AoM Contested Name AFK merc problem needs fixed

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Scalo, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

1) Determine spawn cycle.
    2) Kill named with one toon.
    3) Log to alt that is already camped there and AFK-camp it.
    4) Repeat.

Problem not solved.
    Charlice and Prrasha like this.
  2. Endymion Developer

More changes are coming.
  3. Prrasha Well-Known Member

"I'm having trouble eating peas with this slotted spoon."

"Have you tried a non-slotted spoon? Problem solved."

"Maybe if I build a tiny clockwork catapult so my slotted spoon will launch the peas at my face..."
    Elinea and Wurm like this.
  4. supernova Member

Endy gets it ( I hope)...Thankyou for addressing this
  5. supernova Member

Yep
  6. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Thank you Endymion.

I would still argue however that the best intermediate step would have been to do as nearly all have suggested and make the named non-aggro.
    Charlice and supernova like this.
  7. supernova Member

<upvote>
  8. Avithax Well-Known Member

Yeah because nobody has alts lol
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

coming in the patch tomorrow (06 Jan 2105)
    POPULATION / ZONE PROGRESSION
    Tranquil / Phantom Seas
    Players who kill a named NPC in eitherTranquilSeaorPhantomSeawill no longer be able to see or kill the same named for 2 hours

So that should prevent the afk campers from well.. afk camping
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I really don't see someone camping the same spawn without moving to the next mob. This will just prevent the afk players from sitting at one spawn point all day and waiting to hear combat to loot the chest(s). Now others will be able to get kills for the weekly is what I am guessing?
    I guess that is one of the few pluses about being on a relatively quiet server, fewer people to fight over spawns :rolleyes:
    Laiina likes this.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

I have full faith that the incredibly complex solution to the problem they came up with is fool proof and has 0 chance of causing issues to players who weren't camping the named. The simple solution we came up with of making the named mobs non-agro, must have had a hidden problem that we just couldn't see and probably would have caused the servers to explode.
    Charlice likes this.
  12. Charlice Well-Known Member

We must think along the same lines lol. I almost can't wait for the update to go through.
  13. Ranga Active Member

Just make it a zw update when any player kills a named, update anyone who is in the zone, It's not like you couldn't kill them with your finger now is it?
  14. Laiina Well-Known Member

I actually think this is a better solution than making them non-agro. Non agro only solves the merc camping problem, this also reduces the farming by those not on the weekly quest, which to me is really a bigger problem. In fact I would have preferred that the window be 3-4 hours, instead of just 2.
  15. Ranga Active Member

Mobs are only required for the weekly so make it a weekly lockout for each toon. That still gives 336 opportunities per week to kill it at the old spawn rate :)
  16. Laiina Well-Known Member

I disagree - while making them non-agro might have fixed the camping with merc problem it would have done nothing about the farming problem, which on Oasis at least, is worse than the afk'ers. Makes it difficult to complete the weekly, especially in Tranquil Sea.
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

Farming? As in going from one spawn point to the next to see if they are up? I have no issue with that, because nothing is stopping you from doing the same.
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

Yeah good idea :rolleyes: I have a better one, lets just remove overland named mobs completely.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Would not removing Ferrin from the Solo-Named and instead making them part of the Daily Reward be a simpler way to prevent AFKFarming? Instead add Heroic/EpicX2 Named that drop Ferrin. A 2-Hour Prevention system as Wirewisker pointed out, is easily exploitable by anyone with an Excel document. The issue is people are camping them for Gems/Currency drops they posses. These named are also Soloable.
  20. Laiina Well-Known Member

What Ferrin? The only time you get Ferrin is if you are on the weekly quest.