Introducing DaybreakGames.com

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Bashem Well-Known Member

Love the new logo.......
    [IMG]
  2. Katmandu26 Active Member

Totally loving it and hyped about the changes and upcoming freebies! **eyes dry out watching the social networks**
  3. Furrow New Member

Nice logo !
    TYVM for the bounus xp !
  4. Harborx Member

What do I see when eyeing the new logo?
    Anger! Grrr!
    Gears are turning indeed. I don't like the new logo. Its the sound equivalent of a car salesman on the radio, in that fast, angsty voice trying to convince me I need a new car. Haha.
    However, it has an attractive color scheme. I am also not going to purchase the next "DLC" for a raid zone and a new mount. I can simply play a new character and have all of Norrath for the same cost of a single DLC at 14.99. That being said, the angry cogeye is fitting.

Voice of reason.....
  5. Pariel Active Member

New logo - great
    Hideous looking zombie thing on first page - not so great.
    Xirena and Losadunai like this.
  6. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Okay, you made me look! I had to check out the Zombie. Nice, I may have to rename all my mercs Daryl Dixon, after seeing that pic ;)
  7. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Like the Logo, an eagle eye with the sun breaking out for the pupil, and a gear for the iris.

It's kinda funny I signed up at the new site, but when I went to forums, it came back to this one.

What time is the Daybreak 101 Show on Wednesday?
  8. Elinea Well-Known Member

My 4 year old bounced into the room as I was looking at my email and he saw the logo, said "cool" and bounced out. Time will tell if it scared him enough for nightmares, but somehow I doubt it. And he doesn't even look like a vampire.
  9. Abasinolanam Active Member

Holy #$*! a website that looks like it was designed this side of the year 2000. It's about damn time! Well done!
  10. Pantz Active Member

got an e-mail from daybreak with the topic "WTF is Happening at Daybreak?"
    im not a daybreak hater or anything i don't care either way but that seems a bit unporfessional... maybe im getting too old, almost 32 now
    Merriel and Finora like this.
  11. Kurisutaru Active Member

Makes me think of that look some players get when they're immerse in a game, whichever that might be. Specially, when that little thing called sleep has skipped your thoughts to find ones' self at the end of all night-er (come on, many of us have, at some point.. :p). We keep telling ourselves: "Just.. one.. more.." :D, while we push through trying to achieve whatever it is we have set our sights on. I love it.. I think the logo is very fitting for the company. And congratulations on the launch of the new website, already bookmarked! :)
    HaphazardAllure and Naramsin like this.
  12. Bashem Well-Known Member

Look like their catering to the H1Z1 crowd now
    Losadunai and Moonpanther like this.
  13. Kurisutaru Active Member

LOL! A-ha! I see I'm not the only one who thought so! I'm glad.. :D
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  14. Losadunai Active Member

Or at the very least, the young gamer- given that DCUO is HUGE for them player base and income wise, and the average player there is much younger than here. I'm guessing H1Z1 is the same.

Hey, they can have their moment of trying to be hip and edgy. Let's see if it works for them. I somehow doubt it will result in drawing new players to OUR game, but if those Other games can float the boat, then maybe they won't toss us out to sea. :)
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

Moonpanther, NrthnStar5 and Losadunai like this.
  16. Losadunai Active Member

Hrmm... Maybe you could LIST that other EQ2 stream on that page or somewhere that people can actually see it? Because it does come off like we don't exist, when reading that. Just sayin'.
  17. Losadunai Active Member

From that link "

Oh. My. Gosh. We aren't what people want. We aren't a priority for sure. Jiminy crickets, I hate to be alarmist - but what the literal - expletive deleted -????

Honestly, this makes me think that they want to phase us out - they don't believe in this game anymore. They are asking us to trust them and invest more money in their DLC plans and then they are saying that our gaming model isn't what people want and isn't what they want to do anymore. (Based on that entire article, not just the snip from Smedley I posted here.)

I was excited when I came to this thread - even if put off by the logo. Now I am just - shaking my head.
  18. Kayan New Member

What I'll never understand is why he didn't go down with the ship. You would think that the person at the helm of an organization that had to be bought out would have been the first to go. /shrug oh well. Never trusted him. Never will.

Nice logo tho!
    HaphazardAllure, Bekkr and Spindle like this.
  19. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Yeah, that they are homing in on the crowd that wants a 45 minute experience isn't making me feel secure with EQ2.

I know there must be people out there that want a long term experience verses a less-than-one-hour experience of Farmville games. It makes me look at the Rum campaign with different eyes; as one poster claimed it was a 45 minute run thru.

The big push seems to be with console games and leaving the MMO in the dust. This makes me sad.
  20. Spindle Well-Known Member

The zombie is disgusting. Seriously disgusting. Repulsively disgusting. However, it is what Smedley wants so it is what everyone else gets.
    There are other games in the Daybreak stable that do not deserve to be associated with the completely disgusting photo of a zombie.
    The university students who run the zombie events on campus here have more taste and class than that incredibly disgusting image presents to gamers.
    I pay for Daybreak Games and the wicked owlbear graphic not Cesspool Games and the whoever wannabe photo.
    Did I mention disgusting?
    Lilaeth likes this.