New Guide Quest (Nebulous Newsies)

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Nezette, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

i was asleep when this quest was offered on crushbone unfortunately (
  2. Lizabethan Active Member

Crushbone will see this quest again tomorrow at 4 PM PST - so sayeth the forums, so sayeth we all.
  3. dingoPboy New Member

Is there some way to see server specific times when this quest is availible, tried google closest i could find are the SOE forums which give errors trying to read them.

Im on antonius bayle btw and i have to leave exactly at 8pm when it starts.
  4. Lizabethan Active Member

Dingo, use https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?forums/guide-and-player-events.24/ this forum (they don't do twitter or facebook announcements) and select your realm. For us on AB, that'd be https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2...-of-the-green-robes-antonia-bayle.262/page-23. So on AB, you'll find this quest being run:

• Friday, November 21st, at approximately 5:00 p.m. PST / 8:00 p.m. EST;
    • Saturday, November 22nd, at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST;
    • and Sunday, November 23rd, at approximately 9:00 p.m. PST / 12:00 a.m. (midnight) EST
  5. dingoPboy New Member

Thank you.

I didnt think to look through that thread for some reason. :)
  6. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Freeport Aezaar the Damned -101.92, -8.11, -165.06
    Freeport Imaryn Yth'Dare 19.78, -20.05, -301.84

Neriak- Argail the Vile -341.97, 26.45, 137.88
    Neriak- Misharu -110.30, 8.56, 322.38
  7. Virgatus Member

What are the respawn times for the Newsie's in the major cities? I still have one more to get.
  8. taleta Member

Thanks for this. I was able to get the disco on perma thanks to this info.
    Roewane likes this.
  9. Lizabethan Active Member

Added these, thanks.
  10. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Thanks for the info, Mysfit. I was going nuts looking for those. Added them to the Zam quest walkthrough last night.
    Roewane and Mystfit like this.
  11. Canth Active Member

Added to EQ2i for those that use wiki
  12. Hikariko New Member

Thank you thank you to the wonderful patient Guide Banedira Wolfsmourn who patiently handed out the quest to the Permafrost customers today at 2 PM PT. All my guildies are so excited about the quest and talking of nothing but that while they do it!
  13. dingoPboy New Member

Found a issue where some ghost would and wouldnt reappear for me tonight, when i was down to the last ghost i went back to the ghost i already set free and took his vial residue which ended the quest for me luckly it worked.
  14. IddyBear New Member

Anyone able to find savage entanglers other than switch instances? Anyone found them anywhere else in PS? Crushbone has a PS 1 and PS 4
  15. Nezette Well-Known Member

They're on the endangered species list. Just fly/swim all over the map. You might also want to give it a day or two. When I did it, I think there were only 3 or so of us who grabbed the quest. And even with 3, they were a slow/rare spawn. Then I was quoting Justin Beiber songs about my backpack in gen channel... The next time the guide showed up, folks flocked to Obol en masse! So... The octopi numbers are really really nearing extinction.
  16. Roewane New Member

I just want to say thank you to Drenz for doing an awesome job getting us all started on this quest last Friday and staying at least 3 hours to make sure everyone who was on and wanted the quest could get it. Also, whoever the guide was on Everfrost and Crushbone, you did great jobs as well handling the crowds of people who wanted the quest. I hope it comes to Crushbone again soon, since only two of us were on for my guild Saturday night.

One thing that would help with these guide quests is if people would dismiss pets and mercs so the guide doesn't waste time trying to give them the quest. It looked like the guide was tab targeting to give out the quest and pets and mercs would be interfering with this. Also, dismissing mounts, pets, and mercs helps eliminate the lag especially when over 100 people are trying to get the quest at the same time. And lastly, if possible make a group so if one person in group gets quest, you all do. Then move out of the area so others can get it as well. The guides are wonderful people who don't deserve to be crushed or made link dead because we're being selfish. Give them room and time to get the quest to everyone. Most guides will stay as long as there are people waiting for the quest.
  17. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Turtles, sharks and toxic eels seem to be place holders. Only those in Phantom Sea give the update, and they are found just about anywhere in the waters in the middle of the islands. Yes, that is a large search area and sometimes they are stubborn about showing up.
  18. Azomonas Active Member

Is there a set time that you have to complete the quest? I'm guessing you need to finish ASAP before the guide logs off?
  19. Nezette Well-Known Member

Nope.

If you finish before the guide logs, you get a bonus... no idea what that is because... that book was hilarious to find without a /loc and, sadly, you can only receive the quest once.
  20. Tallann Senior Guide

But you can return to chat with the shaman any time one happens to be around. They can probably be quite talkative when given the opportunity.

*whistles innocently and scurries off*

- Tallann
    Azomonas likes this.