false. Fixing it because maybe it was way overpowered, then sure, but say that. Don't play politics, MOST, (not all) people can read between the lines.
    Thor likes this.
  2. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Umm.. not necessarily, it's called the tank pulling half the zone at once

I'm still not convinced this is the reason. I have had no added lag due to the cleric in my group casting DG and we certainly haven't crashed zones because of it. If we did, we would never get through zones as they are constantly using DG
    Thor likes this.
  3. Ebofu Active Member

If you actually read what I wrote, I was pointing out lag wasn't the reason, at least not the only one. My assumption is the developer responsible saw an opportunity to sneak this change through amidst the barrage of lag fixes rather than come outright and address their real concerns about DG. Not to say it doesn't contribute to server stress.

Everyone seems to treat lag in isolation. They forget that everything is multiplied by the hundreds/thousands of people playing at any one time, in any one zone.
  4. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Yeah, your right.. sorry lol what happens when you read things early in the morning hehe :D

Although, I still don't see an need to change it, for any reason.. but that's just my two cents
  5. Thor New Member

Raided last night.
    Even with the uber nerfed DG proccing at 1x every 0,5 sec per player, the raid zone was still lagging as F***.

You solved the problem all right, good job.
    Err I mean, you solved jack ****, good job.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  6. knine Well-Known Member

It's not live yet Thor. Supposed to be in update tomorrow with release of rum cellar
  7. Caith Developer

I call that a tank fail condition.
    Mermut likes this.
  8. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

How so? If the tank has the gear to take the hits and heals to sustain them, why can't they pull half the zone?
  9. Xakanis Active Member

It is no surprise a chain healer is in support of any nerf to healers. After all they were given God status this xpac. How many Clerics do you run in raids, versus the number of chain healers you run? Hmmm.......
  10. Xakanis Active Member

Because everything is supposed to be slow, and tedious. This is supposed to be your way of life, not a game. :)
  11. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Ebofu has always played a chain healer, even during the shittiest of times especially in PVP. Point invalid.
  12. knine Well-Known Member

I too have played a chain healer since day one, but I also play a Templar and started the thread. Is DG overpowered, sure, but there are many abilities for many classes that are. I just want them to come out and say they are nerfing the spell due to that reason, not the "reason" of it will fix lag. I can't speak for ebofu, but I never discredited the fact that DG should be tweaked. I simply said there was nothing wrong with the way it was working and the huge lag spikes weren't caused by it. I would just like them to simply state that they finally have decided to nerf it due to unlimited amount of reactives going off, caused by pulsing damage, and they feel that it needed tweaked. Will they do it, nope... Shaman's weren't given God status this expac, they simply were finally given what had been given to clerics and druids the entire time.. factor in the CB :)
  13. Xakanis Active Member

My family has played them all since Beta, my wife playing both a Mystic, and Defiler even during PvP as well. The amount of time he has played a chain healer doesn't change the fact he comes across as bias during a time the class is shining. There has never been a time that I can recall a raid ran ( 4 ) clerics over say a Warden, and during this xpac a chain healer. They've always been lackluster in regards to raids. In PvP no other healer could touch the power of a Warden, and most recently a Warden and Mystic together.

Nice try, but you can't deflect from the truth. If they're going to nerf some of the classes that are not as popular to play, they need to add something to the class to make them more popular. I couldn't believe how much easier this xpac was to heal as a Defiler, over a Templar in both Heroic, and in raids.
  14. Ebofu Active Member

Stop crying nerf, it just demonstrates your lack of game knowledge and common sense.

Does it matter what I played, or am playing. No. I probably know more about each class than anybody, and there will not be a scenario where this change negatively impacts upon the desirability, or capability, of clerics. The only argument is whether they should have said this was purely lag driven or not, that argument is obviously flawed. The change itself is justified. Thread is going nowhere.
    Laiina likes this.
  15. Xakanis Active Member

I seriously doubt that. You've once said gear doesn't matter in regards to a classes performance in open chat.

I don't have an issue putting a proc cap on Divine Guidance, so long as they increase its; "per hit" healing power. The ability by itself was not overpowered in the least bit, unless you're trying to convince everyone Advanced Solo, and Heroic content is end content. It's no where near as powerful in a raid setting, and you know it. Ward are far, far more powerful. So this isn't an issue of something being overpowered either.

The fact that they had to use an excuse like lag to make the change speaks volumes.

When something is overpowered or ideal you want it in every group. Especially in a raid setting. What class is in every group in raids? There is no way in hell Divine Guidance matches up to the power of wards right now, and you know it. So don't play this; "I know more than you, hear me roar" nonsense. I was appalled to see how easy it was to heal on a Defiler after I quit my Templar. The developers had no reason to touch Divine Guidance without giving Clerics something in return.
  16. knine Well-Known Member

actually xakanis TSO usually ran inquisitor heavy in TSO, just to jog your memory, though it wasn't for DG..
  17. Xakanis Active Member

I don't ever recall carrying more than two Clerics. Other healers heal better, cure better........... Why did you run Inquisitors?
  18. Exarthious Member

so you are saying pulling half the zone is a fail tank condition does not matter the tank no tanks needs a healer if geared right to pull half the zone even when i was a guard i could go in to a zone without healers and be fine this change is a stupid one clerics are already worse healers out right now. This whole thing about lag is stupid if you are saying lets say DG BF Bloodrage so on is laging the server then things like procs from gear is not ? hmmm i wonder i think maybe gear is causeing lag lets just nurf everything that has a proc on it
  19. Malleria Well-Known Member

Maybe if we didn't have to wade through mountains of pointless trash in every zone. Just sayin'.
    Taysa likes this.
  20. knine Well-Known Member

lol only healer to cure better than an inquisitor is a well played fury... and cures were separated back in TSO where each healer had certain cure, except for inquisitor with their myth cure.