Multi-boxer, you better becareful.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Maxee, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoneLegion Active Member

Well in the long run the terms of service dictates:

You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak. All forms and methods of cheating, including hacks, bots, aimbots, and duping are expressly forbidden.

So this even means DPS meters like ACT are illegal. That being said it reads from a log file that they wrote for us to touch. But that being said unless Daybreak says it's fine to read from their log file even it's illegal at this moment.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

Illegal? Don't be daft. The rules of a game say I cannot do X. I do X. Am I going to jail? No.

As for the isboxer stuff and macros, if this is really happening, then there needs to be a public announcement about this reversal of policy. Suddenly people who are keeping 18-24 accounts on Gold status are going to cut back to 1 or 2 gold accounts in response to this. After being accepted for years you cannot just change course without telling anyone with advance notice. And no, posting a 10 page wall of legalese without posting a list of changes is not an acceptable notification.
    Juraiya, suka, Mindsway and 9 others like this.
  3. Mohee Active Member

multi-boxers are helping keep this game alive with all their accounts!
    without them, eq2 will be even more of a ghost town :p
    Lateana, Zgragy, Tharrakor and 2 others like this.
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you here feldon. however as far as i know botting, broadcasting to multiple clients with keypresses or macros has always been against the rules.

what you could do was have two clients open and running on one machine and tab between the two to issue commands without third party software and SOE/DBG would take no action against you.

If you want the ability to control two characters at the same time with one autofollowing the other i suggest setting up a second PC, putting the keyboards together and have one target through the other and hit the keys on both keyboards with both hands when movement for mob strategies isn't required.
    Zgragy and Finora like this.
  5. StoneLegion Active Member

contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.:
    The referee ruled that it was an illegal forward pass.
    Zgragy likes this.
  6. Amaitae Active Member

lol. Daybreak's kicking itself in the face with this.
    You must have a sadistic employee working for you who enjoys to screw your player base.

Someone's having fun? Let's correct that, Daybreak to the rescue.
    ingenius likes this.
  7. ingenius Member

issue is you don't really have an advantage over non boxers as 6 or even 24 half decent players are better than a boxer doing it all and sell runs would go the same just with a larger force and less reason to sell it, one reason people don't like them is they don't need more people for lets say a group for a dungeon run and those that can't get a group are angry that they cant join a boxer on his/her run so would rather they simply cant box at all but the issue with that is if you aren't good enough i wouldn't let you come anyway secondly for a few people playing a single toon is boring and too easy we would either box or not play at all .
    Wanderingbat likes this.
  8. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Maybe they wouldn't be cracking down on this if it wasn't the primary cause of lag issues.

That and players on AB killing x2 contested mobs and selling the loot rights in front of legitimate groups and being general tarts about it in auction chat.

I mean it's fine in practice but when you bring it to the other players, It's toxic
    Juraiya, Losadunai, Karsa and 2 others like this.
  9. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Being a non-geek myself, I don't understand all the programming stuff. But just based on what I've read, it sounds like an unfair advantage and I'm with the ones who say good for them for disallowing it. And if it contributes to lag, even better to ban them. As for the person doing it giving the "if I cannot play with an advantage, then I'm out of here" mentality, I say, boo buy.
    Losadunai and Wanderingbat like this.
  10. LogosZanta Member

I for one say let them all burn.
    There's no need to keep around people like that.
    Everyone who has multiple accounts should be banned.
    Also, everyone using ACT should be banned.
    Probably should nail folks using things like macro keyboards too.
    Frankly, we should be looking for things like hooks into any type of memory while running the game.
    Why aren't we using something like WoW does with the Warden?
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

Guess you'd better start by banning me, since I use ACT all the time. And while we're at it, ban EQ2U. It's a third-party program that clearly provides an advantage.
    Juraiya, suka, Mindsway and 10 others like this.
  12. Maxee New Member

Folks, I did not created this thread to start a flame war, but rather to warn those who multi-box legitimately aware of the danger. Whether or not the defined definition of multi-boxing and botting is clearly spelled out does not really matter at this point. I love SOE games, all of them. But after a decade and a half and this is finally happening, I cannot in good conscious to keep playing knowing that any day I could be suspended again or get banned.

To those that knows who I am, I am sorry but I cannot give away fortune as I feel it would further devalue the value of plat currency. I will however once my suspension is lifted, will give the rest of the kronos away.
    Mindsway, Lateana, Kraeref and 4 others like this.
  13. StoneLegion Active Member

I sadly assume he was being sarcastic meaning were all at the butchering block lol.
  14. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

How does ACT modify game play in the least bit?
    suka likes this.
  15. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Seriously? I think that's a bit overboard. Why should folks with multiple accounts be banned?
    Using ACT? Seriously?
    Macros? Eq2 has it set up where you can make macros so that makes no sense.
    suka likes this.
  16. Lucus Well-Known Member

the terms are vague enough to ban users EQ2maps or any other UI modification. lets remember too they've done a brainfart and there's no link in there to the 'approved list' (as in it doesn't yet exist publicly).

Until we get a public post of approved UI and programs i'll assume all UI mods and stuff like ACT are out of bounds.
    Wanderingbat and Gaealiege like this.
  17. ingenius Member

fyi game is't doing well if daybreak starts suspending more people game loses too much money meaning it shuts down for good meaning no lag issues at all, and on the note of getting rid of boxers to reduce lag why not get rid of non subscribers or those that don't buy expacs as they are a waste of lag inducing memory. or people in guilds who get a raid going to kill a contested 2x and sell the loot as they make plenty of lag and even more due to them talking in chat which a boxer doesnt need to do. so techinally a boxer by that logic is better for lag and any non boxers should get removed. see how non black and white this is? let us do what we want as long as we don't disobey the other rules like making the game less fun for people like many non boxers do and logoszanta for making the game un fun for boxers by spouting nonsense like that.
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I don't see much difference, other than the financial end of things. I've known some botters. They don't usually hang out with anyone because they have all they need (and they'd rather screw up by themselves than be subject to the average newb), so they won't necessarily be missed. :p
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

I hope you are being sarcastic, otherwise you are just being absurd. There is nothing wrong with multiple accounts. There is nothing wrong with running multiple accounts at one time. It's the automation of any part of the running of the accounts that gets one out of bounds. I'm sure SOE and now Daybreak are more than happy to accept 2-3-even 400 dollars or more a year + expansion costs from people as long as they are actually doing the playing. I can assure you that not everyone who runs multiple accounts uses extra software to do so.

Banning ACT... really I'm not sure how one would think that was doing much of anything other than taking notes on what already happened in game. It's actually a pretty useful tool for testing.
    Zgragy, Strings, Azian and 2 others like this.
  20. Ragna Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with Multiboxing (which is very, very different than Multiboting)

If that wasn't against Forum's rules, a couple links to the website of the program mentionned by OP would settle the "Bot / No Bot" dispute :) [Hint : the "it's legit" crowd is wrong]
    Kraeref, Azian and Wanderingbat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.