Scheduled Server Downtime October 7, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 6, 2014.

1. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Did you actually read the first page of this thread ?? Or perhaps you just stopped at the word ALL. Open your mind and read the first two sentences.

To quote:
    All US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 7:00 AM PDT.
    Estimated downtime is 1 hour

All EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, October, 2014 at 7:00 AM PDT. (3:00 PM London Time)
    Estimated downtime is 2 hours
    The update is happening now, just might take a little longer.
  2. Jerpa Member

But our server is still online, its not been taken offline.
    Feldon likes this.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

I've asked and asked if they can make it so the Server Status widget also checks whether SOE's pool of shared Login Servers are allowing connections to game:EQ2, region:US. Until that happens, you'll often see "servers up" but you can't connect. I'll try e-mailing the platform guys since we have new guys.
  4. Ypselon New Member

The Problem is that the EU Server are online. And we have now 03:55 PM London Time ....
    Kinya and Feldon like this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Storms, Valor, and Splitpaw should be DOWN. They are not. Free your mind, and the rest will follow.
  6. Sucha Active Member

Grimjack, that site says servers are up, but if you look to the right it also says they are locked. This means they are most likely doing QA checks before opening the servers for live players. The page is correct. Just because you cannot play due to them being locked does not mean they are down - 2 different meanings.

Edited to clarify - talking about US servers not EU.
  7. Noobtroub Member

for me this just boils down to lack of communication, there has been no word on wether we are getting this update today or tomorrow morning......

as ive said in a post before surely someone can find time to post an update on this
    Jelmei likes this.
  8. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Well that sure beats me here, staring at a 'we cannot find world Antonia Bayle' message, doesn't it? This is a heavy update, it might have....issues...(everything has issues in computer software. Everything.)..and thus they might be struggling to get the US servers patched without them being made into lime jello, as someone wisely put it.
    ScarlytteBlack likes this.
  9. Noobtroub Member

if this happened tho surely they would update us on this issue? cant just leave us in the dark o_O
    Avahlynn likes this.
  10. Biofia New Member

New Master Spells=more power HEHEHEHHEHEH! Nice I can't wait to try them!
  11. Morfydd Active Member

Apparently the US servers are taking more of their resources than expected. If they don't have the resources to patch both sets of servers at the same time, why would they arbitrarily just take the EU/Asian servers down when they aren't actually doing patch installation on them yet.
  12. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Well...........not to sound unkind to soe, but I think we can all admit that soe sometimes ain't the best in the 'keeping us updated' part. :( Fingers crossed we all get updated safely and swiftly today.
  13. Grimjak Member

Sucha, NOW they are showing locked.
    30 minutes ago (7:30 am, PDT) they were all up with low population but hadn't received a response in approx 30 minutes which would normally indicate that they were down.
    The fact that the server status page ever shows useful info, even if it's only for a brief period when the servers are coming back up, is a mind-blowing bit of information. I don't think I've pulled useful info from the status page in 5 or 6 years (when I finally gave up hoping the page was marginally accurate).

At least this is giving me some unplanned time to dig into my statistics HW.
  14. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

These are the correct scheduled server down times for each server. I am looking into why there was a delay and will update you all whenever I have the information.
    Kinya, Feldon, Jazabelle and 2 others like this.
  15. Elowith Active Member

Is beta up? Am getting a message that my account is not authorized, and see nothing other than 'around the same time' on the boards for beta launch.
  16. Ranga Active Member

1hr 10 mins late for SP so far. I do hope they are not going to impinge on prime (raid) time again :(
  17. Noobtroub Member

ty for updating us better late then never ! :)
  18. Kalderon Well-Known Member

If they could would fix the errors, get on the us servers, i would wait ^^
    But normaly, it just takes a bit longer, before the (almost) same error het EU servers ^^
    (btw. i´m at work, so i´m fine ^^)
  19. Elfie New Member

But I LIKE Lime Jello.
    Evisca D'White likes this.
  20. Elite Active Member

Stoked for all of the things.