Daybreak games is spam?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Atan, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Atan Well-Known Member

So last night we noticed if you said anything in general chat that included Daybreak games, it was marked as spam and filtered.

How can this possibly be intended functionality?
    Wurm likes this.
  2. Skitterfast Well-Known Member

Trying to slow down the panic amongst the non-forumites.

I doubt it worked.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

Its the same way on Crushbone... I find it humorous. And the game is giving me not much to smile about at the moment, so I'll take anything I can get.
  4. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Wow, seriously? This is getting pretty stupid. Probably a result of Feldon vs. Smeds. XD
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

It also appears the fact that the spam filter engages on the company name is off-topic and not related to game-play.
    Mizgamer62 and Feldon like this.
  6. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

LOL I just saw that. How strange
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Probably trying to put it down where it won't be seen or read by as many people...
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It really isn't pertinent to gameplay. If you want to discuss this without it getting moved around, there is a general Daybreak forum.
    Mozil likes this.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

It's not pertinent to gameplay and there ARE discussion threads for it here. They want people discussing on the Forums and not detracting/spreading falsified information across their game. Many players are "doomsdaying" about this even with some staff changes (such as David from the Landmark streams being removed) we have yet to hear from the company about anything and spreading rumors is not helping.

If players wish to discuss SOE's transition to Daybreak Games they should do so on the main thread...
    (I just realized I sound like I'm doing discount PR work >.> jesus).
    Griff, Mozil and FriggaWitch like this.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Yes you do. Being unable to use the phrase "daybreak games" in-game is a bug, and is neither off-topic nor "spreading falsified information".
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Actually it is falsified if those who are speaking are citing improper information. I am saying why it may be done, however, I am not saying that this is how it should be In fact I personally feel people should be allowed to speak their minds about whatever topic in-game.. Preventing this is Censorship of which I do not condone. I likely should have made that more clear in my initial post as re-reading it... I did not make that evident in any way whatsoever.

However I think people should be taking discussion to the threads to so it's apparent that the players are against certain things.
  12. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

Working on fix for this one now. Looks like there was a plat selling site with a very similar name back in the day so its getting flagged as spam. I'll get it fixed. And no... I don't want to buy your plat.

And don't sweat which forum to post it on. Thank you for posting it so we can get it fixed for you!
    Griff, Mizgamer62, Livejazz and 3 others like this.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

Now that really does make me laugh. Silly plat spammers still causing trouble
  14. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

I just tried on AB and looks like its working now! Thanks for letting us know!
  15. ZUES Well-Known Member

So THAT'S how they were able to afford SOE! :D
    Deveryn and Finora like this.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

Tin foil hats incoming!!
  17. Adegx Active Member

Gotta admit, I'm scratching my head on this one. We've have had several conversations with the word daybreak in them on permafrost in the open channels. Never seen it flagged as spam. If it was in fact due to old gold seller blacklist, Why did it take a week or so before it started filtering it?
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

I would contribute it to the lack of overall chatter on Perma. AB has a lot more vocalization on it (refreshing actually). I know I see Spam flagged messages/tells all the time on AB.
  19. Griff Well-Known Member

Are you saying Daybreak got the money to purchase SoE by selling Plat!?!?!?!
    (Just kidding, but would make one heck of a great rumor though....)
  20. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Or Daybreak will be selling plat :D

"Coming soon, Plat on the marketplace 500SC for 300 PLAT!"