Scheduled Server Downtime October 7, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Saihung423 New Member

For me, magenta is the easiest. Or fuschia. Yeah. Fuschia.
  2. avashi Active Member

Oh really???? *Starts berating and screaming*
    Feldon likes this.
  3. Juggle New Member

Well it seems they are patching the fixes but all servers are up in eq2 but 3. Why just these 3 are broken is beyond me. It's now two and a half hours and still no update. Hopefully we will here soon when and if we can log in today.
  4. Ranga Active Member

Eu players are used to not being a priority, it's nothing new to us. Just don't take the servers down during prime time. Please.

Don't do it at noon PDT. Do it in the middle of the night (our night)
  5. Kinya Active Member

Noooooooooo :(
    It is raid time on EU servers :(

Please start at 2pm PDT so we can raid in peace? :)
  6. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Good luck finding a Server dev in the office around that time, you all are about 9 hours ahead of PDT, so noon their time should actually already be about 9PM your guys' time 0.o

Edit: At least 9 hours ahead, starting from England and moving to the Right :p My bad.
  7. mitsybitsy Member

I Don't want to bring this up but if you read the notes it says.

All US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 7:00 AM PDT.
    Estimated downtime is 1 hour
    All EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, October, 2014 at 7:00 AM PDT. (3:00 PM London Time)
    Estimated downtime is 2 hours
    so if you read them carefully they could take there time and patch the EU next Tuesday lol
    Kinya likes this.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

The problem with this is then EU servers would never get server discos and always be 17 hours behind on seeing new stuff.
  9. Daenys Member

Yes. But 9PM for us, it's raid time/prime time.
    Kinya likes this.
  10. Ranga Active Member

8pm. We are 8 hours ahead starting from England and moving to the Left lol. If we went the other way, we would be in tomorrow, you would be two days behind and you don't even want to think about that.

If they can't be bothered to stay late to fix the issues they caused, they should fix it 7am PDT tomorrow. IDC that I have to wait an extra day for my first GM.
  11. Ranga Active Member

That's how it's always been until quite recently. That's why it was changed. But the change clearly hasn't worked so the best compromise for me is to do it while we are (or should be) asleep.

I understand what you are saying Feldon and all joking aside, I am not berating the devs, they should just know when to delay rather than push ahead. They scheduled our update for the same time as the US, they didn;t make it so in these circumstances, drop te update to 7am PDT tomorrow. As long as they don't stop endeavouring to coordinate future updates, that's fine but on the occasions it goes wrong, for me, 16 hrs and a raid is better than 8 hours delay and no raid :)
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

The EQ2 team are between a rock and a hard place on EU patch times. One time affects primetime for guilds, the other means EU servers would miss server discos and always be 17 hours behind on playing new content.
  13. Saihung423 New Member

Going through...withdrawal...real world creeping in...employees looking at me like I should do something...I think they want me to finish a heritage quest...can't let employees down...Antonia Bayle where are you girl? Where are you?
  14. ScarlytteBlack New Member

To be completely fair, I was playing GW2 a few months back when ANet was under DDoS attack. Most of us found out through other players, not through ANet. I get the feeling that most companies won't admit there are huge problems until they absolutely have to.

Plus they might not have an estimate of when the servers that are having problems might be up, so all they can say is "we're still down, please be patient" which is pretty much what they tell us at the beginning of any downtime cycle <G>.
  15. Ranga Active Member

I did notice this earlier and I lolled. I took it as a typo not an intention :)
  16. KitKat New Member

Nothing ever changes with SOE... Just give them your money and their happy! /sighs
  17. vampiregoat69 Member

I am confused it said 1 hour it is now 10am 7-10 is MORE than 1 hour.
  18. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Since you used the term 'Employees', they probably want some goddamn supervision :p
  19. Saihung423 New Member

*they're

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

My server is down. Spell checking is the only game I have to play right now.
    Katz, Foretold and Avahlynn like this.
  20. Altho Well-Known Member

Any ETA on Crushbone?