Memorial Garden for a fallen friend

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Mezaka, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Mezaka Active Member

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that our in-game brother, Thases, lost his battle to cancer today. He was friend to many, formidable in battle, and quick to help those in need. A small memorial garden was set up in Inner Circle's guild hall, should people care to visit and/or pay their respects.

[IMG]

Farewell, my friend, you will be missed by many.

/bows head.

--Mez
    (Edit) P.S. Gholdmoon did most of the work, but others added our own tributes to it.
  2. Demy Member

It is lovely. Truly sorry for you loss.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Foretold Well-Known Member

Oh no... no no no...

Can't stop the tears. I will miss my friend very, very much.
  4. Lizabethan Active Member

My condolences. What a lovely tribute.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

Tonight was a very tearful night.

You knew him well. We raided tonight in his honor knowing he would not wanted us to mourn rather than raid.

Was not easy to do, but we know we honored him the way he wanted. We also renamed all of our pets to 'Thases' so he was with us one last time in spirit.

Anyone who knew him, knows just how awesome, helpful, and patient he was, He will be sorely missed.
  6. Geden Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss.... may your friend rest in peace.
  7. BettyKroaker Well-Known Member

My heartfelt condolences to you all.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gods-damned "Big C"...had 8 family members dance with it, and 7 lost. I completely sympathize! :(

Uwk
    who knows that Kipling isn't considered terribly "in" these days, but I like a bit of his stuff:

Glenorian likes this.
  9. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I stopped by the garden earlier this morning. You all have created a lovely memorial and a very touching tribute for Thases. The waterfall in the background was so pretty. (Sharing a larger image if that's ok, so that others who cannot visit may see what a beautiful memorial this is.)

My deepest condolences to all of his friends and family. I am so sorry for your loss :(

[IMG]
  10. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

so sorry for your loss, :( I'll go visit and pay my respects. -_-
  11. Noctew Active Member

I did not know him, but also having lost a fellow player recently, I know how you feel. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Very sad to lose someone so loved. Beautiful tribute to your fallen friend. May this be a place you all can remember the joyful adventures you shared together.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sorry, where is the Guild Hall? On Unrest, but what size is it, which city? Is it Published at all? :-/

Uwk
    Glenorian likes this.
  14. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

I was looking for it too, where is it located at? :confused:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Foretold Well-Known Member

Antonica, Tier 3 on Unrest.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks! Found it (with a Silver alt). Didn't have the rights to use the T-port system, but didn't need to; it's just off to the left of the main doors into the "castle" itself, in one of the wing/alcoves. Beautiful. :~-)

Loved the book! And the really simple way to do an awesome waterfall! :)

Did he know you folks would be setting up a tribute for him? Did he get a chance to see it?

Uwk
  17. suka Well-Known Member

so sad when we lose people - no matter what the disease or by accidents or however. my condolences and sympathies to you and all who miss him. and the memorial is well done.
  18. Foretold Well-Known Member

It was built several months ago, but his likeness and the memorial stone, etc were not there. He, of course, knew what it was built for. He handled his terminal illness with an amazing amount of grace and strength.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  19. Atan Well-Known Member

Yes, he was able to see it before he passed. We set most of it up over the summer and he actually had the statue/actor. Our agreement was he would place the actor in the garden when it became time. A couple days before he passed I saw the actor got placed, so we knew times were dire.

But he got to see it all. It started off about 6 months ago as a last wish of sorts where he asked me if I would set up a 'Thases the Fallen' themed guard / mannequin and place it somewhere quiet in the guild hall after he passed. He wanted part of him to persist in EQ2 after he was gone. I said sure thing, and he said, "good, lets not discuss this again as its sad to dwell on".

I knew we could do much better than that, so several of us got together and put together this memorial, we slowly built it out over time letting it take shape slowly as to not draw much attention. I think only in the last few weeks/months as we placed the books and some personal items that most everyone in guild started to realize what we were doing. Much of the design and framework is credited to Gholdmoon for the general concept, but many have added little touches.

To answer some of the questions. Inner Circle Guild Hall - Unrest Server - Antonica Tier 3.
  20. Foretold Well-Known Member

Hey, Atan... is it possible for me to place a book in the memorial as well? I'd like to add to it. Let me know if so, and who I should give it to. I was looking for something there that I could I write in, and didn't find anything.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.