Join Us for the Rum Cellar Campaign this April!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Apr 1, 2015.

1. DTSGOD Member

EQ2" We're going to charge you more for less, it's true, but we'll give you less support and forums though. It all balances out."
    Me "Wait. What? No it doesn't"
    EQ2 " You don't understand we're going to charge you for what was free with your subscription and xpac before, get it?"
    Me " No. I'm going to quit."
    EQ2 " No you won't. You're an addict."
    Ajjantis, Malleria, Qeshar and 3 others like this.
  2. Bashem Well-Known Member

When I splurged buying my first CE with the AoM one and I got a year sub so intending to be good with this game for a year after shelling out around 200- and now there trying to get me to pay more money to have all the content. I already bought the merc and reforging and the other do dads needed to play the game with getting. You cannot do ******** because you did not pay us to be able to do whatever it is that we charge for.

Now 6 months later Daybreak wants me to pay for more content which was fitting posting on the announcement on
    April Fools Day as you must think we are all fools.

I too am pretty close to not playing the game anymore with all the added pay for content and shrinking population a population that got tired of the costs associated with play EQ2.

The game needs to add/do some great things to keep people here not letting the bean counters ruin the game by charging money for any more things like DLC.

Can I get a partial refund on my year sub and CE?
    Qeshar likes this.
  3. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Before, we paid for one big expansion a year and got free updates until the next one. Now we will pay for one big campaign a year and pay for the previously free updates (now called smaller campaigns and bonus content) until the next one. This is just a shift in marketing strategy to make more money from the same amount of content released, nothing else is changing. Whether it works or not will depend on how much they try to nickle-and-dime us for everything.

This is Business 101. What we say here has absolutely no bearing on what they are going to do, they will make their decisions based on revenue, plain and simple.
  4. Bashem Well-Known Member

So you work for and are speaking for Daybreak to state how things will be done in the future?
    In other words whats is your proof of how game will be going forward with campaigns and smaller updates
  5. Gharyn Well-Known Member

From what they have said in various posts and especially the twitch feed. And to anyone who knows anything about business, it's an obvious strategy.

If it makes you feel better, I will add, in my opinion. Not going to discuss it further, it's not worth arguing about.
    suka likes this.
  6. Bashem Well-Known Member

I dont want to argue either I make my posts to get the facts not the fiction when I ask a question or quote a comment!
  7. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Bashem likes this.
  8. Bashem Well-Known Member

9. Bashem Well-Known Member

So you had to see some post here that lead you the twitter post to watch an hour long video to find that post you cued?
    Would have been nice by daybreak or holly to just have posted that exact same message you did.
  10. Bashem Well-Known Member

I had mixed up the twitch post with as being a twitter post :confused: and made a twitch acct to have to follow things there but other than facebook dont how many of these other posting places to get EQ2 info I will join!
  11. Bashem Well-Known Member

Would been nice if they just posted this of this thread prefer youtube so I can add it to my watch later stuff

12. Losadunai Active Member

"So you can use Rum Cellar to gear up for Alter of Malice"

So it's kind of a $15 prequel to a $40/$90 expansion, just released sequel style. A bit too much LucasFilms for my liking ;-)

Oh no, she confirmed that $15 is a base price for a small (one zone with several instances) campaign, and that there will be add ons for various play styles with future campaigns (crafter, mercs, adventure packs, loot packs)- what about those of us who play ALL play styles depending on our mood? So one campaign with a minimum $15 price tag becomes $20, $25, $30, + YUK!!!! I can only imagine what a BIG campaign will run. I can't watch this anymore. I'm seriously irked by the smiles and laughter and "Hey this is great" when all I see now Really Is $$$$$.
    Alenna likes this.
  13. Lamatu Active Member

We already heard in the stream that blue heroic shards are now available from the solo rum cellar versions.

I have also had DEV confirmation that the new green adorns only drop in rum cellar too. The raid version will drop current AoM green adorns.

The other loot pinata for this zone is the mount off the vendor which costs 10k ferrin and 3500p. It has 70 more crit chance than the leathery egg mount and 15 more cb and potency. No Clue what the dropped mount will be stats wise.

Just imagine back in ToV if we had been asked to purchase contested High Keep with its new awesome loot of dread armor and weapons.
    Alenna and Qeshar like this.
  14. Bashem Well-Known Member

at least the game is not ptw
  15. knine Well-Known Member

Complete garbage. Now I've got to hope that the other 30 people that run zones with me or raid will also buy the mini campaigns.. There is nothing wrong with the way things have been going, the real problem is with all the bugs in the game or lag. You are going to charge Us extra money, does that mean your going to hire more people to fix the current problems. My guess is NOPE!!! I have been paying since day 1 of eq2 and have slowly whittled down my play time. If this no kidding goes into play then /shrug congrats on losing yet another player.
    Terrius likes this.
  16. Thugrak New Member

Thank you very much for your generous offer. I regret to inform you however that I cannot join you for the Rum Cellar Campaign because in my opinion, the campaign provides too little for the price -- particularly when considering that it will be superseded in a relatively short time by the next 'campaign' which will likely render all of the gains of this campaign moot.

I hope that in the future, more content will be added at the same economical price to make a package more robust and long-lasting that I can feel good about purchasing.

Also, please understand that when I logged in and changed my mailing preferences, unchecking all games other than EQ2 from receiving promotional emails, that meant I did not want messages from DC begging me to play. Thanks.
    suka and Wirewhisker like this.
  17. Squirtikiss Member

I have been playing for two years and I have done most of it at least three times. It depends upon how you define lower level. I define it as anything below level 60.
  18. Squirtikiss Member

There really is not plenty of content to explore between 1 and 90; unless you just want to play two or three toons to high level and then go to some other game. I have several characters under level 40 and there is nothing I can do with them that I have not done at least three times before. My mid-level characters cannot do anything my main has not already done if I progress with them. I guess I should have set my slider high and blazed my way to the top instead of working my way slowly and completely through each area.
  19. Breta Well-Known Member

What? There are ten years worth of content you cannot be serious. I hardly doubt you have explored all the zones various instances, raids and done the quests if it's your thing.
    Moonpanther and suka like this.
  20. Sunje Active Member

Im not really sure what i have payed for the Bloodline Chronicles, The Splitpaw Saga or the Fallen Dynasty but it wasnt more than 6€ and they had really much content, i dont think that i buy this SOE oh sorry Daybreak...