The hottest gossip on the coolest server [Permafrost]

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Gryger Halifax, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Penthesalea Guide

A very troubled Halfling Craftsman will be in need of your assistance in Halas on Jan 31 at 5 PM pacific
    Look for Blummrupp near the crafting area!

*Please remember that actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Event Guide Program and for this reason the event may be canceled or delayed without notice.*
  2. Penthesalea Guide

A mystic will be making her way to obal plains soon! Keep your eyes open! (Jan 31)
  3. Keiona Senior Guide

The rumor mill is rumbling again! I hear of some wee little critters with curly tails that will be in need of caretakers in Antonica on the 7th at 1:30pm PST.

Please be aware all times shown are in PST. While we strive to ensure the rumors are validated prior to us telling you sometimes the force known as "real life" does get in the way - should this occur we will do our best to let you know at the earliest opportunity!
  4. warcrown New Member

I always miss these. I wish I didn't have to work.
  5. Gertrude New Member

Squee! Or would that be Squeal?!?
  6. Occam Well-Known Member

Ack! Did I miss it yet again??!! :(
  7. Lunarosa Well-Known Member

I was decorating in my house the other day and I realized that the decor is seriously lacking in the axe area! Like really it needs more axes! I heard there might be a dwarf out there who is just as obsessed with axes as I am. Does anyone know the next time this dwarf will be passing near Kaladim?
  8. Gryger Halifax Guide

"But you don't understand! I have to see Gryger! He'll know how to help me!" Arhynn pleaded, forcing her mail-clad foot between the door and jamb.
    "Now don't you be a-botherin the Master, Arhynn! Poor fellow just appears in my kitchen last night, looking like he scrapped with Nagafen and lost. I packed him off to bed right quick, and that's where he's staying until he gets better! With the Festival of Erollisi starting, he's going to need all his strength!"
    Arhynn slumped in defeat, she knew better than to tangle with Mistress HeartyHearth. The Halfling was an adept with a wooden spoon, as both culinary tool and weapon. "But this mission is of vital importance! The Qeynos Guard entrusted me with the quest to cull the Gnolls! I'll never get anyone to help me!"
    "Oh is that it, Arhynn? You don't need Master Gryger for that! Just head out to Antonica and call for help from the adventurers of Norrath! They're always happy to lend a hand. Just bring along a little something to reward them!"
    Arhynn brightened. "You're right! Thanks!"

So that's it folks... Keep your eyes open for an adventure in Antonica tonight (Thursday 02/05) around 5:00pm (Pacific)
  9. Gryger Halifax Guide

UPDATE: Due to the revised timeframe for the hotfix, I am pushing back the start time to 6:30pm Pacific. If the update takes longer, we may have to cancel this instance and run it again at a later date.
  10. Gertrude New Member

Thank you Keiona and Farmur! It was a fun adventure herding the piggies to the village and I've got a new pet to raise and care for t'boot!
  11. Penthesalea Guide

Have you heard the rumors? About the grandest Ball? Who is going to be there? Who made Queen Antonio's Ball Gown? There will be some out in Halas on Tuesday Feb 10th at 4pm pacific time, hoping to hear the gossip you have heard and they will share with you what they know! See you then!
    *Please remember that actors for these events are players just like you who volunteer their time in the Volunteer Event Guide Program and for this reason the event may be canceled or delayed without notice.*
  12. Nikua New Member

Dangit, I have to work :(
  13. bardbear New Member

Thanks for coming around last night Forestyne and my fave Ratonga. It helped dispel a little of the gloom surrounding the news yesterday.
    Graithan likes this.
  14. Graithan Guide

Ohs rumors, I hears a rumor! Hmms, lets sees. It's umms... Somethings to do withs loves in Freeport Friday February 13th @ 8:00 PM Pacific Yis!

Please be aware all times shown are in PST. While we strive to ensure the rumors are validated prior to us telling you sometimes the force known as "real life" does get in the way - should this occur we will do our best to let you know at the earliest opportunity!
  15. Penthesalea Guide

Our Nobles and Jesters will be out today (Feb 14) in Antonica by the North Guard Tower at 1pm pacific! Come join them for some games and maybe some gossip about the Crown Ball! See you there!

16. taleta Member

I get the guide events and such are all player run, but is there even a slight chance to make them more worth doing? Literally all fun was sucked from this latest event by having me run around night pointlessly for a (in my opinion) ugly appearance robe, some drink that maybe a level one would benefit from... and some fireworks... that I can (and have) mass make (and made). Honestly... Kind of dont even want to bother with most of these events now.

EDIT. meant to say for an hour, then get forgotten about even getting something for trying. They did head back to get me something when I asked what I would've gotten though. so a slight benefit. still miffed about the whole thing.
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Most guide quests are for fun and for roleplaying. The rewards are nice, and usually very unique items. I fear that the newsies quest is somewhat to blame for some grumblings about guides and guide quests. The reward for that is so amazing that some player are too expectant of guides and the quests. I may grumble sometimes about the often lack of announcing guide quests on the forums, but I do really appreciate the guides. I would become one myself if I didn't have an autistic son that sometimes needs my attention quickly. (That and I type so painfully slow that I would not be able to "talk" fast enough during the quests.)
  18. taleta Member

Except, like Ive said this isnt fun, Hell, honestly, I really only like newsies for the status and cool back. Im talking for the unique Items, like those transforming ones, or the special plants... not an ugly and fairly overused style of robe, and some fireworks. Did I mention how it took an hour, and it wasnt fun in the slightest?
  19. Nitestar Member

I agree with redwoodtreesprite. The guides do their best to make the game fun and give us players something different and at times unique to do besides the usual grind for AA or that elusive piece of armor or status we all seem to be looking for. It is a time to sit back, do some roleplaying, have some fun just doing something different. My question to you is--if you were not having fun or enjoying yourself, why did you do it? You have the option to bow out, not finish the task, or not even go to the event at all. You said you were forgotten--yet the guide did return to make sure you got the reward? Cudos to that guide! Yes you sent them a tell, yet they felt the need to come back and make sure you got your reward! I have been to guide events where there are a lot of people and all trying to get rewards and crowding the poor guide. I don't know how they keep track of who got what and who did not. I would not be able to do it. I tip my hat off to those who do! I am sorry to hear you did not have fun at whatever quest that was. And I am sorry for the poor guide who took time out of their day away from family and what ever else is going on in their RL world to go out and give us something different to do in the hopes of making our day a little brighter and then come here and read what you have to say. Try to remember they are volunteers and yet so are we! :) We give of our time to go and do something different. It is not for everyone! It sounds like guide events may not be for you. I hope one day you might run into one you do enjoy! And if not that is OK too! As for me? I love the guides and the events they put on when I happen to find one! Even to just go out and say hi! And thanks for all you do! Thank you guides! I appreciate you!
  20. Graithan Guide

Hellos! Permafrosts such a great community! Arsonance goods people! Theys helped me with ideas for catching mouses in the holds - it's been eating all my cheeses!I's hopes the trap works! :D

Theres informations bouts the guide programs feedback heres!

Happy Erolissi everyones! And keeps an eye out fors more events! Yous all always very funs!

Thank yous all!