3 new quests! Only 37 million each...

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Shraddha, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Shraddha New Member

Well, as an avid quester it made my heart skip a beat to see 3 new Catalogue quests listed as part of the new status items being sold by City Merchant. But then, looking at their price of 37 million each, could only shake my head in sadness.

It will take months of status grinding to pay for those! o_O
  2. Mezaka Active Member

As someone who enjoys quests, I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought the Cataloguing Vesspyr Isles: Rage Infused. I was easily able to get the first three mobs cataloged, but I am stuck on finding the Tumultuous Growth. Rumor has it that only certain classes with certain characteristics can see this mob.

As of today, I have tried various totems of seeing, old quest rewards that grant special vision, with no avail. So, I'm either missing something obvious, or, if this quest can really only be done by certain classes, then the quest should say as much so that people don't go wasting the status for it.
  3. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Part of the reasoning, and this is actually pretty darned awesome, those catalogue quests gives back 13 million personal status and it counts towards your guild. I just got my alt guild from level 25 to 37 in the matter of 10 minutes doing one of these quests.
  4. Rainmare Well-Known Member

yeah that is BS. the Tumultous Growth can only be seen and targeted by specific race/class combinations. the ones we found were HighElf/dirge, HalfElf/warden, Erudite/Warlock, Gnome/Ranger, Kerra/Beastlord and Dwarf/Templar.

there are I'm sure others, but it seems it's 1 class per race that can see it. that's kinda crappy to put that on a quest that cost 37 million status to get
    Almee and Quillyne like this.
  5. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Katana stop making sense. Thanks.
    Glassjaw likes this.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

13 mil status back is the LEAST they could do after making you pay 37 mil to get it. your getting back less then half the status you put into getting it.
    Belenos, Feldon and Quillyne like this.
  7. Ruckus Well-Known Member

This has to be one of the most dumbest things ever. I thought it was more along the lines of mages/priests being able to see it and scouts/fighters being able to see the other mob in VI zone that is the same way.

I know my high elf defiler friend was able to see it when I was grouped with her long ago, but it never showed up on my screen and she was having to attack it by herself. I even had her targeted and it wasn't showing up on my implied target window. My half elf swashbuckler can never see it.
  8. konofo Active Member

Hail, patch notes! This was fixed today.

Also, the determining factor reportedly had nothing to do with race or class, but some other quest that you've probably completed.

kono
  9. Ruckus Well-Known Member

All hail Kono, master of Konofu!
  10. Mystfit Well-Known Member

It said about this quest rewarded 13 million status points, but it only rewarded me about 6. Can anyone confirm it should have been higher? Or was it an oops that they fixed?
  11. Rakk Active Member

I know when I did two of them (I'm still trying to get status for the third), I'm pretty sure I got 13.3 mill status each time - this was in July though so things may have changed.
  12. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I put in a petition to check. Holding out hope that I'd get 13.3 mil back was one of the things that kicked me to do it ;)
  13. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Well, I submitted a petition regarding only receiving 5 million status on the quest and I was told that's the right amount. Day late and a dollar short I guess if it was rewarding 13 million before. Big change though.
  14. Elduren Well-Known Member

Is the status reward based on your level? I vaguely recall things like HQs giving less if you out levelled them so wondered if the same may apply for these?
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It definitely rewarded 13 mill when it was introduced. I think it may have seen a nerf after the last status weekend. Then again, that level rule may apply or repeating it might be why it's less. I'm sure it's my first guess, just because it gave 26 mill during double status, which was huge for guild leveling.
  16. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I'm really upset about this nerf. It would have been nice to have some mention of it somewhere, before I went and blew all that status I'm expecting to get a decent return on. It would be nice to have mention somewhere that this book quest is going to reward x status before someone goes and buys one of these. The price should also come down a bit.
    Gaealiege likes this.
  17. Kander Developer

We will look at this. I doubt anything was changed purposely. We'll get it fixed. We should probably lower the cost a bit too.
    Xsara, Gaealiege, Keller and 3 others like this.
  18. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Damn straight!
  19. Rakk Active Member

Cool, looks like I'll delay buying that third quest then until it gets looked at/fixed :)
  20. Gaealiege Active Member

Awesome! Thanks, Kander!