Twitch Stream: Weds, Feb 18 @ 3PM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gramma Active Member

I'd like to hear more about these two questions and was wondering also how close the devs are to revamping the deity system, and if there would be any more options to turn loot into stand alone house items, like the heritage house items.
    suka likes this.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

"Chat with the devs" was the title of this stream. Just sayin.
  3. Terrius Well-Known Member

All in All it wasn't a terrible stream, but the past streams have had more information and questions answered so it was a tad disappointing.

I am still personally very concerned about the future of the Guide program and was really hoping it would get a shout out. :(
  4. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Ok I edited my post, but I still say it was very disappointing and didn't address the really important concerns.

All that time wasted on froglok bouncing? and what was the nonsense with the duckmount?
  5. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Yeah, they got a tonne of dumb and irrelevant questions but why even pick them to read out loud? So the rest of the staff can laugh at whoever it was that asked the question (eg. camera bounce)?

also, why have a stream if you can't be any less vague than you already are?

Again, the effort was there and I appreciate the effort but it played out very unprofessional and mostly a waste of time. Well, all 20 minutes of it.

edit: The duckmount thing was good for a chuckle at least. I hope they put "duck mount" in the forum filters now.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

90% of whines on this forum are about low server population, Lag, Weapons.
    They addressed those.

They also told you pretty honestly they can't reveal exact details on a lot of things atm.

But you got informed of the following:
    Cross Server Dungeon Finder
    Database fixes for new features
    Potential Deity revamps
    Scout Balancing
    New rare 'loot pinatas'
    New Weapons (Patterns)
    suka, Terrius, Gramma and 1 other person like this.
  7. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Are people not aware this was more a casual thing and not a board meeting? You do realize this is a video game, right?
    suka, Edelphia and Losadunai like this.
  8. Gramma Active Member

The devs stated they are watching this thread. I am sure they didn't just log off the second the stream concluded.
    suka and Neiloch like this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

what is this about? i didn't notice any of this on my tradeskilling. what components are they taking?
  10. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Well the character file size is a big reason for lag.
    suka and Neiloch like this.
  11. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Agreed, I thought it was pretty positive.
    suka, Neiloch and Losadunai like this.
  12. Losadunai Active Member

So there are some people who think that laughing and being informal with the community that is like family is unprofessional. well, if they had been dry and dull I would have felt like they didn't care and weren't connected to us at all. This is a VIDEO GAME DEVELOPMENT TEAM we are talking about here, not Wall Street hedge fund managers or something >.<
    Siren, suka, Edelphia and 2 others like this.
  13. ZUES Well-Known Member

We already knew all of that.
  14. Rozyn Well-Known Member

One of the big things I got from that stream is if you really can't get groups and are considering transferring a character - just do it. Don't wait on the team because it sounds like anything that requires a decent amount of coding will be held back by the cross server stuff, which in turn is a ton of work.
  15. Neiloch Well-Known Member

You assumed those were still in the works/planned, but you didn't KNOW.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Really?

I've not seen it anywhere they are going to change character files.
    I didn't know database changes were inc next month.
    I didn't know new weapons would be off rare mobs, coming next week
    I didn't know their actual intentions for scout balancing/boosting.

Did you really expect them to announce tons of New things in a 20 min stream?
  17. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Sorry for double post, but read the new messages after I'd completed.

Suka, this happened to me the other day, I meant to post in TS area.
    Normally, if you start a craft, then halt--let's say you realize it is the wrong piece--all that is consumed is Fuel. On some of the Xiocite Lvl 100 items, if you stop, it can consume the rares. I was making items for a guildie and they changed the piece they wanted, I stopped...it consumed both fuel and rares. I am not sure how many recipes are affected: I don't have that many extra rares :D

Kitty
    suka likes this.
  18. Spindle Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't get condescending either. The extremely puerile comments filling the side bar were disturbing yet not unexpected. Yea, the constant nagging on advertise, advertise, advertise is amusing. Looks like they all want the same type of advertising as those graphically pathetic mobile games.

Was NOT impressed with TTobey's temper tantrum. If you need a beer that badly then you'd better consider working on that problem.

Don't know how many times the Devs have to explain the architecture problems with EQ2 and a progression server. It's been explained in all iterations of the forums and at Fan Faire and in twitches, so, please, players, there will be no progression server.

I get the impression that a number of the questions that were not addressed in the stream will be addressed in writing.

They all look tired. I'm pretty impressed that they are all still enthused working on our games.
    Siren, suka, Neiloch and 1 other person like this.
  19. Kander Developer

Anyone who feels like we did not answer questions to your satisfaction, please feel free to PM me if it is game related. Realize I can not discuss anything from the business side of things as this is not my place.. Also, if you would like to email me current and constructive feedback and concerns, as I have stated in multiple threads this week, feel free to contact me directly. I have already answered personally a lot emails from other threads.

KVALLEE@SOE.SONY.COM
    Faeonara, Griff, Shmogre and 8 others like this.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

what we really want to see is dungeon maker have a reason for being again. some kind of rewards. meanwhile, we want to know that it won't simply disappear on us one day with all of the stuff we are storing in it. the questions were asked earlier on this thread but unfortunately no one cared enough to answer it.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.