Scheduled Server Downtime November 12, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at approximately 7:00AM PST.
    Estimated downtime is 1 hour.

EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at approximately 9:00PM PST. (Aprox. 5:00AM London Time on 11/13/2014)
    Estimated downtime is 2 hours.

Time Zone Converter

Update Notes will be posted in the Game Update Notes (live) forum HERE.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.
    Anghammarad likes this.
  2. Bookem311 New Member

They can't come to work any earlier than 9am the day after an expansion release?! Lazy PSTers! ;)
    megalophonous, Claudiana and Kalderon like this.
  3. Pumarah Member

Seriously Bookem311?!? First off they said servers are coming down at 7:00 AM and not 9:00 AM. Add to that factoid, is the thought that before they press the shutdown button, they are in the office at least an hour or more making preparations to take them down. ( Sounding warning bells in world and text messages, making sure the patch is ready to go and some final testing of the fixes going in, and so on.)
    Given the lateness of getting the world up yesterday (6:30 PM instead of 3:00 PM) due to last minutes glitches found, and no doubt several more reported via bug reports, my own guess is some of the team has not even gone home last night and burned the proverbial midnight oil to get the bugs fixed in order to roll out early today when those who did go home came in early to do this, handing the repair job off to them to final check and install.
    Please, support these guys for their huge efforts in the last 30+ hours to get this new deal out and going, and a bit less tearing down. No program is ever bugless, or without glitches and flaws. Heck look how often Microsoft has to patch their own operating system long after it's been released!
    Spira, Awkk, Lateana and 18 others like this.
  4. Antwinix New Member

Well said Pumarah!!!
    Alenna and Unayan like this.
  5. Unayan Active Member

I also strongly agree with Pumarah. On top of that this is a flipp'en game, If a game makes you flame, you must be a real peach in RL. ;)
  6. Antwinix New Member

People don't get it. But it's ok because those of us who do don't worry or have negativity in our lives. It's just a game, a pastime...and if it's more than that, it's an addiction.
    Lady Marlyn and Unayan like this.
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Sure its a game, sure some pay for, but, you can complain about technical problems.
    Doesnt matter, its ok, when you have peace and think "I dont care if i can play the game or not"....
    But it also doesnt matter if you think " I want to play this game, now"
    There is no wrong or right and supporters and admins, do whatever they can (be payed for to do), to keep the game running ^^
    I was in the mood " I want to play this game badly...." sadly no more ^^
  8. Geenofe New Member

I just think that the 1 hour down time is going to be blown out of the water lol...
    Claudiana likes this.
  9. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Sheesh... EU Players on EU Servers getting endboss loot a day later then (14 hours) *sniff*

Yes I mention that again...
  10. Greedon Active Member

Seriously if they are fixing what is broken, making it better why complain. I'd complain more about broken quests and no response.

G.
    Lateana, Lady Marlyn, Hijinx and 3 others like this.
  11. jimmyfrank Member

when the game goes live again in an hour all bad feelings will be washed away in the tranquil sea . yay for the expect patch fallowing an expansion . why be upset . when now's a good time to go do some push- ups
    Virgatus likes this.
  12. Bane New Member

I heard they are nerfing DM's and resetting everyone who got to lvl 100 in less than an hour yesterday to lvl 2! I also heard they were giving me $1,000,000 SC for suggesting it, but I remain skeptical.
    Fali, Feldon, Foretold and 2 others like this.
  13. Zookeeper Active Member

I think that any who have ever made even simple websites can attest to the fact that a single misplaced or mis-spaced item can mess up your content. I hate having to make fixes, because I often just don't see the problem immediately.
    Considering the amount of code that goes into this huge program, I would hate to be one of the people who had to scan every single line to find the glitch.
    Yes, I know you don't have to scan from page one. Even finding a glitch on a single page can be tricky because sometimes, you scan it and it seems OK. It sometimes takes more than one run to have the glitch jump out at you and shake you into acknowledgement.
    I don't know how many teams that they have, but a tired team who worked on it for an extended period are more likely to make a typo and then miss it when they are looking for the offending item that is causing the problem.
    This is not a "deal breaker."
    Charging for a game and ignoring glitches by shrugging them off and allowing bots to pack an area to farm items that players need is not really excuseable.
    Having occasional glitches and working to fix them is a different league entirely, and one that is commendable.
    Fortunately, the staff here have integrity and they do care about customer relations and fairness to players...even those who are not paying to play the game. They get to try the game out for free to see if they wish to pay for a complete version.
    All in all, that's pretty awesome.
    Yes, the higher price is a shocker. So is having Isle of Refuge as a home and a lot of the NPC's avaialable as plushies.
    Someone had to dig through a lot of old closets to pull those out and dust them off and recode for use as plushies and a house
    object. I assume that they were paid for that overtime work. Maybe that is partly where the higher price for this expansion comes from.
    Awkk and Meredithe_Soulsfire like this.
  14. Mayia Dirgylicious Member

I believe the original poster was making a tongue in cheek comment; hence the winky at the end of it.

Hilarious.
    Lateana, Fali, Shmogre and 2 others like this.
  15. Zookeeper Active Member

Jokes are not often discerned by readers...even if you use a smiley face.
    Just sayin'....
    megalophonous likes this.
  16. Lady Marlyn Member

If you really stop and think about it we (those living in the US) have shorter downtimes than those who live in EU. And in one hour I can have my coffee and smoke breaks, give extra love and attention to my cats, do some light house work, have breakfast, and watch a little TV. It is called Time Management --- Going with the Flow. Those of us that have been in the game for while know that when a expansion goes live there are going to be some bugs and last minute fixes --- Lighten up.:)
  17. Critana Member

Cant wait to get back on and attack this again :)
  18. Zookeeper Active Member

My goodness, woman -- In an hour you do all that house stuff and only pay token attention to your Cats?
    Where are your priorities?! The cats should come first, and if you have time to do the other stuff, breakfast is
    understandable, but then, when you do get back into game, make sure you have enough lap and snuggly spots
    for the cats.
    Naramsin, AngryConjy and Strings like this.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

I see what you did there.
  20. Xaochi New Member

Well, if it does have to do with the DMs... yeah.. I did a few and yeah... while I'm still not 100, it is a bit faster on the exps than it should be. BUT, they've known that for years.