What can compare to EQ2

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Mowse, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

Looks cool! Can it be soloed?
  2. Valzen Well-Known Member

Yep, until you want to do group stuff, like 5 man dungeons, 10 or 20 man raids, etc.

In open world events when you run into others fighting, an option will pop up to join group. And just like that you're grouped for that event. Hard to explain. Just have to try it.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'll have to check it out!
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

I've played a little Rift on and off since beta. The story is the thing that bothers me most about the game I think hehe :) Obviously doesn't bother some though.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of checking out WoW. Is it worth it?
  6. Castles Active Member

yes, Rift has been close to EQ2. they have been struggling also with layoffs and F2P migration but should be better this year unless their pet project Trove sucks resources away like H1Z1 has here. i also think ESO is a diamond in the rough and after they recover from their F2P migration next month may also be a nice place to set up camp. The last wow expansion is so-so but once again in the right direction, sadly they are not F2P and the game is not worth $180 a year in addition to the expansion cost. STO and SWTOR are options but have their issues. for now i'm playing PS2 until my all access runs out later this year and questing, Raiding, and PVP in Rift. but be sure, Trion/Rift is in the same boat as this company so it could bottom out anytime also.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

I've heard so much about WoW and been told by numerous people I should give it a try but I'll never give up on EQ2,
  8. Rozyn Well-Known Member

9. Mowse Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the responses. Rift i have considered. And have been looking at Guildwars 2. (no one mentioned that, which says a lot maybe). Tried ESO and it was a bit difficult learning curve for me.
    To reroll is possible i guess. Ruins. Caves. Antonica. geez. sort of painful but possible.
  10. Leloes Well-Known Member

11. Leloes Well-Known Member

Reroll, choose a server that fits you and start playing! No matter what EQ2 is heads above other games.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

I played up to level 70 or was it 80... and enjoyed it as a side project. However, having played for a long time certain changes they kept making peeved me enough it's not even on my computer anymore nor will it ever be again. That being said a new player wouldn't have the same expectations of their class not completely changing so ...
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

I haven't fully made my mind up. I might give it a try just to see what all the fuss is all about. But, no matter what, I'm not leaving EQ2.
    Finora likes this.
  14. Vladislav Active Member

Having played on and off up to and including Panda expac -

It is World of Dailies now. Everyone is running around a single zone doing dailies (that will take about 4 hrs if doing all) while waiting on Dungeon Finder to group them with randoms from other servers to run a zone or a raid. If you in a guild, you are doing the same, except it is pre-made run. Every zone aside from last one (with dailies) is deader than Loping Plains.

Raiding and dungeons are easy enough for PuGs to clear EM versions within a week, while HM raids are cleared within 24 hrs of going live by top guilds (that is why Bliz releases their raid content in parcels, never all at the same time). Many casual guilds will clear HM raid scene within 4 months. Every dungeon is extremely easy mode now and you will clear them within a week if there is leveling to be done, or within a day if already at cap. There are no more vanilla's BRD or Scholo level of difficulty zones anymore.
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

Can it be soloed? I don't do good in groups. I have a problem being in groups even in RL.
  16. Seefar Well-Known Member

This ^^^

EQ2's movement system makes it relatively easy to move and type at the same time. Using WSAD to move kills this. I can do WSAD, and have done it, but it's incredibly clumsy. I'm amazed that more games haven't picked up on this.
  17. Raff Well-Known Member

OP, GW2 is a great game. Better by far than any mentioned here, imo. I didn't suggest it cause I thought you had already looked at it. Even better on GW2....you purchase it once. Going for about 30-35 bucks now in some places and never pay anything else besides what you might want to purchase in the cash shop.

Its a great add on game for EQ2 as you can still maintain your sub here.
  18. Valzen Well-Known Member

In Rift you can use mouse or WSAD or both at same time. And like EQ2, Q and E for side stepping as well.
  19. vampiregoat69 Member

NO true mmo player would want to play GW 2 they destroyed it. GW 1 was SOOOOO much better and I have heard many of my friends after they bought and we played it beg for their money back for such a terrible game. Glad I was not the one that paid for mine.
  20. Raff Well-Known Member

I disagree. I hated GW1...just an awful game. But to each their own...played GW2 for 2 years. Still play it from time to time. Its is a beautifuyl rendered game. Gorgeous artwork. Fluid animation and large group pvp is some of the best out there. Spvp is somewhat less, imo though.

I think they went too far away from the trinity style of play. But that was their focus.

On the minus side also, they have no housing and their guild.

What is was not, however, was a true extension of GW1. And that ticked off a lot of people. Not unlike what many EQ players feel about EQ2