Bug: With the upgrade to 90 bauble for existing heroic toons

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Alenna, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

I used it just now and it did get my toon to 90/320 but I did not receive the "A packet of heroic Goodies" to open to get the upgraded armour food, drink and potions. the name of the toon is Sylvanni
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

update on bug. I had zone I used the camp to self method to get the heroic goodies i hope this is not working as intended or you will need to update that FAQ of yours on the change so you don't get a lot of calls to CS when this goes live.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

further update I did not get the mount others got with their upgrade on Test.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I also did not receive the crate until I zoned. (I did, however, receive the mount and the crate in the same reward window once I zoned.) /bug submitted
  5. Kurisutaru Active Member

Ok. I believe I have found another bug. I'm unable to hire mercenaries. The Hire Replacement button is greyed out. All other characters can.. but not the heroic one. :oops:
  6. Caith Developer

The new mount is not granted to previous heroic characters. We fixed the issue of not receiving your crate until zoning yesterday so it will be ready to go with the live publish.
  7. Jumjumbandito Active Member

Booooooooooo hisssssssss
  8. TechUp Active Member

So will the old mount be upgraded with the stats that the new mount has if the heroic character is less than 90 and then uses the bauble?
    Griff and Alenna like this.
  9. Kurisutaru Active Member

I have done everything I could possibly think of. My level 90 heroic character is still unable to hire mercenaries. My other alts can do so just fine. :(
  10. Caith Developer

Is that on the Blackrose character?
  11. floofloobunny Active Member

ok, so is the new armor for lvl 90 going to look the same as the lvl 85 armors just with different stats? I liked how those looked and planned to get a few more heroics when able but with this update, Im assuming the looks will be different.

So if your granting existing toons the upgraded armor (looks and stats) why not also the mount (looks and stats)? Kind of stingy to not include it all with the update dont you think?

Is it possible to grant a choice which mount to receive?

What if like this;
    1. current heroics with cold pony get 90 bauble with a choice of upgraded cold pony or dark pony but it deletes current cold pony.

2. current heroics can petition a gm to remove cold pony and get dark pony when upgrade happens. (wala!)
    Alenna likes this.
  12. Kurisutaru Active Member

The character affected in test server is Kurisutaru, that's the one I used the heroic bauble on.
  13. floofloobunny Active Member

thought of a 3rd option;

3. current heroics who want to keep cold pony but want the upgraded stats can petition gm and the devs will have a cold pony with the upgraded stats ready to switch out for those who like the cold look but want the upgraded stats.

Also something to note, Id be willing to shell out money to upgrade the last hold outs now for a heroic to 85 for the armor, because that armor you made is especially very nice looking for appearance armor.

Im sure Im not the only one thinking it would be nice to have that armor, I cant imagine you guys putting it out to buy anywhere after the 85 bauble goes bye bye. So it will be a loss if it completely goes away.

So Im saying I would pay now for heroic 85s on my last hold outs solely for that armor, but now Im stopped because I want the upgraded stat and look mount.

Your putting your customers in a hard spot.

If no options are available for the upgraded mount as well, I would then just wait to upgrade my last hold outs to heroic.

I never liked the cold one for most my alts but one heroic alt named Frosta looks bad **** with it and she would like an upgraded stat to it but keep the look if you please. (she is still 85).
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

So we are not getting the full upgrade to the heroic 90 with the bauble for our heroic toons we use the bauble on? or are we supposed to and only some of us are bugged because I was told by others they got the new mount on their existing heroic characters on test.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

the 90 heroic armour looks like the 85 heroic armour
    floofloobunny likes this.
  16. floofloobunny Active Member

Im assuming the cold pony would look weird in the jungle zone that will be the new hunting ground when we go to 90 in a few days, thats the reason for the change in mount appearance.

Still would like an option on the mount, upgrade current cold pony to lvl 90 stat or ability to switch out cold for dark.

Its about making the customer feel like they didnt lose out and sony also not losing out, win win for all.
    Griff, Spindle and Alenna like this.
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

I agree. although I did buy the heroic character 85 was the limit and they hadn't said it would change so expected to level her the normal way but if they gave those that get the heroic now new mount then they expect that it will be needed in the places that they are going to be leveling from 90 on so why not upgrade the rest of us as well who are going to be doing that. and yes I know i am slow at leveling some of my heroics I thought I was going to have time to do and maybe get a good mount while questing but being 90 i'll be skipping the content that gave me that mount so I can get sylvanni and my other 2 heroics to 100 that haven't gotten there yet, in the relatively newer zones and will be at a very big disadvantage there.
    floofloobunny likes this.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

It's disappointing that old heriocs will not receive the mount with stats.
    Griff, Spindle, Mermut and 3 others like this.
  19. flameweaver Well-Known Member

"Disappointing" doesn't cover it. I can think of better, but their use here would probably get me banned. :rolleyes:
    Let's just say this is not a good customer experience, and hope that SOE see the light and fix this on release or shortly after.
    Griff likes this.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

I am no longer exicted over the upgrade of the heroic since my existing heroics will not get the full advantage that new ones do. even though I paid the same as they did.
    Griff and Spindle like this.