Don't fix anything and use dev time on a Duck Mount

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Tippysaurus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm willing to wait for a duckmount, if it means we can let Ttobey loose on PVP. Will be well worth the giggles.
    Siren likes this.
  2. Trasor Active Member

Feldon I laughed so hard when you said that. I could just picture a scene from something like Office Space where they are clearing out a guy to make room for snacks.
  3. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I believe you're all missing a golden opportunity here.

One of the persistent PvP complaints is the existence of Flying Mounts. (Yah, there are bigger fish to fry, but let's use a time machine and pretend it's the current problem).

First, ttoby creates duck mounts.... Give em PvP stats so all PvPers use them, even if it's for a small boost.

Second... tinkered duck hunting shotguns. The ability to knock any duck out of the air, at any range. Forcibly dismounts the person, and leaves their duck stunned for 60 seconds. All those people flying across Antonica avoiding PvP, just stand on a mountain and pick em off one by one. Then, send in your trusty pet...

[IMG]

PvP flight problem solved... ;)

(I know, I know, wouldn't fix the root problem)
    Feldon and Siren like this.
  4. Tippysaurus Active Member

5. Siren Well-Known Member

Exur! You of all people should already realize that Feldon crawls into the PvP forums here about once a month to post an uninformed troll comment, and then slinks back under his rock for another month. :p
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

I just think it's time to accept that continued PvP/BG development is an unaffordable luxury. I know this opinion will be super popular with much love from this section of the forums, but the EQ2 team is 1/4 the size it was in Kunark days.
  7. Exur Well-Known Member

Obviously... but I must be crazy in thinking a healthly/fun PvP environment would drive more population then house decor, dungeon designing, endless fluff, etc... I mean, there is a ranking system for prettiest house! I'd love to steal the trade skill developer... that person has really made some great changes. I should just go away, I know that.... just stubborn about it is all.
  8. Avirodar Well-Known Member

TBH, I am surprised that PVP in EQ2 has lasted this long.
  9. Fetish Well-Known Member

I'd like him to give scouts back the lunging stomp animation that used to be tied to at least one of every scout classes debuff. It "mysteriously disappeared" around the time that Fae were added. I'm sure it is a coincidence, as they do the animation just fine. It currently still exists on one scout CA. I am unwilling to name it as I can only believe that a Dev would then log in and remove the animation from that ability. Sure...that isn't a PvP change at all, but does anyone honestly think there will be any PvP change other than slapping more carnival prizes onto a BG vendor and calling it a day.

So...TTobey, give me back my scout animation! /please
  10. Fetish Well-Known Member

It surprised me that it lasted as long as it did after Smokeblower started steering the ship...
  11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'll have to track this one down.
    Xillean likes this.