What are the best 4 tradeskills

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Vudd, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Putting in my 2cp, I have lots of toons on Silver accounts, where you can have, at most, 4 character slots. What I use them for is house-visiting, so actually only have 2 toons per server, 2 servers per Silver account (4 total). When I'm that constrained, I do Tailor and Woodworker, and choose classes that take leather or cloth for armor, and anyone that can use wooden weapons. ;->

If I went with all 4 slots (like I can on my 4 Silver accounts, since you can get 4 more "free" character slots on a non-US server if you're US-based [and vice versa, of course], and 4 on Public Test, for each Silver account, so 12 characters total on 3 different servers), I'd do Tailor, Woodworker, then...hmm. Maybe Armorer and Provisioner (food and drink on the Broker can be MASSIVELY expensive. Don't believe Provisioners when they say that making 2-4 items per build [instead of the measly 1-2 now] will bankrupt them and destroy the in-game economy). The Scholar types I always save for my last 3 characters made when I do the full nine (which I usually do on a Gold server). ;->

Much as I like Carpenters, they can do strong boxes...and Tailors can do backpacks, which actually level up in slot capacity before strong boxes do. Decorating is cool, but if you don't have that luxury of slot space... :-/

Uwk
  2. Vudd Member

, I have @300 of those 6 hour 25% potion

What tradeskill makes those i could use a few dozen :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They're random rewards you might get from your Apprentice patting you on the head for a reward for you making them stuff. ;->

Uwk
    who just got one the other day...meh /shrug (if they were like 110%, you wouldn't be needing a few dozen)
  4. Bashem Well-Known Member

I make my tradeskill to help my own toons with needed items as they level so my tailor, alchemy, jeweler, sage were my first to make now I have 10 95 crafters one one each and 2 woodworker because woodworker was easy to level mats and writs wise. all have epic earring to see the red shinies and have pack ponies to keep me from harvesting tier 10 stuff and getting me some rares. Also do dailies and can get 200 etyma on weekly TS and 20 a day on daily quest.
    Jaden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

This answer probably doesn't help (even though it is an absolutely truthful response), but I'd say that the four best tradeskills are (1) whichever primary tradeskill benefits the character the most*, (2) adorning, (3) tinkering, and (4) transmuting. :p

* By this I mean the tradeskill that will result in the least amount of coin outlay for that character's needs.
    Deveryn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Bashem Well-Known Member

I agree. I forgot about the secondary tradeskill. I have max skill 1 adorner, 3 tinkering 5 muters as well and as I get any other adventurer to 95 will make them max muter. I can also make any recipe that requires draconic incense to make for ToV items which is great skill to have. :cool:
    Jaden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow! How long did it take you for all these, and how did you do it? :D

Uwk
    who only has one maxed, Uwk himself (Armorer; got tired of buying gear "off the shelf")
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Ok I've resisted as long as I can. Here are the 4 best tradeskills:
    • Scholar
    • Craftsman
    • Outfitter
    • Tinkerer
    ;)
    Jaden, Alenna, Shmogre and 6 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Good answer! ;)

Uwk
  10. Ahupu Well-Known Member

As I said completely hypothetical...

[IMG]

...oh and 12 of those are for max level crafters. Slowly working on the rest. And to answer the time question, I personally have been playing for just under two years (like 3 days under), but I did not take up crafting seriously until about 4 months in, and had those first 9 done within 6 months. The rest I have been slowly but surely leveling up.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

SIX MONTHS?! What'd you do/how'd you do it? Is there a contract with a really nasty-looking quill pen somewhere? ;->

Uwk
  12. Bashem Well-Known Member

The Secret To Leveling Tradeskills is grind, grind grind and more grinding. Oh and did I mention you need to grind tradeskill to level them faster ;) Today fastest route one your level 20 then go hang out the the advanced tradeskill writ guy. The plus is you get at least a million in status and probuly enough faction to do the 40k faction items. The other part of leveling for me is always have vitality so you get the bonus form that and use at least 100% xp potions and make the day all about grind those writs. When we have server bonus that helps greatly too and I use the 1-6 keyboard to make stuff as due to already having neck and back problems. Take breaks as needed also. GL.
    Feldon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, sigh, I was afraid of that...if there's something more boring than grinding at the craft stations in the game, I really can't think of it, especially with my poor Provies (thank the gods there's a lot of lovely kitchen stuff to decorate with in the game! I just wish the Provies themselves could make more of it). Thank Domino we have a lot of tradeskill QUESTS, as well! That was brilliant! We need more! :D

Uwk
    who'd also like to thank whatever genius it was (was it Domino's last gift to us?) that made the "dailies" show up like every time you turned in one...the Thurgadin one springs to mind. Needed 40K faction with the crafters there, and thanks to the "dailies" being infinitely repeatable during the course of one day, I got it pretty quickly...and with a nice mix of different quests/writs/whatever you'd like to call 'em ;->
  14. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

My recipe for tradeskill writ grinding is music that I love in the background, and snacks. Gotta have the snacks. Having a pal on Skype is a good thing, too, especially if they are doing writs, too. You'd be pleasantly shocked how far a single and wandering conversation on 'politics, parents, taxation, pms, chex cereal versus granola, and if you lived in Norrath what city would you chose for your home' can take you. Twenty writs at least!
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Can't eat while at the computer (drinking is one thing... ;->); no room at the desk for silverware and plates, and finger-food is right out, since a) I haven't sanitized the keyboard/mouse since we bought them (licking the fingers clean is also right out), and b) crumbs, grease, etc. on the keyboard/mouse is verboten by me and everyone else in the house. Even this new rig isn't up to Skyping at the same time, and I don't multitask well at all. Music saves me, though. ;->

Still hard on the butt. And the fingers/wrist/hand. And the attention span. X-P

Uwk
    whose mount "bumper sticker" would read: "I'd rather be killing." ;->
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Do we still have ways to get the lovely blue 100%+ xp potions? :-/

Uwk
    who thinks the mere 75% potions on the Loyalty Merchants (and the Marketplace, if memory serves) are a joke and not nearly worth the cost (especially on the Marketplace) :-/
  17. Ahupu Well-Known Member

To answer your question Uwk. I leveled one toon a day from 1-30 for 8 days (I had leveled Ahupu here all by herself so only had the 8 other trade skills to do). Those levels have the quickest leveling from questing and that can all be accomplished in a couple of hours, maybe more if I am distracted. After all 8 were at level 30 I concentrated on single crafters and did 5 levels per day to level 85 and then on the last day I would power through the last ten levels. Five levels is (worst case without vet bonus or vitality) about 15-20 writs, which for me range in time from about 5 minutes per at level 30 to just under 3 minutes at level 60. In other words right around an hour per day. Lower levels take less XP but crafting is harder for the character, higher levels my reaction arts are at their best so the crafting can be done quickly but it takes more XP so it balances out. Of course Vitality and Veteran bonus makes it all go faster as do potions, but you asked how I did it in six months lol.

Anyway 1 day for 30 levels, 12 days for the next 60 levels, 1 day for the last 10 levels, for a grand total of 14 days each. I did armorsmith, weaponsmith, and sage in 47 days with no time off between them (unles you count those 5 days I was leveling the other crafters up to 30 but I included those days). I hated the scholar so much I took 2 weeks off (61 days), did the jeweler (74 days) took another two weeks off, have I mentioned I hate leveling scholars?(88 days) Woodworker (101 days), week off (108 days), alchemist (121 days), two weeks off (135 days), provisioner (148 days). Then I got lazy lol and dilly dallied for the next month or so doing the carpenter. By that time I had a stupid amount of vet bonus so things went more smoothly and a daily grind of 5 levels took about 40-45 minutes at most. After I had all 9 done I was kind of burnt out on non stop leveling of crafters and it was another 6 months before iI leveled my 10th. I have every class of adventurer (and a couple of repeats heh) 12 of which are max level too :p, and all of those toons are crafters, but that was just out of habit...until ToV. At which point I started doing apprentice dailies on all of them to support my max level toons doing the weekly with as many potions of progress as I could get. It has only been in the last month that I leveled up the last two for a total of 12 max crafters. I have 8 or so currently locked sub 19 for those fun reactants they get, three or so in their 20's, and the rest ranging from mid 30s to mid 50s.. Of those only one is a max adorner, two tinkerers, and two transmuters.. All but the latest two max levels have pony and goblin, and they are being worked on.

I have managed to save up over three hundred each of the 25% XP potion, potion of success, potion of critical success, and bountiful harvest, over 150 potions of innovation, and right around 60 potions of progress in the bank.. I will say it does help to be just a wee bit OCD lol.
  18. Bashem Well-Known Member

Added note for those grinding multiple crafters or adventure to level 95.

Every max level crafter or adventure you have you get 20% bonus added up to 200% bonus which is where I am at with 10 level 95 crafter I get 200% bonus and I get 120% bonus with my 6 level 95 adventure.

Please note the max level crafting will change when with AoM arrives to be 100 so will need to be level 100 to get bonus then.
  19. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Uwk, the Frostfell crafting instance is leveling bliss. The recipes are 70 artisan, the mats are supplied, and if you run out of the instance before Vox runs in (or just delete the quest without handing it in) you can do it as many times per day as you like. Even after 70 I found the xp there was pretty darned good.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Filly67 like this.
  20. Filly67 Well-Known Member

I really don't find it a grind, I sometimes watch TV while I am doing it. I have to be in the mood and I can't do it if I am sleepy. Rush orders are great, super easy and the level your guild to if you need it (which we will with the next expansion). I don't have as many as some but out of my 23 trade skillers 18 are max level and it really was easy. Most of those are max adventure too so I get to do different things when I feel like it. I agree with Dulcenia, you'd be crazy to pass up on the crafting instance during Frostfell, the levels can fly there.

But, I never eat while playing. no food near the computer. It would be worse then reading and eating. It's just too mindless and I would get myself into trouble. No matter how many hours we're at the keyboard it's drinks only.