Changes to XP.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lare, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lare Active Member

I can understand that you think that is the case but for years now we had had people in our guild only log in and raid levelling was never the issue.

They never wanted to do instances pugs or quests and the game allowed you to do this.

Also I was never a big questor and preferred to grinded my levels AA's over doing quests and so many others did the same right from the beginning of EQ2. (and the amount of xp given in the new expac is a joke)

The issue is when you have a long term game where people has amassed large amounts of alts it becomes not feasible to level 15 to 20 level 95 alts to 100 the way they are suggesting. Its a massive massive time sink more than most will ever know as they don't even have 10 alts let alone 20.

For those raiders out their getting to 100 is paramount to progression so those F2P raiders going to suffer big time.

So it matters
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  2. Daray Well-Known Member

I'm one of those people that has a bunch of alts I still need to level, but this change to DM xp does not bother me in the slightest. Fact of the matter is it needed to happen. I already leveled two of my characters to max level in not too much over an hour each in my own custom designed dungeon. I can't really take those players seriously that don't see anything wrong with that implementation. Yes, it will take me longer to level my next round of alts now but the estimated 6-8 hours it will now take me per toon is hardly gamebreaking. As someone else said, the sky is not falling.
    Gaealiege, Livejazz and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Nolus Well-Known Member

I know this may sound a little crazy. But things are what they are. Take a deep breath, relax. Maybe, take a different approach? How about picking your favorite character, leveling that to one hundred. Play the new dungeons until you get bored, go to the next character and repeat. To me, I find it more fun that way. We all are different, but it's a game. It's meant for fun. :)
    Livejazz and Mizgamer62 like this.
  4. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I understand that raiders want to reach max level as quickly as possible so they can do just that. Questing is one way to level, and grind mobs is the other. I remember when the game launched that many of my fellow guildies (we were a raiding guild) that didn't want to quest to level formed groups and we did dungeons to level or just mass pulled heroic mobs in over land zones. We always managed to level and DM didn't exist. In fact, for most of the time this game has existed, DM wasn't a part of it.
    Gaealiege and Halanna like this.
  5. Gromz Member

I call bs on this. It took 6hrs to go from 90 to 94 in a very fast clearing DM group. Getting roughly 791 tokens per mission, and killing mass tons of groups of mobs. Each run took about 45 minutes to clear each time, and I only ended up with roughly 80% of a level each time.

Not sure how you "imagined" 95 -> 100 only took you an hour unless you had a Zerk or SK that was "Best" raid gear from TOV spamming you through DM runs like a crack addict, but for everyone else it was taking hours to make levels.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

I've not seen the facts.

Can you please tell me how much xp a level 96 ^^^ provides in DM after today's patch? Or really any level 96-99 would provide me the data point I need.

Thanks,
    Wirewhisker and Feldon like this.
  7. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

If you're saying it's a matter of money, I totally agree. SOE is closing loopholes for bypassing and trivializing content so that their players won't complete the entire expansion in a month, get bored, and quit. If they implemented all the suggestions on the forums, reaching 100 would take two hours, then you'd spend a week or two collecting all the gear you want from heroics, and then get all the raids on farm mode until next November.

When did trying to make the game last longer become a bad thing?
    Gaealiege and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. Stylish Active Member

DM xp affects individuals using them. It does not negatively affect those that do not. Look at how many people are not happy about it (which it affects) then look at how many are happy it was nerfed (which it doesn't affect). It is a no-brainer....unnerf DM.
    Alenna likes this.
  9. Droll Active Member

14xp per mob solo. 42xp per mob in a full group. In other words... NONE.
  10. Droll Active Member

Prior to DMs you didnt require ungodly amounts of xp per level, and there was actual population to group with.
  11. Stylish Active Member

Do you honestly believe nerfing DM xp after 2 weeks is going to keep the hardest of the hardcore from "getting bored, doing everything, and moving on"? The people that do that............will always do that. There is no mechanic in any game that can keep those players occupied/satisfied. You are setting up a strawman.....
  12. Daray Well-Known Member

My custom designed dungeon had 6 stacks of 325 mobs (per stack). I cleared it in 6-8 mins per run.
  13. Atan Well-Known Member

So it was reduced about 80% from yesterday then. If the numbers you are providing me are before bonuses.

That seems a tad excessive, but that sounds like SoE, they don't really do KISS.

I was expecting a 50-60% reduction.
    Wirewhisker, Alenna and Feldon like this.
  14. Droll Active Member

If DMs took you that long before 95, you did them wrong.

I literally got a 1000 mark done in 15 minutes gaining a full level each clear with a full group.
    Same dungeoun solo, half a level, but a little less time per clear, maybe 10 minutes.

I can agree that it was insanely fast... and could have used an adjustment.... But not complete and utter destruction.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  15. Droll Active Member

Nope. Thats with a pot and 60% vet bonus. So without bonuses, expect like 5xp.
  16. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I can remember as far back as DOF and it took my fellow guildies and I a while to level to the max so we could raid. Also, the more people can use tools to isolate themselves in this game or any mmo which is all about social play, the less that is going to help contribute to a healthy population (which includes grouping and every thing in between).
    Gaealiege likes this.
  17. Atan Well-Known Member

Heh, then that is a 97% reduction, might as well just removed it all together.
    Wirewhisker and Elinea like this.
  18. Sorwen Member

It should be because it is fun. There is no reason to force people to play the new content. "We put all this hard work in." isn't a reason.
    Alenna and Naramsin like this.
  19. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is how being a raider somehow entitles you to bypassing every other aspect of the game. Don't like soloing or heroic grouping? Tough, that's part of the game. I despising crafting, but when I desire the rewards I can earn by being a high level crafter, I darn well craft. Having to solo or group to reach the cap for raiding has been the norm for literally all of EQ2's lifespan. Why should you get a free ride past it? Every single player wants to reach the cap, and we all know exactly what that entails. Same thing it always has. All I am hearing is the crying of a child who's hand got slapped away from the cookie jar. You can eat your vegetables and wait for desert like everybody else.
    Gaealiege and Mizgamer62 like this.
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

I would like to thank SoE for posting these patch notes ahead of release.

Last night that allowed almost every person I saw login to run to DM's as fast as possible.

The previous night, it let us go transmute a few 1000 expendable items before that was changed.

(maybe you shouldn't post some of these ahead of time)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.