Halls of the Green Robes: Antonia Bayle

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Guide Croakis, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Many thanks, Croakis! Looking forward to the next one, hope it's soon!
  2. Tallann Senior Guide

I'm EST-based, but I sleep during the day and stay awake all night -- always -- so I often do things during off-peak hours. However, I usually start a bit earlier than you suggested -- you're more likely to see me around between the hours of 11:00 p.m. PST and 1:00 a.m. PST, because that's 2:00 to 4:00 a.m. for me (we just always default to referencing things in PST, since that is SOE's standard). That should probably still be okay for you, though -- at least on the weekends, if nothing else. And, as Croakis said, we do have a few other Guides on the server who do things at times that should work for you, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled when you're in-game -- and keep watching this thread, too, because we do try to advertise things in advance when we can, although it's not always possible.

If you have specific requests (days and times that work well for you, as well as the specific quests or items you're looking for), feel free to let us know here, because that does make it much easier for us to get some things scheduled at times you'll be able to attend. Don't be shy -- requests are always welcome!

- Tallann
  3. Tallann Senior Guide

I hope you were able to catch this over the weekend, but if not, don't worry -- double status extends through next Sunday, December 28th, and the funny thing about people who ask for help in Norrath is that it's rarely a one-time thing -- they usually end up wanting more help a short time later. This shaman who has been plagued with visions of spirits lately is likely no exception to that rule.

- Tallann
    Pantz likes this.
  4. Pantz Active Member

Would love Nebulous Newsies once more now that I've discovered this place :)
    Mindsway likes this.
  5. Kytos New Member

For something completely different...might a hunt for fungoids be something that can be scheduled? Their shrinking caps are positively adorable! :D
  6. SandsMans Active Member

I wouldn't mind helping Grolk get some revenge in the Common Lands some evening on the east coast. :D
  7. Tallann Senior Guide

I'm sure those can all be arranged at some point in the not-so-distant future. Keep watching for more information!

- Tallann
  8. Draken New Member

Hi,

I would like to request Nebulous newsies on AB as well, I was in Cardin Ward with my Tailor Character doing some tradeskill quests and wondered why it was lagging like crazy, I did get the quest on that character, but he is only level 17 Adventure so he is a little young at the moment, by the time I realized what the quest was and logged in an appropriate level adventure Character the Guide was gone :(.

All my guys could do with a big bag not to mention the status.

I normally an online 5PM thru 12 midnight PST so would like it to be sometime in that timframe.

Thanks.
    - Drak
  9. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much for the party!

Slipps was exploring the goodies in the basement when Bellandu came down to make sure the chests were locked! *laughs* However I saw some of the dwarven axes which reminds me that perhaps it is time to offer the task with that recipe as the reward?
  10. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I promised people at the party I would pass along this information:

Knights of Freeport, present...

Pay It Forward, 2015 Frostfell Edition

When: Sunday, January 4, 2015

Where: Isle of Mara

Details: Is your storage full of stuff rotting away and taking up space? Do you want to use your crafting skills for more than writs and status grinds? Well, empty your banks and polish up your tradeskill tools! It is time once again for Pay It Forward!

What is Pay it Forward?

• Pay It Forward is an opportunity to help fellow players out and spread positive energy across the server.

Originally started and written by Jayne/Fille of the Freeport server wrote:What is Pay it Forward, you ask? Well it's a day when adventurers and crafters come together to donate crafted goods, items rotting away in your bank, plat, rares, masters ... you name it ... to young adventurers, asking only that they perform some random good deed for a complete stranger in return.

• We have done this several times before and everyone has a blast!!
    Why Isle of Mara?

• It has all the stuff we need! Tradeskilling tables, fuel merchants, bank access! It is also neutral and the tradeskilling area is located in a spot free from potential aggro.
    Who do we give stuff away to?

• With the changes in the level cap, far speedier level progression, and the introduction of Heroic Characters we have lifted the level cap on this event. Anyone in need, come on out regardless of level. If you need gear or a crafted quest update, come on out! Your only obligation will be to show the same generosity and kindness to someone else in need!!
    What do we need?

CRAFTERS!!

• Polish up your tradeskill tools and warm up your tables! We need crafters willing to come to Mara and spend a few hours making items and passing them out. In light of the ability to mass produce, I would like to encourage people to be gentle as we only have so much storage space. Ultimately, it is better if you come on out and craft on the spot. If you genuinely cannot make the event, but want to donate, please contact Arquenniel or Tajar so we can coordinate that with you.

A note on rares and rare items… Tradeskillers are not expected to donate their rares or rare items. This is truly the choice of the tradeskiller. If someone wants a rare item, they need to provide the rare or compensate the tradeskiller in coin or trade. Of course, if the tradeskiller wishes to utilize their stash of rares for someone that is his/her choice!

VOLUNTEERS!!

• We have some people who cannot make the event, but want to be generous. They make their items ahead of time. So we need people to help pass items out.

HERALDS!!

• We need people to bounce through the channels and zones to herald the event.

GUILD LEADERS!!

• This is an awesome opportunity to represent your guild. Come with your colors flying as a group and find a spot to hand out your goodies and some information about your guild!

DONORS!!

• Clean out your banks and come pass your stuff out. Again, I would like to encourage people to show up in person and hand their stuff out rather than fill up the storage spaces of the hosting guilds. If you genuinely cannot make the event, but want to donate, please contact Arquenniel or Tajar so we can coordinate that with you.
    If you are interested in helping out with this event, please contact Arquenniel via PM here, /tell in game, or in game mail.
  11. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

*eyes her post and sighs at the inability to actually edit it*
  12. Tallann Senior Guide

Thanks for the information!

At what time will the Pay It Forward event be taking place?

- Tallann
  13. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Good question! Usually it starts between 3-4pm EST and runs a good three hours.
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

Have I missed the chance to help the goblin get presents to Ami? any time during the day would be ok.
  15. Pantz Active Member

can the nebulous newsies quest be completed twice on the same character? just wondering
  16. Tallann Senior Guide

No, I'm sure there will be more opportunities before Frostfell ends.

I'm afraid embarking on that particular quest is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. It does not, however, have a once-in-a-lifetime availability -- it's not going anywhere, so there will be plenty of time for all your extended family members to gain enough experience to be capable of completing the quest themselves.

- Tallann
    Mindsway and Pantz like this.
  17. Tallann Senior Guide

For those on one side of the world...

On Saturday, December 27th, at approximately 11:00 p.m. PST / 2:00 a.m. EST (Sunday), in Obol Plains...someone who is in tune with the spirit world will be seeking volunteers to help a distressed soul.

And for those on the other side...

On Sunday, December 28th, at approximately 5:00 p.m. PST / 8:00 p.m. EST, in Obol Plains...that same shaman will be back to seek more help.

(Please note: while I hope to have the problem fixed in the near future, at this time, I am still frequently experiencing issues with my Internet connection. It is highly likely that I will get disconnected -- probably more than once -- during these sessions, but if that happens, just be patient -- I always return within a few minutes of a disconnection unless it's impossible for me to do so.)

- Tallann

Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Life™, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.

Additionally, one never knows when a Guide might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug or the Unexpected Spare Time bug and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "General" and "High_Level" channels that many of you listen to.
    Pantz and Mindsway like this.
  18. Spectre Active Member

Hopefully the quest: Nebulous Newsies will be available again. I am 9 hours ahead of PST and woke up early in hopes to get it today =)
  19. Pantz Active Member

Goodluck with your connection, you've got quite the gathering tonight.
  20. Spectre Active Member

Naylie is missing for the turn in =P