Dungeon Maker Changes Coming Dec. 16

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bashem Well-Known Member

Ya welcome to SOE pay it there way pricing plan. I too went over the pain of finding out had to pay for each merc slot seperatly and slot only covers that merc cant add new one to slot and they recently tripled price for those merc slots so they are making good money selling them and not likely to change that anytime soon! You can use the 500sc you get by claiming with your allaccess account and apply it to the slots or just keep going back to where you got the mercs and swap them that way. I just used my 500sc to buy them if wanted like have 3 on all 10 of my toons the 10 yr sk and pally and now added the CE mystic. Only other option would be to buy SC card in game to use for marketplace purchases. I got all my merc slot now so hoping to get 3500sc to make one of my toon instant 85 and I used saved 2500sc earlier to move an instant 85 toon had on other account that I made when it was a free offer!
    Izzy and Azari.Lite like this.
  2. Poinsettia New Member

I am just dumbstruck at those telling paying customers to quit playing EQ 2 due to them not wanting to take a long path to leveling their # 12 toon through the same quests over and over.

No matter how much I disagree with another fellow gamers play style I would never think to say such a thing to them.
  3. Llwellyn Active Member

This is not true at all; it's unfortunate that you misunderstood this before you spent your station cash in this manner. The mercenaries require 1000sc to unlock the ability to use them in the first place; that is the unlock for the mercenary feature and it is account-wide.

The individual station cash slots you see per-character are simply the ability to summon more than one mercenary on demand out in the field without having to go back to the mercenary den or physical location where you hired them. That is why they are marked as "hire-anywhere" or not.

The game is perfectly functional with only paying the 1000sc once - especially for certain classes who are only ever going to use one mercenary - and replace it very, very infrequently. If you are going to replace mercenaries in the field - you now have that option due to the slots - but that additional purchase was not required. Previously, you had to go back to rehire them no matter what. For classes that benefit from having mercenary flexibility, it's a quality of life improvement.
    Enoibia, Kalderon, Alenna and 4 others like this.
  4. Nantoh Member

Oh I haven't known there has been custom dungeons.I guess next tuning will come in a few monthes,so I will ignore those dungeons atm anyway.
  5. Zarik New Member

Any word yet on what, if any, reimbursement we will be receiving for those that paid for what they now consider an exploit?
  6. Noguchi Member

hope soe take this article out if someone writes people use bots to play it but is removed soe says dm was an exploit will not do anything atm ... soe devs out of power .... let's bring you a bit of santa claus redbull
  7. Sylvain Member

Don't forget to spend your DM marks that will be useless in a few hrs.

This morning I was attempting to spend all my DM marks as they become useless tomorrow. There was not much there I could use so decided to buy lots of the "Box of Endless Usefulness" 48 slot crate from the container section of the DM market. Logged out for lunch and to run errands. ( I decided I would redo all my alts banks etc.) Now I log back in to finish the renovation and they are missing from the container store! o_O

I checked with other guildies to make sure it was not just a bug. there is no point in a /petition *** tomorrow they will be gone anyway. Why were they removed? ... All I can come up with is spite ... please say it isn't so.

I really thought I was done posting in this thread but come on guys.
  8. Greedon Active Member

I just purchased Dungeon Maker less than a month ago. I would like a refund of my Station Cash. I suspect you knew well in advance this was going to happen. Dungeon Maker should have been take off the Marketplace. This does not build customer trust or loyalty.

G.
    Kalderon, Chillichips and Azari.Lite like this.
  9. Descord Member

.. This is very sad .. Really liked Dungeon maker .. I made like 7 diiferent dungeons with wandering and static mobs and named them all just to be silly. I had some of them saying things too. Never could figure out how to use the Actor item in there .. never seemed to work . Where u put the actor box next to one of the mobs and they turn into a non agro npc .. never talked or did anything after publishing just stood there. /shrug I really enjoyed runnin thru dungeon makers other peoples and my own will miss that . I liked that i could run thru it and not have to sort thru a ton of junk i just got marks i could spend when i wish at some time so not to clutter up my bags.
    One question why would u make an achievement to get soo many marks and not expect people to try to get that achievement of getting that many and then take them away ? Really not right. I feel like im being forced to spend all these marks in this short time or they are gonna be next to worthless.
    Why not make it so we can only use the Dungeon makers with the activators ? You know the creatures you let us become to run a dungeon in possibly, that way we can keep are marks and you wouldn't have to ruin a very great thing you created for us. i was hopin at some time id be able to buy the Chardok set up , and for the Dungeon maker to get better. That maybe ud spend more time with it cause its really awesome in my opinion. Lets people show how creative they can be with making dungeons too.

I think by making it so people cant stack the mobs might solve the problem. I know in eq1 we had a similiar issue with ogres in thurgagin entrance u couldnt pass them if they were in the entrance .. some ogres thot it funny if they sat in this hallway there was no way in or out then. Plz find a way not to destroy the Dungeon Maker.

Fast solution for now .. make it so people can only use the activitor mobs to run thru them. I would think that would solve it? Trying to help with a solution, dont know if itd work but rather not see the whole thing ruined entirely.

Thank you
    Descord
  10. Llwellyn Active Member

Other people have posted (and it may or may not have been in this thread) that there is some type of hidden limit on that particular item - somewhere around 12 or so. Once you hit the limit, that character doesn't see the item, but they are still in the store. You can try unchecking hide unusable, but it may not help for this particular case.

If the marks are account wide or heirloom, try buying more with a different character (the boxes are heirloom IIRC).
  11. Pixiewrath Active Member

How will this affect my Dev Pick dungeon "Scars of Love"? Will it be removed?

I think it's available on all servers unless that was removed...
  12. Caranthir Member

As far as I remember, the Dungeon marks will not be useless tomorrow. They will be phased out at a certain time in the future, but we don't know when exactly.

What I find interesting is that there is no real reaction by SOE even now, some days after they announced what they intend to do and got a lot of constructive (!) criticism.
  13. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

-Tuesday, Dec. 16 with our update, this is summary of the changes:
    • Turning off experience in Dungeon Maker
    • Dungeon Mark rewards will be removed
    • Standard decorating items, like layouts, spawners, will be available for free in the DM toolbox and removed from the Dungeon Maker store category
    • All Dungeon Maker dungeons will be unpublished so that decorating-focused dungeons can be republished (vs. the dungeons created for maximum experience gain)
    • The Dungeon Maker category in the store will remain for the time being for players to spend leftover Dungeon Marks
    • The Dungeon Maker feature will be included free for all players as part of the Free to Play experience
    I guess since the dungeon mark rewards will be removed with the update Tuesday, Dec. 16, the tokens will no longer be useful.
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

there are other things you can get like a 48 slot box, some consumables(unless they take those out) and even a mount. my understanding is those will remain so folks can use the DMs on them.
  15. Llwellyn Active Member

You should (most likely) read that as - dungeons will no longer reward marks after this update. I say that because of the line further below that says this:

The Dungeon Maker category in the store will remain for the time being for players to spend leftover Dungeon Marks.
    Shmogre likes this.
  16. Sylvain Member

Thanks, I did check the hide that was not it I also logged on other toons and still do not see it. of course only my main has the bulk of my points. I figured as there were heirloom that would not be an issue I put them in my shared bank for distribution but seems that was a bad idea as that may have caused me to reach that hidden limit you spoke of on all my alts as well.

This is all a bit of a bummer as it was really a very limited number of players that supposedly exploited the system. ( I am not reopening that can of worms) and really only those of us that just paid for the feature are hurt by this. I digress...
  17. Bashem Well-Known Member

Ya maybe I misread my comment was just assuming he already paid for the merc capability and was then mad having to pay for merc slots on top of it and saying how that worked and what options he might use!
  18. Gudum Active Member

For those who can no longer see the Box of Endless Usefulness in the marketplace, I'll repeat my previous post:

In short, if there are any in your inventory, bag slots, house vault, bank vault, or shared bank, the box can disappear on the marketplace. The old trick to buying several boxes was to stand by a merchant, and sell them off as you bought each one, until the merchant buy-back was filled, then buy them back from the merchant. That at least let you get a good amount before having to go through the shared bank.
  19. Sylvain Member

Thanks for posting and reposting ;) I will give this a try. ....

That did work. I also noticed that when I bought them with my alt after buying 9 boxes it would still allow me to purchase more, and would subtract the cost from my total DM marks but would not place any more than 9 in my inventory. So be careful of that folks.
  20. Vroya Member

There's a trick to getting as many "Box of Endless Usefulness" as you want. First transfer all of the Dungeon Marks you wish to spend on the (100 DM each) to a character that has no/zero boxes on him or the shared bank. Creating a new character for storage helps :p. Then, buy away - without closing the marketplace until you have the desired amount. It took a while, but I just bought 4 bags full, plus a couple Pegasus (for yet unborn alts). Was the only useful items I could think of getting. Just remember before buying that that character has no boxes already - even in the shared account.

Hope this helps ya'll - my poor tailor ain't gonna be selling many bags for a while - lol.
    Sylvain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.