Awesome Bonus Items for Purchasing Altar of Malice!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Panamon New Member

Here is an idea! Fluctuate the price depending on what people want from all the goodies. Show complete and specific stats on mounts, mercs, how much armor tokens improve armor exactly. Allow us to pick and choose. Then you would be informed of what people actually want. I would be curious to see the results for this as well. After reading most of these comments it seems some people like different things. Why try to force everything on every one when some aren't even slightly interested in some bonus items/rewards. If any of the rewards are purchasable by SC, make those optional for a discounted SC price. Considering we are in the age of the computer this should be relatively easy to accomplish, make SoE more money and Make everyone on here Happy! Isn't that the goal? Make the customers happy?
  2. Awkk Well-Known Member

I would also like to know the merc stats and cost to hire, these are good questions
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  3. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Been asking that for days; I find it deeply suspect that they won't tell us - just that it can cope well with the new zones.
  4. Buggabug Active Member

Well, I had planned on the CE then I actually logged in on beta and revised to not buy either one. I love the team but obviously the time frame given was no where near enough. And no merc/mount/gem thingies are worth forking over two weeks worth of grocery money.
    On a side note I will admit my husband has offered to get me the SE as an early pressie for the holidays, but I told him not to bother cause I have plenty of alts that are nowhere near max. Plenty of fun to keep me busy without having to pay for another new xpac.
  5. Eloscian New Member

Having talked it over with the husband we have decided this time not to go with either. Without the pre order discount we can't afford two copies of the SE let alone CE and I usually manage to stretch to at least one CE. Along with having to purchase the aerakyn seperately which is really expensive if you want the one that can actually use its wings we have both become completely disillusioned with the game. I was really looking forward to the aerakyn too :(

I'll still play on and off, I have invested eight years into this game but we just can't afford this for a game for ourselves when we have our kids Christmas presents to budget for. Maybe in 6 months I'll take another look.

In the meantime, I decided to go with the new WoW expansion instead, at least everything was included with no hidden extra purchases and it worked out cheaper so I can still afford Christmas. (Yeah, I know, let the flaming begin, but hey I play both games!)

See you in the summer...maybe ;)
  6. Hijinx Well-Known Member

No flames from me - I pre-ordered the WoW expansion months ago. However, just so you know, the se WoW expansion is actually more expensive than the SE EQ2 expansion. If you want to play WoW - great! If you're going to save money... you need a new calculator :)
  7. oldskool Active Member

The base expansion is more expensive in WoW. The 'collector' or 'deluxe' is cheaper in WoW.
  8. Hijinx Well-Known Member

And what does it include? Not much. Really, no one buys the CE in WoW. I mean that sincerely.
  9. Caranthir Member

I don't really like to sound negative ... but this expansion looks a bit dear to me (especially the CE).
  10. oldskool Active Member

Here is the collector's edition. It's 89.99. Same price as SoE's upcoming expansion.

The Warlords of Draenor Collector’s Edition includes:

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor — Get the full version of Warlords of Draenor on DVD-ROM.
    Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-ray Two-Disc Set — Meet the development team behind the creation of Draenor and its savage warlords. This two-disc set includes over an hour of creators’ commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
    Collector’s Edition Soundtrack — Immerse yourself in the sounds of war with the complete Warlords of Draenor orchestral soundtrack on CD.
    The Art of Warlords of Draenor — Witness the visual evolution of the expansion in this beautifully bound tome of exclusive Warlord of Draenor art. Through 160 pages of concept pieces, finished illustrations, and CG images, you'll delve into the art team’s vision for a Draenor under siege by the apocalyptic threat of the Iron Horde.
    Blackhand Mouse Pad — Arm yourself with a special-edition mouse pad emblazoned with the deadly warlord Blackhand.

Epic In-Game Content
    World of Warcraft Dread Raven Mount and Dread Hatchling Pet — Descend from the skies on the back of a black-winged Dread Raven mount, a mortal progeny of Anzu. Then devour your prey in your next pet battle with the adorably ferocious Dread Hatchling.
    StarCraft II Portraits — Summon the strength of two deadly Iron Horde war chiefs—Grommash Hellscream and Blackhand—as you take on the Dominion with these two StarCraft II portraits.
    Diablo III Warsong Pennant — Don this battle-worn pennant and channel the rage of the Warsong Clan against the demonic forces of Sanctuary.
    Hearthstone Card Back — Your adventures in Draenor will be the talk of the tavern after outfitting your champion’s deck with this custom card back forged in the fires of Blackrock.

Remember, one character boost to level 90 is included in the Collector’s Edition, retail and digital standard editions, and Digital Deluxe Edition of the Warlords of Draenor expansion. For more information on the content and features, check out our Warlords of Draenor web page.

All for 89.99.
    Sorwen likes this.
  11. Hijinx Well-Known Member

Ok, that's the boxed edition. I was looking at the digital edition. The one that you correctly pointed out was less expensive than the EQ2 digital edition.

When you compare the in-game content, you get a pet and a mount, 2 pictures and a deck for another game (Hearthstone). Is that comparable to spell upgrades and a merc?

If all you care about are out-of-game items, then you are right - it is a better deal. Do I need/want/care about a CD with the music of Norrath on it? I'd have to dust off the CD player and see if it still works. I certainly wouldn't want more than one of them, even if I had 4 accounts.
  12. oldskool Active Member

I think a common theme is that many players would gladly pay 89.99 for the EQ2 CE if it had more content. Some have mentioned out of game items like the collectors coins and maps from early expansions.

Others have said that 89.99 is financially too much of a burden no matter what. They might be able to swing 59.99 (pre-order price of previous expansions.)

I think the answer is very simple.

Basic Edition - 39.99

All In Edition - 89.99 (Includes new race with flying enabled, merc, pots and mount.)

Ala Carte Menu - All items that are available in the All In Edition can be purchased separately.

If this was the case, personally I'd buy the basic and then add on the merc. I'd be happy with that. It kind of irks me that in order to get the merc I have to get other stuff I don't care about.

Now that's Free to Play My Way. But maybe we're not doing that anymore.
    Sorwen likes this.
  13. Hijinx Well-Known Member

I agree that, for people who want out-of-game stuff, the WoW boxed edition is a better deal. However, what I hear people saying is they want a "complete game." And they don't feel the expansion is "complete" without the CE. I hear people talking about the in-game experience and the concerns they express are about that.

Does WoW include a new race in any edition? Nope. Does that mean their game is incomplete? You seem to feel it's a decent deal - or at least a better one than available here.

Would you be happy with your proposal if the se were $10 more, like WoW? With no discount for membership like WoW? They could make everyone pay more and make up the cost that way. That's what WoW does.

It seems like you want more al a carte. The interesting thing is that I'm having the opposite discussion with someone else in another thread. He seems to think the al a carte is driving up the costs.

Truth is, people just like to complain.

PS That flying mount from the WoW CE? Can't be used in the new zones :)
  14. Taiyla Active Member

What time does the expansion go on sale on the 11th? Is it midnight PST?
  15. Irish Active Member

Taiyla, If it is like this past EverQuest expansion; you can buy it right around the time the servers come back up.
  16. Amix New Member

So why is this mount not following the norm in prev xpacs?
    Fail. Big time.
  17. Poisonhawk Active Member

Hmm so many pages and questions! I might of missed this question and answer so please forgive me.

Does the new battle-Mystic work anywhere or just in the new expansion? (new content area only)

It reads as "in" (new content area) not anywhere you decide to go with the mercenary.
    Just want to be clear so there is no confusion like with the new race.....
    Balbasur likes this.
  18. Balbasur Active Member

19. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Just like other mercenaries, you will be able to take this one into other zones :)
    Poisonhawk, Kuulei and Griff like this.
  20. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

We do not have an exact time that it will be available yet, but hope to have everything set asap on the 11th.
    Taiyla, Kuulei and Griff like this.