EverQuest II Insider - Q&A 07/09/2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cellinaire Well-Known Member

And to devs : try to read questions in advance. If a question looks too ridiculous or not practical, pick another more important question. Once ye decided to answer something, at least saying "no, not possible/feasible/lack of resource" would be a lot better than just smirking...
  2. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Thanks for the livecast. Lot of information coming out, makes it worth seeing!

Hopefully the Devs will be more upbeat and cheerful, like Luperza, next time.
    Luperza likes this.
  3. Mythrien New Member

Any chance that you'll be adding Alternate Appearance for Freeblood race? I would love it if you guys do.
  4. Noriyu New Member

Are you guys going to add Othmir as a playable race sometime in the future? I know that you guys probably get a lot of emails or whatever asking for the Othmir to be a playable race but I would really love to play as an Othmir, even if I have to pay SC to get the race.
  5. Pantz Active Member

Thanks for all the question answers! eq2 is great!!
    Luperza likes this.
  6. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Thank you Devs for taking the questions. Thank you Lupreza for putting it together and being a great host. Thank you Holly for joining in. Even though some items were answered as we might not like it, we appreciate the time taken to acknowledge the requests and put them to rest one way or another.
    Luperza likes this.
  7. Noctew Active Member

As much as I'd love playing an Othmir, please count the number of animators working on EQ2 and ask yourself if you'd rather want them spending the next three to six month redoing all PC animations (and I mean ALL of them) for Othmir and making sure all armor fits, or if you want them animating the mobs for the next expansion. I am afraid the time for new races has long passed. :(
  8. suka Well-Known Member

not necessarily. they could create something totally new. and make new armor for that race as well.
  9. Luperza Community Manager

I don't play Dungeon Maker. I was thinking of spawners as in a beehive that spawns bees (just an example) because that's what I imagine when I think of spawners in combat.

I'll send the question back their way as that seems more plausible. :)

I did send them the questions in advance and they chose to try to answer every single one of them that we could get through within the time frame which I think is pretty awesome.

No question went unanswered, so there was never just a smirk for an answer as you are making it seem.

I'm going to work with them on camera training as I think that will resolve a lot of the tone and attitude issues people were seeing.

Glad you enjoyed it and we'll work on the "upbeat and cheerful" bit. :)

Thanks for watching and asking questions! :D

Our pleasure. :)
    Pantz and suka like this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

thank you. dungeon maker is important to me. and to a number of others. i am glad ya'll agreed to do polls because a lot of people who play dungeon maker don't read forums. unfortunately a lot don't bother to open their mail either. you get a lot of "that mailbox is full" when you try to send them an email. thing is though, those of us who bought dungeon maker really want to use it and we have a lot of ideas. those excess spawners are a real problem. we usually sell them to the vendor now that we can because most sell better that way than on the broker. still, with so many of them dropping it's a shame to waste them when they could populate a zoo or a village.

i watched the show carefully on the re-cap but didn't notice any smirking. sorry- i thought i was paying attention.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  11. Hellacious New Member

I attended SOE Live this year (AWESOME!) and during the Q&A session for EQ2 I asked about having the achievements account wide. Not sure which "dev" responded with a scathing "WHY?!" Well... one cant complete all of the racial quests without betraying and changing races so many times. He responded that SOE didnt WANT us to complete that hidden quest. I walked away thinking.. "challenge accepted". I'm proud to say that I no longer care about the achievements being account wide. My "Hellacious" character completed all of the racial quests and both timelines. Initially I was frustrated at the cost of doing these quests, but in doing them, and reading each history and story line, I obtained an amazing insight on both Qeynos and Freeport. I am grateful to have been a witness to the truly talented writers. Thank you!
  12. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I was pretty worried when the Devs didn't know what spawners were. :\ I can sort of understand the Pet Arena getting buried and left for dead (scorekeeper is broken, rendering the reward item unlocks completely unobtainable) since it was a small and unpopular part of a large expansion... but Dungeon maker was part of an expansion that had no actual content... Dungeon Maker WAS the content.... And if SOE wants to sell more of the Dungeon Maker package on SC, they need to keep it at least on life support with new stuff occasionally. (I'm ecstatic that a few of the unfinished spawners will be available this NOTD. Hell hounds and scarecrows. ^_^ Sadly, the raven still got left behind. /..\)
    suka likes this.
  13. ingenius Member

all this new content is swell what about possibly bringing the old ethereals back i don't mean like tov ones though nice as it is i understand the reason for limited gainability is that a word? anyway not "ecctatic" about that but the older ones would be fun dov and below unless you took coe ones out too then bringing back all those would be great as they do not have use in tov but are fun to collect. but if it is too much trouble i understand as you are quite busy.
  14. Kinya Active Member

I am wondering - when will we see the next episode of EQ2Insider?
    Any words on any more EQ2 streams added to timetable? Like for example from Beta?
  15. SierraDawn Active Member

I would like (suggestion) to be able to have a side to side scroll, besides the up/down one.. when you are fixing up your house.
    Sometimes, I just need to nudge something, without picking up the whole blasted item.. having to move it.
    Please & tyvm ;)
  16. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

We don't have the dates set yet for the next Insider or EQ2 streams, but we'll let you know as soon as we do!

As a fellow decorator, I would love to see that as an option as well!
    suka, Cynara and Faeonara like this.
  17. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Will the decorating contests that Luprenza had going every month continue? Loved those and loved the fact that staff too the time to judge them.
    suka and Faeonara like this.
  18. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

We are definitely planning some fun things! We'll let you know the details soon :)
    Feldon, SierraDawn, suka and 2 others like this.
  19. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Will there be more insiders where we get to list out our questions to be answered (hopefully) during the cast? It's been a while since I've seen one. >.>
  20. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Any updates? :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.