show off your creative created item ideas 2!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Tenchigirl15, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, kind of, but come to think of it, the wheels would probably be more in-line with the ladder, so it could roll close to the shelves? I'll try to find a picture of what I was thinking of...

(let's see if this comes through...ah)
    [IMG]

Most of the ones I've seen in pictures look like they have smaller wheels to them than we could get here, more's the pity, but they all seem to line up parallel with the shelves.

At any rate, don't sweat it! You've got healing to do! :-/

Uwk
  2. suka Well-Known Member

hard to do this with one hand so forgive the fact that it isn't straight.

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Beautiful! :D

Now put down the mouse...walk away...go heal! ;->

Uwk
    suka likes this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

lol - hard to do - it is so boring not being able to play. i find myself reading everything on the forum. the wheel on the right is a chair from sundered frontier
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Cool! :D

And yeah, I know how you feel; when my old system's motherboard got fried by its power supply because of all the lousy brown-outs down in our neck of the woods, I was going through massive withdrawals while the computer was in the shop. :-/

Uwk
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Here is a bug zapper that I put in my alt's night of the dead house (his name is bugz zapper, arasai necro) to be funny.

[IMG]
  7. suka Well-Known Member

really nice- so now tell us how you made it
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

8 Floor Mounted Lightning Rods (turned on their side, place 2 on each side of the zapper)
    8 Large Floor Grating (flipped up and have 2 overlapping on each side having the bigger slot part to outside)
    2 frost-rimed brazier (top one flipped upside down)
    1 Draconic Pedestal, Version 2
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oooh! So the braziers themselves are providing the "basin" and "roof" of the zapper? Sweet! :D

Uwk
    Glenorian and Ocarinah like this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

thank you- kk - i copied that to notepad and put it in my file of inspiration - where i keep all kinds of things to inspire me when i am working.
  11. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

here's a preview of one of my latest works in my husband's acorn house in the Freeport server. I started this house around August working on and off and I finally got a chance to finish the stair case. whacha think? :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

It's absolutely gorgeous, Tenchigirl! Thank you for sharing with us. I have had an acorn house for a number of years now but never have bothered to decorate it, as I just haven't figured out what to do with it yet, lol.

Ocarinah,, that bug zapper is fabulous! Such a creative idea. :)

This is a spiral staircase I built in our New Halas guild hall a number of years ago before my two year hiatus. It no longer exists, however, since I have since moved the guild to Gorowyn. There were two things I hated pulling down...this staircase and a platform I had built with a fountain in the center. I did save the layout, however, in case I should ever decide to go back to the New Halas guild hall. :D

[IMG]
  13. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

thanks! :) acorn houses are hard to decorate but I'm slowly making a progress because it get's frustrating with the angled walls. :p

that is one cool staircase here, you did a great job! :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thank you, Tenchigirl. It was so long ago, yet I still remember building it. That was before we had the layout editor and a lot of the decorating controls we have now. I remember pulling it apart and redoing the staircase three or four times before it turned out the way I wanted it to, lol. The staircase was in the guild hall's main entrance, and I was building a loft above, but those last few chests kept not wanting to lay properly. They would end up with gaps in weird places and such, and I ended up remedying the problem by starting from the top and working my way down that last time, instead of working my way up from the bottom to the top. I can't say why it made a difference, but it really did. I spent hours upon hours trying to build that staircase, hehe. I was so glad when it was done. :D
  15. Ealdian Well-Known Member

This is FANTASTIC! Great work!
  16. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thanks! I really like the staircase you made with the paintings. Looks very cool, wish I could have seen it in person.

Tenchigirl15 that door you made is awesome. Like how you placed the vines too. The ramps in that house are so hard to hide.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Why hide them? The ramps work as ramps; the main thing I have a problem with is hanging anything "from" them. :-/ Hopefully, the addition of stairs might help that. :)

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Because my friend didn't like them...he asked me to cover them for him including the root/vine thing coming off the ramps as well.
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gotcha..."the customer is (almost) always right." ;->

(almost = "No, sir, you cannot get a ham on rye instead of on sourdough here. This is a clothing store." ;->)

Uwk
    Ocarinah and Merriel like this.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Rofl, too funny, Uwk.
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.