New 95 Channeler

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Jojober, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Ciroe Active Member

Yah im always up for talking channeler. If you find me on on AB absolutely send me a tell. Unless im in the middle of a fight im always happy to talk strats.

I raid heal in our raid (we are currently on Zlandicar), and I'm moved around depending on fight between all our groups. I hate to tout my own horn, and i know parses are not the whole story, but i am top raid heal parse around 90% of the time... no matter where/what group i am. Its very rare i parse BELOW 200k, 300k is average, and on major fights, its not uncommon ill parse 400k.

Cyroe, Ciroe, Giroe, Siroe, Ziroe, Chiroe, Khiroe, Rojher, Laokta, Meloh. =)
    Treiko likes this.
  2. Allaz New Member

Bro I think you added an extra 0 on your HPS parse...
  3. Ciroe Active Member

Uh.. nope.
  4. Ciroe Active Member

Apparently i came off boasting and sounding like an *** with my last post.... i didn't post it to brag. i post it it because someone mentioned that they or the channeler in their guild isn't a viable raider because they cannot parse over 30k.... and yes parses are meaningless, but my post was meant to show that channelers are very viable in raids.... i most certainly was not trying to brag and sound like an a***ole.
  5. arturos Active Member

meh if your doing the numbers and can link parses proving it (name fights not trash) why not thump your chest.

channeler bar choices? 1-8 GO! they all look tasty in given situations like oooo i could do that when this happens but what i want is the baseline choices not the special fight choices those i want to figure out. what are the must haves for 1-8 if there are any.
  6. quisling Well-Known Member

As Ciroe says, he is "chest thumping" the channeler class in response to someone saying a channeler really couldn't produce much in the way of heals. Bar choices? Unless you're referring to what bars the channelers hang out in, I think he gave a pretty good accounting of what his pet bar looks like earlier in the thread. I took his advice on my newb channeler and it seems to be working out alright.
  7. arturos Active Member

i was hoping to open the debate up for other folks as well nice to get more than just one opinion.
  8. quisling Well-Known Member

Ahh. I missed that. mea culpa. :)
  9. Lemilla Active Member

Always using:
    - Essence Wave
    - Construc Regeneration
    - Channeled Transference (always equiped, rarely using actualy)
    - Interpose Redirect

Usually using:
    - Aura of Crippling
    - Channeled Cleansing

Frequency using, a selection (depends on encounter) out of:
    - Poison Bolt (ST dps)
    - Dissonent Decimation (AoE dps)
    - Weapon Dissonance (lower melee damage from mob on tank)
    - Interfering Noise (lower AoE damage from mob on raid)
    - Truespirit Restoration (when you really need a single target heal)

Rarely using:
    - Channeled Confusion (when tank has serious agro issues)
    - Thir'Slaa's Shell (when tank is using death prevents instead of stoneskins to deal with death touches)
    - Controlled Backlash

Never using:
    - Mist of Poison
    - Hidden Reserves
    - Repair Overload
    - Barrier of Dissonance
    - Channeled Evacuation (out of combat use only)
    - Triggered Rejuvenation
    - Quicked Regeneration
    - Swift Aid
    - Triggered Restoration
    - Truespirit Defiance
    * Siphoned Protection
  10. Ciroe Active Member

That's pretty much a perfect accounting. Spot On.
  11. arturos Active Member

this is awesome information!!!! I appreciate this a lot!.
  12. arturos Active Member

the channeled evac is out of combat only? it doesnt say that.. hrm with the new corpse pull this spell is useless if its out of combat only.
  13. Arieste Well-Known Member

I've not been playing my channeler recently, but i remember using some of these:

Truespirit Defiance - was probably the top spell for healing output and protection vs being overrun by stuff. (situation of course because not everything triggers it)

Channeled Evacuation - extremely situational but very useful on fights where you KNOW you'll have to rez and where slow people may not get in/out of joust range in time.

Mist of Poison - really good dps spell when fighting multiple mobs. very low dissonance cost and if you get it going on a bunch of mobs, it adds up.

As i said though, this info might be a bit dated since i've not been playing my Channeler for last couple of months.
  14. Tajar Well-Known Member

I love the Channeler and it is my main. It does make me sad though when I go LFG and get tells saying, "Can Channelers heal?" /facepalm.

I have never claimed to be the best channeler, but yes I can solo heal heroics and have done for ages lol. My highest heal parse was only 120k though, nothing on Ciroe :( However, I seldom raid as most start at 2am my time, and when I do they typically want my warden or SK over a channeler.
  15. Tyman Active Member

If you mainly do heroics, dont worry about not hitting 300k hps that should almost never happen in heroics, unless the tank is wearing paper.
  16. oldskool Active Member

Ok. For the life of me I can't figure out what this is. How about a little help. Is it an essence from a creature?
  17. Tyman Active Member

It's a misspelling of Essence Weave the pet heal.
  18. Pumpkin Member

Thank you very much. I can't tell you how much energy I used looking for essence wave.
  19. arturos Active Member

running around the ocean looking for a wave mob.. LOL
  20. arturos Active Member

and more newb questions.. what are your favorite essences to run and why?