Altar of Malice Zone Preview: Brokenskull Bay

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Lyndro, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Lyndro Active Member

Many years ago, while lost in a storm on the Tranquil Seas, the Brokenskull Pirates came upon an uncharted island. The pirates found a secluded cavern to the leeward side of the island to weather the storm. When the seas calmed, they set out to explore the new land, hoping to make a permanent port in the bay that protected them from the storm. Instead they found the urzarach, a sentient race of creatures that are part bear and part spider, who claimed the land as their own.

[IMG]

The leader of the Brokenskull Pirates, the cursed Captain Krasnok, saw the existence of the urzarach as a boon, since few would find the pirates hidden near such terrifying creatures. Through manipulation and lies, the pirates convinced the urzarach to allow them to build a home in the cavern that protected them from the storm. Brokenskull Bay, as it became known, grew to a vast subterranean city, where the pirates stored their plunder and launched forays into the seas.

[IMG]

Sensing treachery from the pirates, the elders of the urzarach began to discuss ways to drive the pirates from underneath their home. Before they could act, however, a sickness struck that poisoned the minds of many of the uzarach, turning them feral and causing them to attack their kin. The malaise spread quickly through the urzarach of Death Weave isle, but before it could infect the population, the elders received a message from Krasnok that threatened to spread the sickness to the entire colony if the elders ceased their cooperation.

[IMG]

Now, the Brokenskull Pirates lay protected underneath the island, using the urzarach as a bulwark to guard their shores from intruders. Brave the shores of Death Weave and discover what secrets and treasures the Pirates have hidden among their plunder.

Altar of Malice is scheduled to launch on November 25, 2014. All-Access members have the chance to begin November 11, 2014 and get a two week head-start on the adventure! Will you be there to discover what treasures are lay hidden in the Tranquil Seas?
    Siren, Deveryn, GIndotto and 4 others like this.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Pretty snazzy art! I'm getting excited, come on November!
  3. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I really hope there's a Spiderbear raid boss. Also a spiderbear warder for Beastlords.
    Gninja likes this.
  4. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt there will be a spiderbear warder...but it would be nice heh.
  5. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I'm 100% positive there is, including 1 more.....Gotta know where to look :)
  6. Armageddoux Active Member

Feldon likes this.
  7. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Armageddoux likes this.
  8. Awkk Well-Known Member

No pic of the spiderbears!
  9. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Beastlords DID get Tame: Insect later on. Wouldn't be surprised if by combining your abilities to tame Ursine and Insectoid monsters, you were able to gain a 'new power' and charm Spiderbears.
  10. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Kudos to the design team, these screenshots are looking very unique and explorable! It must be fun seeing all the artwork come to life in pictures and hopefully soon in Beta!
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

In case anyone missed it, here's the EQ2 Altar of Malice zone flythroughs re-cut to some of the Tears of Veeshan zone music.

If you don't like the pacing or music choices, that's my fault not the EQ2 team's. ;)
    Raistlin and Tylia like this.
  12. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Not to be pushy, but.. any word on what Collector's edition will have for goodies? /crosses fingers for houses on each toon, maybe a personal house version of the Highkeep hall, or something from the pirate city.... maybe an upside down temple.. or a pigmy hut with some jungle... or something with those walkways? XD so many possibilities!
    Possibly some spell research scrolls to get the attention of people who aren't into housing, a couple xp potions, a pigmy merc that heals or buffs.. a coercer merc that captures a mob maybe? Or a necro/beastlord merc that summons a pet dinosaur?
    Oh! A pygmy illusion would be fun. XD
    So many possibilities. XD I look forward to seeing what they do add. ^_^
  13. Raistlin New Member

Can't wait for this expac. Hope the collectors edition has some nice goodies as well. I love all the aspects so a new house and some spell scroll would be nice:).
  14. Kander Developer

Urzarach are sentient, so they would never be a beastlord warder. Now as for raid bosses, I am sure they will make an appearance somewhere. =)
    Neiloch and Feldon like this.
  15. GIndotto Well-Known Member

I don't believe it Kander! :p
  16. Kander Developer

Oh and possibly a mercenary. /wink
    Feldon likes this.
  17. GIndotto Well-Known Member

This has to be fake. It's not even on Reddit.
    Wirewhisker and Calthine like this.
  18. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Ah, right. Idk why, but they don't look like they'd be sentient. Had to think about that then realized it was you posting :p

Kinda surprised, but also have a feeling we'll be helping them out some....hopefully. Because my Brokenskull hatred went up from 49,999 to 99,999 just now.
  19. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I think somewhere in the last newsletter they mentioned that spider bears are sentient. I was trying to remember where I read that when I posted last, but I didn't mention it since I couldn't remember exactly where. But when a dev says it, I believe it's confirmed. =P
    I bet they are going to have some deep gravelly voices. XD
  20. Cheesenabber Active Member

Will they tell everyone they are born of spiders/bears?
    Feldon likes this.