Improving Our Alternate Advancement (AA) System

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Loch Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed it, but was it mentioned what would happen with Free to Play xp sliders? Seems silly to leave them locked at 50% still.
  2. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Overall I am pretty happy with this change, but I do agree that it would be nice to have more control over what parts of the AA trees are reset if you choose your own path. Page by page would be a great improvement. Hell I'll go back to the achievement councelors if that's what it would take to make that work ;)
    Hijinx likes this.
  3. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Huh. Well, damn. Yeah, I wasn't even thinking about this. xD Can we please get an answer? :p
  4. Lyndro Active Member

Fair question, we'll adjust it to add AA points to existing characters. It'll still cap at 280, but existing players will get more when they log in.
    Danejasho, Griff, Loredena and 3 others like this.
  5. Lyndro Active Member

We don't have any plans to change the slider for Free to Play players. Being able to move that off of 50% will remain a benefit for being All Access.
    Llwellyn likes this.
  6. isest Active Member

So what about the heck levels of 340-350, what are you guys going to do about those, are you going to tone them back to how regular aa say like 300-340 was, or are the still heck levels?
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Well, I guess on the plus side we'll hit our auto-grant cap early while F2P and be able to start working on the last 60~ish AA's XD
    Loredena likes this.
  8. Loch Well-Known Member

As a subscriber, I appreciate that you're continuing to keep the value of my monthly fee in mind.
    Danejasho, Kittybock, Fetish and 2 others like this.
  9. questcraft Member

Sigh..so if we bought the 280 aa potion, it gets bumped to 320? what if we just don't want it now... can we resell it to get our SC back?
  10. Loch Well-Known Member

Okay, now that I've had time to think about this, I have another question. Are AAs auto granted every level, regardless of whether or not you are further along than you "should" be? (as long as I'm under 280 AAs before level 90)

For instance, if I'm at 200 AAs at level 30, and level up to 31, I would still get 3 additional AA points, correct?
  11. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's why they mentioned that it's either 280 or 90, whichever is hit first. Which is going to be interesting for some peeps XD
  12. Lyndro Active Member

Yes. AAs will be granted on level up up to 280 regardless of how many AAs you currently have.
  13. Klayari New Member

Talk about a "silver platter', not much reason to do anything in this game anymore, just PL to 90 and only have to worry about 10 lvls.

And being able to use AA baubles at lvl 10, Wizards with Hailstorm, etc at lvl 10, that should really balance the game nicely.

As a lvl 73 wizzy with 240 AA points I dont want or need any free AA points, thanks for totally trivializing the game.
    Gaealiege likes this.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

See, now? This and some of the reactions in the DM change topic are why we can never have nice things.

Knee-jerk reactions to an initial change with the idea that there are no other changes incoming is just silly.
    oakmiser likes this.
  15. Llwellyn Active Member

The purchased AA baubles have always been usable at level 10. They are being awesome and allowing the ones granted for free to players via questing to also be used at level 10 instead of at level 90, where they would now be rendered literally moot. It does have an effect on your power curve in the lower content, yes.

It's not as drastic as you think - because you don't have the stats to back up the abilities. Hailstorm is useful and gives you an extra push - but it still has cooldowns, and you don't have 400% CB and potency driving it with 12,000 ability mod on it at those levels.

Some of the more drastic AA abilities will still be level limited unless you grind for them, because until they change the AA system again, some of them are locked by point allocations. You can't spend in Sentinel's Fate until you have certain point thresholds, and you can't spend in Heroic until you have 200 spent globally. Also - Prestige is level limited and begins at 90 - and that is where a lot of the true additional power and class-specific stuff comes from.
    Tierisch and oakmiser like this.
  16. Nocturnus Member

Fair enough. But what happens if a Free to Play person hits an AA cap? Will their slider hit 0 automatically? Just trying to understand all the variables here. :)
  17. Lyndro Active Member

Thursday's change won't adjust the amount of AAs that Heroic Characters receive when they unlock.
  18. Lyndro Active Member

I'll have to check to verify what happens in that specific case on live, but it was possible for Free to Play players to be AA capped before this change (They could have been previously paying players, they could have purchased the bauble, etc.). Whatever happened in that case before this change will happen in that case after this change.
    Nocturnus likes this.
  19. Harkoes New Member

This is a really great idea! Once they make all the dungeon zones in the game scale to level so we can go back and run old zones at high levels this will be a great thing. Now they just have to make all the zones scale all the way up to the end game and have the loots scale also.
  20. Nefarious Member

Can't please everybody all the time.