Feel the Wind Beneath Your Wings with the Aerakyn Player Race!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

These are some of the longer female hairstyles available. There are also additional mid and short styles, including a BALD option :)

Note: The Aerakyn Horns in these pictures is the Harla Dar's Lattice option.

Serpent's Grace:
    [IMG]

Voxx's Wing:
    [IMG]

Toxxulia's Tail:
    [IMG]
  2. Vallaria Member

I can't possibly be the only one who loves how the male Aerakyns look. Can I?

I was personally very pleased with how much character, and how handsome the males look. With those piercing eyes, that stout jawline, and mature features that draw me in, and make my purchase well worth it.

I'd never want them to change, or to look younger. I hope they stay just the way they are.
    ttobey likes this.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Try the Aerakyn on a Pteranodon.
    Vallaria and Shmogre like this.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Do this. It's awesome.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Oh I hate this . . . I absolutely LOVE the top one over all . . . .I like the front of the second one (not crazy about the back) and I adore the long braid . . . .but do not like the front.
    Oh decisions, decisions, decisions . . . . .
  6. Jaszwyn New Member

When I first created my male Aerakyn I was a bit disapointed by the look... I wanted Daeron Ashenwing and it didn't quite work out for me. But then his looks started to grow on me and with a few alterations I now have him exactly how I want, and in the end I have to agree with Vallaria, I'm happy with him just the way he is!

I started him as a monk and found the wing attacks so-so, there wasn't much difference with or without. For the fun of it I switched him to bruiser and wow! The wing attack animations are sooo different, and there's so much more to them, now I really feel like I'm playing an Aerakyn. I'm absolutely loving him. Very happy with my purchase!

Now please make my main girl happy too by giving her favorite merc (the actual Daeron Ashenwing) some of those wing animations and we're all set! I don't know if it's a glitch but he's been flying up when fighting some of the creatures in the new xpac recently, I was so fascinated I almost died when another mob snuck up on me... ;)
  7. Warlord Greebo New Member

guess im just stuck on silly. I am still lovin my freeblood cloud of bats form. My fancy gold trim vampire lair. and melee vamp swipe animations.
  8. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

A warning on that lovely straight long hair. It clips very badly with hoods on mage robes and such.
  9. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Love those types of clothes on my Aerakyn, think we need more of them please :)
  10. Ridolain Active Member

Well, I had gotten the Aerakyn, and reverted back to a human.

1. The wings block so much. I know for some it might not be a big deal, but sheesh I couldn't see anything as I was fighting.

2. The breath thing is not an attack. I could find nothing that did damage (unless I missed it totally). It did remove Arcane damage on you, but has a fairly long cooldown so .... yeah.

3. Wing attacks. Just ... eh. If anyone actually fought like that, you'd break your wings. Just looks weird.

4. Price. It's a lot of money. Not something I'd suggest just for kicks.

5. Appearance. Horns and scales on the body just mesh odd with the colors you choose. Hard to explain but when you color a horn, it doesn't stop at the base, but spreads out into part of the skin color. So if you have any on a male face, it can get hard to mix well.

I had him for a good while, but overall, nothing to really get excited over. I liked the Drakkin from EQ1 much better.
    Tierisch likes this.
  11. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Is there any possibility of adding more hairstyles (ones available to other races) and maybe making those new hairstyles available to other races? (The new long hair styles are beautiful!), beards for the male aerakyns, a more defined color selection (For example, if you try to go for blue, you get greyish tones) and a "no-horns" option would be nice, if not used often. An option for an actual RGB/hex code would be wonderful. The palate we've had since forever is nice, but the option to straight up code the color would be fantastic.
    Tierisch and HaphazardAllure like this.
  12. Sgorr New Member

I haven't read all of this thread so apologies if this has been mentioned before but I don't agree with the post above. (#384). If anyone has seen an Aerakyn sitting on a pteranadon they will understand just how ridiculous it looks. To have a sentient, winged being in this game that can't fly just so SoE can make more money is stupid and annoying.
  13. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Oh, they can fly, they just choose to let others do the flying for them sometimes. After all, we have feet but frequently use other means of transportation... ;)
  14. Sgorr New Member

That's a terrible analogy. Birds don't catch planes.
    Malleria likes this.
  15. Shmogre Well-Known Member

However, Kerrans do ride prowlers. Think of it as subjugating lesser species to do your bidding.
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I don't think many birds have credit cards to buy plane tickets.
    Shmogre likes this.
  17. Cinnamon Active Member

I going to take guess, assume you were one of the creators of the new race, and wonder why the wings were not more like mercenary's wings when not flying? They really do stick out and wish they went in more when not in use
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Aerakyn wings are a lot more complicated than the other player wings and need to be wider to avoid clipping issues.
  19. Cinnamon Active Member

Don't pretty much all wings clip that somewhat fold?
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yep. Aerakyn wings don't though.