Scheduled Server Downtime October 7, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Akina_Storms Active Member

quarter past nine. Storms still up.
  2. mitsybitsy Member

aye think they skipping us EU for today seems though they broke crushbone.

same old though nothing will ever change EU at bottom of the totem pole.
  3. Blurr New Member

Lots of Sony employees playing around on Beta..I realize they are not the ones who can fix Crushbone...but for some reason it still makes me angry...I guess Im more mad at myself for actually taking a patch day off. After over a decade of Sony's great update record, I should have known better. Wish I didn't feel this way.
  4. Starcloud Member

Since CrAshbone is down I went for beta. Created a new toon and started to look for the beta buffer .. not there 0.0.
    Gninja lvld me from 0 to 95. BUT hahaha no coin and no gear. At lvl 95 my CC is 16% ( dont you dare to laugh lololol ).
    Standing on the new beach I was ambushed by a spider .. I was on my back so quick I almost thought I was on a date.
    Ah well it is 21:26 hour for me and still no CB /soooo gonna cry
  5. Kral New Member

/wave Star! Give some greetings to the rest of the bunch and good luck wit the update!
  6. Celrath Member

So the servers are back online yet my research assistant and spell research are unavailable. Why exactly was this update delayed only a week?
  7. Blurr New Member

CB just cmae up, I see no official post so letting you all know
  8. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

The Crushbone server should now be up and running. Thank you all for your patience.
  9. odaVam New Member

interesting,

same issue here, after 4 chars spoke well with my assistants. "here" is Valor ö.0 we're still up
    Kalderon likes this.
  10. Jelmei New Member

Huzzar CB is finally up my Cat thanks you. :)
  11. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

And any new ETA on Euro servers?
  12. Blurr New Member

Luckily TS Apprentices dont work though...what a waste of a day off
  13. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

EU Server Downtime has been rescheduled for 9:00pm PDT tonight. (This is 5:00am London Time on 10/8/14).
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Awesome, whole nights raiding wasted because we were told downtime in middle of it, just to find we get patch at the normal time the day later.
    Feldon likes this.
  15. Akina_Storms Active Member

good news...
  16. Feylone Active Member

Oh no! Not that! Guess the other 364.25 days of the year are just not able to be used for raiding. :confused:
  17. Wanic Active Member

Should have just stuck to the delayed time, most had accepted it by now.
  18. Dahakon Member

lawl well guess that answer sums it up then, patch as normal tomorrow for EU.
  19. Strac Active Member

perhaps train your reading comprehension skill before attempting to ridicule someone making a valid statement. Raid was canceled because a SOE official posted that servers are going down noon PDT which heavily colided with regular raid time.

How about just once every 10 years, EU servers get patched first, and then the US. you know, see how they like it and never get the chance on WW discos.

It's the same low quality communication for over a decade now including EQ1. Heck, the CM doesn't even understand what EU players are upset about. I can try formulate it as short and easy as possible:
    SoE said: ALL servers go down the same time.
    What really happened: US servers go down and start geeting patched. On time.
    EU servers: nothing happens at all. until several hours past the initially confirmed downtime.

If you don't have the manpower to bring down all servers and patch them at the same time, you simply do not claim to do that. Just admit you don't give a darn about anything non-US and post the real time you will graciously patch the servers.

Hey at least you seem to value our money the same. aside from exchange rates not even being close to real world rates.
    Kinya and Feldon like this.
  20. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

From what I have seen on Freeport and Permafrost it is a VERY GOOD thing that the EU is being patched later