Sustaining Souls of Bloody Kithicor

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by TrulyVexed, Nov 13, 2014.

1. TrulyVexed Active Member

"Fill the phylactery with the souls of slain humans and Koada'Dal" - on Splitpaw (at least) there is nothing appearing at the highlighted spot on the map - you get the location flash up to indicate you're in the right place, the bloody battle of Kithicor but there is nothing there. Guessing bugged.
  2. Nunja Well-Known Member

Having the same problem. Not sure what the deal is. I read the notes on it and people posted that it was a night time spawn but I waited last night for the entire night to pass (game time) and got nothing.
  3. Xentin Member

So this event related to the quest seems to be very buggy right now. On beta all Kaitheel said was the Battle of Blood Kithicor is triggered by something in Kithicor forest and it might seem unrelated. It is a triggered event for in the highlighted area. They are a bunch of heroic ghosts fighting each other and you should just be able to click the phylactery on them when they are low hp. Last night the event was up on Butcherblock server but the mobs seemed to be underground. You could not reach them and they would not fight each other, they all just kinda stood in a mass pile and sometimes moved 3-5 steps.
  4. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Someone during beta PM'ed me that it was triggered by killing the non-respawn skeletons in the area of the battleground... I did not have time to test this then, and have not made it to this part now.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

I am told that there was an issue identified with the script of this event, yesterday. The subsequent fix should have been part of today's update. Please respond if you still encounter the mobs spawning but not engaging each other (and giving the response of "No targets in range"). Let us know what server you are on and what Phantom Sea zone you are in (2, 3, etc).

As for the mysterious triggering of this event, what I had said in Beta was:

~ Kaitheel
  6. xNeth Member

be careful not to group with someone halfway through. as soon I as grouped, the slain mobs stopped spawning after kills.

Now I get to wait for someone to randomly blunder into whatever the trigger is, because I can't risk leaving the area and missing it. can't wait.
  7. Xentin Member

as of 8pm EST on Butcherblock server the event is frozen out of range again. Phantom Sea 1
  8. Wigin Developer

Thank you very much we were able to determine what went wrong and we will be rolling out a fix soon.
  9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

So, we are gated on the signature questline until some random event is triggered by some random act by some random player? That is a bit too obscure for my taste. At least give a hint in the quest journal as to what is needed so we aren't sitting around wasting time and potions.
  10. Xentin Member

You can progress the signature quest line without completing this quest.
    Finwen and Shmogre like this.
  11. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

The next NPC won't talk to us until we finish this quest series. How do you get around this?
  12. Glassjaw Active Member

Remove the illusion you used to get the quest. It changes your faction and the npc at the docks wont give the quest till you remove it.
    Lateana and Shmogre like this.
  13. Materfarmer Member

So, is there any hint available, besides something akin to "the sound of one hand clapping" type of vague unhelpful clue, for spawning the quest mobs?
  14. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Thanks! I will try this tonight.
  15. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Well, no love for us. The illusion is gone and the NPC still tells me I need to finish the quests. Also, AoM faction no longer shows. But it did last night. There is no maintained ilusion in maintained spells or spell effects. They natives are hostile and still no NPC quests being given. And Destora J'Narus still tells me to figure this out for myself. This is broken or bent. This is bad.
  16. Lenolian Active Member

The signature line is definatly doable without this quest. You must have been missing some others quest, there is at least NPC at far seas dock that offer quests.
  17. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I think it was bugged. After I deleted the quest I was able to move on. Thanks for the suggestion though, it is a good one.
  18. Zenzar New Member

looks like its still bugged, on splitpaw phantom sea 3
  19. Gargamol Member

This still bugged. I saw it get broken in front of me on Thursday night.

I don't know if the whole group is meant to be killed, I accidentally aggroed a few with an aoe and died straight away. When I came back a defiler showed up and somehow was able to destroy all of the ghosts and the name in the center, at which point they all disappeared and never respawned.
  20. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Trying to do this quest Sat night, on Butcherblock. A load of ghosts are milling about in a tiny area but cannot be attacked/phylactoried or interacted with in any way. Game just says 'too far away'.

:(