The Official Duck Mount Request thread

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Errrorr, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Judging by the latest Twitter post I have seen on this subject, I see no real reason to pursue this any more :(. Their wont be a time any more where I will defend SoE's upper end management decisions any more. (Although I still respect the Tom Tobeys and Phatkins of this game a lot :))

Katanallama - Over to you for your next plan.
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

Want to elaborate? I don't do twitter.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Tom Tobey @giganticrobot · Jan 22
    Sorry everyone, We tried. It won't be duck season.

And apparently, decision was made because the Bunnies didn't sell as well as expected, and all mounts made are compared to the Pegasus they released 4 years ago for sales. - Although this wasn't direct from an SoE Source.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

4 years ago they hadn't done a huge list of things to upset all their loyal customers and driven them away yet. If the bunny could fly I would have bought so many more of them. Duck mounts (and flying powder pink pigs) would sell better since they would actually fly. I don't have time to switch mounts every time I enter a no fly zone so display the faster cuter ground mount. If they made it so the flying mounts had the same ground mount speed I bet they would fly off the shelves.
  5. Crychtonn Active Member

The game has evolved to needing to fly most places. Having a flying mount is now a requirement. They make a fancy ground only bunny mount and then are surprised people didn't buy it?? That's straight up short sightedness on their part.

I'm not even in sales and I could have told them sales were going to be bad for that idea :rolleyes:
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

No mount is going to sell bucketloads when you have a gazillion different ones. What do they expect?

I bought a couple of flying mounts back in the day when they were new, but a week or so later I got a nicer one from questing or drops that I ended up using instead. So that felt like a waste of money. Since then I've got about 6 different flying mounts from quests/drops/give aways so I'll never buy another again... Unless it's a duck mount.

Of course if the duck mount can also be got via a quest reward or drop, I'll not buy it either.
  7. floofloobunny Active Member

In regards to the bunny mount, they would have sold more if the upper management didnt make the art team change the animations on them. They were way too cute to boot when they first released but someone decided that they needed an animation change and now the jump is mega annoying and distracting. Not to mention harder to land with feet in your face.I had plans to buy one for every character but since that animation change I havent bought another bunny, sad too because it is a very quiet mount.

I was looking forward to a duck mount too, I cant believe they are comparing sales from 4 years ago, very unrealistic.
  8. Katz Well-Known Member

It's difficult to understand the reasons for the decision. If this was a physical good, where you would have ducks sitting on a shelf, it would make sense. But it is a virtual good. You don't have to store unsold ducks in a warehouse.

Second of all, it is a flying mount.

If they said, it just doesn't fit with our world, I would respect the decision. The reason that was reported above is just silly.
    How can you know what will catch someones fancy? Put things out there and see what sticks.
    floofloobunny likes this.
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

OK I think it's time to fly this thread south for the winter. It really did make me laugh a few times though. Onward to giraffes!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.