Join Us for the Rum Cellar Campaign this April!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Mindsway Well-Known Member

But they haven't given specifics as to how much the price range will be for the one in the fall? Between my gf and I we have 4 accounts, and we're seriously thinking about quitting the game entirely. Before making that decision we need as specific information as possible. How often do they plan on selling these DLCs or whatever they call them and how much will they cost? How do we know they won't make us pay this every 3 months or so and then pay for a big expansion on top of that? With the costs of kronos skyrocketing on AB it just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

They need to start giving us specifics on what to expect or they're gonna lose a lot more customers.
    Qeshar and Zara like this.
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

I don't think you're going to get the specifics you want. They either aren't saying, or just don't know yet. All they know is a bigger campaign this fall. Bigger = costs more, so I'd plan for that possibility.

There are going to be no more annual expansions. We are lucky to be getting DLC at this point. I think the swan song is coming in the next few years tbh.

I did recall Holly mentioning something about discounts for multiple purchases, citing just your problem (and mine) - more than one account.

If you quit over this crap, I will bear shuffle all over your face!!!
    suka, Zara, Moonpanther and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Fall one will probably be TWO zones with 6 different difficulty levels each, for $30 or a bundle that includes a special mount and a level 100 boost for $110
  4. Bashem Well-Known Member

Be nice if the people in charge of pricing actually stated what their intentions are for the future of the game is so I and all others can make an informed decision.

So far all we seen for sure is this the next new April content is the price will be $15.00 and my eyes are glazing over trying to make sense of all the other peoples comments which may or may not be true until I see an OFFICIAL POST from someone in charge of making the comment.
    Qeshar, Moonpanther and s7n7a7k7e like this.
  5. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Yeah, anything not related to the following:

--The fact that these are replacing expansions
    --The scope of the content in the DLC itself
    --The release date/pricing

Are mostly speculations or sarcastic jokes from people tired of all the BS.
    Bashem and s7n7a7k7e like this.
  6. Charlice Well-Known Member

This change, the way I look at it will just lead to a very disjointed player base. I don't like it at all but I'll just 'wait and see'.
    The direction the game's taken since Dayderp, is still downward.

Anyway doubt I'll buy it whatever it is.
  7. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

As with most companies, you will buy something now, and then 6 months down the line there are new models, upgrades, etc. I am with you, but I don't see us getting that info way ahead of time. But I am with you that if we are spending more than a regular expac over the course of the year and dont get that content then many will leave.

So now, either A) play and have fun, or B) say your goodbyes and give away your loots :)
    suka and NickStern like this.
  8. Losadunai Active Member

You make a good point, and it brings up another thought for me.

I won't be buying this DLC - I've seen enough to know it's not something I want to spend money on. If the case is, buy it or not, as you like- and this sort of content is what I can look forward to in DLC, then I wonder how much LESS they will be getting from me than they would have otherwise.

Potential is there to boost income - or reduce it. Let them gamble on it. Let's see what happens. Would that I could be a fly on the wall looking at the revenue figures as they come in. Fascinating stuff.
    suka, Qeshar and Wanderingbat like this.
  9. Awkk Well-Known Member

Kronos skyrocketed in cost due to botters, who sold loot rights on gear, got rich, bought up all the krono and resold them for much more. We know this because a botter in another thread bragged about single handedly jacking up the krono price from 600 to 6000 and claimed he had millions of plat from botting and selling loot rights, and also that he earned over 200 thousand dollars, selling these krono for 7 dollars apiece, but he didn't say how he did that. Apparently, he is still playing, and still botting and SLRing, too.

Which brings up the question of, how will these DLCs affect botters and SLR's? Will there be very good new gear in the DLCs? Will this gear be heirloom or tradeable? If heirloom, will botters buy 6 or 24 of these DLCs and try to sell loot rights to the gear? If so, they will not be able to sell the heirloom gear to players who did not buy the DLC. Players without the DLC won't be able to get into the dungeon to loot the gear. Will this inhibit the botters? Or will it help DLC sales, in case some players actually buy a DLC they don't want or can't play, just to get into the dungeon to buy a loot right to gear sold by a botter?

I wonder what Daybreaks policy is on these botters who SLR and jack up the price of kronos and even resell them for real money. On the one hand, they make money for Daybreak by purchasing many copies of expansions or DLCs. On the other, they ruin the game economy for the honest players. The bottom line for any company is to make a profit, so it would seem to be to Daybreaks advantage to allow botters. But when the botters brag about making 200 thousand dollars by reselling the kronos, it raises the question of whether that is legal and whether it is stealing actual profits from the company.

Will Daybreak let the players know what their policy is on botters and SLR?

In regards to letting the players know exactly what their plans are for future costs and the form of new content, it seems likely that all of this may be subject to change, depending on many factors, some of which have not yet occurred, such as the results of the first DLC sales. In other words, they might be able to say what their plans are now, but any of that could change in future.
    suka and Qeshar like this.
  10. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

Yeah, I have to say I wouldn't want to be in the hot seat at those meetings having to make those decisions ... Stress probably isn't even a strong enough word for what that person would be feeling.

suka likes this.
  11. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Not really. We paid for what we downloaded in November. That's pretty much it. We're just used to free content patches, so we expect them. Daybreak has decided to bilk us for more by paying for what we've traditionally gotten as a bonus. Let's face it, we were expecting this.
    suka likes this.
  12. Bashem Well-Known Member

I dont RAID atm but if I did I be mad if I had everyone doing the RAIDs with me had to buy the new dlc to do that RAIDs content as well!

Just seem like it getting harder to keep everyone on the same page doing content anyways as even those doing the heroic would need dlc and I see that making more leave the game as opposed to coming back for the new content.
    Qeshar and Alenna like this.
  13. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Nah, see, problem with that -- each Expac IS supposed to tide us over for a year, and they usually did, but lately they haven't had the staff to produce that level of content (their own words) which is why we had so many GUs between each expac to fill in content gaps.
    suka and Qeshar like this.
  14. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Pssh, I'm not giving away anything, I'd rather let all that plat and all those kronos rot.
  15. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

I was surprised also when the last expansion AoM didn't come with the new Aerakyn race. Even ToV bundled the Channeler and the Aerakyn Mercenary with the base expansion. In my opinion ToV was excellent. AoM not so much.
  16. Demonsfear New Member

Subscription cancled... bye EQ2...
    Mindsway and Ajjantis like this.
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

There are YEARS and YEARS worth of lower level content in this game.
    Awkk likes this.
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

So the entire background story is...
    [IMG]

*edit* And yes, I'm in the beta right now...
    Malleria likes this.
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

And sweet baby Marr, how the heck are we supposed to find information regarding the beta at the reddit? Its like everything EQ2 is mashed all together. I thought it would at least have its own reddit but I was wrong.
    Bashem and flameweaver like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I too got 4 accounts and I am for shure happy I only bought one of the last expansions ( it was already to much money for me)
    most of my characters are below level 60 anyway.
    but for my crafters who are a higher level I wanted to be able to do the new stuff at least on some of my toons
    well I am going to sit here and wait and see before I buy anything else I just wished I had started to play 5 years earlier than I did.