Nagafen down 4 hours

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Mowse, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Mowse Well-Known Member

The other servers down 1 hour and Nagafen 4.. but in the update notes it doesn't say why. Why?
    Moonpanther likes this.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I was wondering the exact same thing!!
  3. Mowse Well-Known Member

Well, doesn't look like there will be a response re. why we took 4 hours vs. 1 hour. Sort of like my RL job.. no communication from the top down
  4. Twinks Member

from the server downtime post:
  5. Thetmes Active Member

:rolleyes:

I think its more that it does not say what is being fixed in the update notes.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be cool if we just logged in one day to a cross-server thing where everyone could come onto Nagafen as they pleased with their mains, and one minute you'd be fighting "Johnnywalker from Antonia Bayle" and the next "Brigadier from Unrest" etc.? :)

Aion has a phased "fast-track server" with double XP that every regular server character can come and go from at will- they just have to go back to their home servers to use the broker, bank and train (probably to avoid potential duping exploits). Probably the few devs left working on EQ2 could never pull that off (nor would they get the funding), but it would be cool.
    TS (Throat) likes this.
  7. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Isn't it still too early in the day for conspiracy theories? ;)

Twinks kindly posted the quote from the Downtime message. Nagafen underwent some additional server maintenance, which is something that all servers will go through at some point in time. That's all this downtime was for :)
    Feldon likes this.
  8. Mowse Well-Known Member

Guess I was hoping it was for something that improved the server.
    Siren likes this.
  9. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Exactly, how dare they question or conclude ridiculous ideas for why Nagafen has extra downtime. It's as if they don't realize we're talking about SoE, who specialize in customer service and feedback. Never would they let an important update slip by without a notification, nor would they ever promise changes to improve a dying server and then stay in silence, causing players to be unexpectedly hopeful with every update only to be let down once again. Get a grip people!
    Exur, TS (Throat) and Fetish like this.
  10. Mowse Well-Known Member

Didn't realize they did maintenance though one server at a time. Must be a new feature
  11. Fetish Well-Known Member

That...and with such a low pop, low use, low concern by "that one guy at SOE" server, exactly what "extra" needed to be done?
  12. TS (Throat) Active Member

- Someone dipped their toe in the PvP forum. Get it out now before you have to answer a real question :)