Performance Update: September 23, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

We are excited to announce that the game update on September 23rd will include code updates to improve performance on servers as well as player clients! What does this round of updates hold in store for you? These changes will help game performance, whether you enjoy adventuring, tradeskilling, or decorating.

Improved Graphical Performance
    • Improved client performance on maximum settings, including “Extreme Quality”
    • Utilized SSE and SSE2 instruction sets
    • Improved how the Welcome window is sent to clients
    Improved Functionality

• Improved how the server calculates stats during combat (more to come!)
    • Several improvements to Marketplace performance
    • Made client improvements, including some optimizations to how data is sent from the server to the client (more to come!)
    Improved Playability

• Several improvements to spawning of items and NPCs to make this less of a load on the server
    • Optimized some server side AA calculations for player to load/save and modify AA trees (more to come!)
    [IMG]

Thank you to all of the players who helped us test these improvements on the Beta server! More improvements, including additional raid performance upgrades, are currently in the works. Beta testing for Altar of Malice begins on October 7th for All Access Members and goes into Open Beta on October 14th. We look forward to seeing you there to help us test more exciting content!
    Kurisutaru, Kinya, Coolit and 6 others like this.
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I was AMAZED by the performance upgrades for graphical settings. At the very least I will be able to run heroic zones maxed out with no problem.
  3. Jrel Well-Known Member

HOLY **** AWESOME! Can't wait to not lag in DC & MO & some other stuff! :D
  4. Tedorikkthefirst Member

That's all Fantastic news !

Here's the thing not commented on, or asked - does this require the better part of Tuesday to make happen or is the down time generally to be the standard amount ?

Shanksh ! :confused:
  5. Uncle Active Member

as a part of this update are the log changes you made on beta part of tomorrows update
  6. Reggie777 Member

Does this mean that the ages old problems with nVidia cards will finally be addressed? Please, please, please...
  7. Coolit New Member

Great! I've been waiting for this update :D
  8. Enric_of_Neriak Member

A question. Are all the (more to come) more information on these changes or are more changes coming to these systems for even further performance improvements? I'm guessing it's the second one since it doesn't seem likely that we'll get details of the changes themselves but one can hope for some insight into behind the scenes technical changes.
  9. Nickolous Member

Great news!

What time? How long?
  10. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

So excited for this;)-and not just for myself. I recently upgraded my own pc, and am able to play on max settings as it is now. I have been playing since launch, but until i upgraded, i was never able to play at max settings-so i was used to playing with a lot of stuff like shadows, and flora , turned off. It's like a whole new game when you play with all the settings turned up...it's amazing. I know it must have been a lot of work to make this happen, and I appreciate it:)
  11. Haloek Member

I find it funny how it is set for tomorrow and it is in the past tense:p
    Also will this fix the lag spikes I have been getting every time I activate a spell or ability?
  12. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

It should, considering that's like THE leading performance issue lol.
  13. Morfydd Active Member

Downtime announcement says it will take 1 hour.
  14. ITPalg Member

I wish you would support EyeFinity/Surround for us 3 monitor users.
  15. Bashem Well-Known Member

What problem ru referring to. I am using nivdia GTX 680 myself?
  16. Yajirushi62 Active Member

So, what group of heroic players are you all expecting to not be wearing all proc jewelery? they're the only items you all made for this expansion.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

A lot of those look like they were answered on the Update Notes official page (that we can't respond to, so poor Afista's probably going to get an earful soon), including:

These are options, yes? And as wonderful as it may be for highest end machines to get kicked up in the Display (listed elsewhere), what effect will that have on machines that aren't highest end? :-/

Uwk
    who, until recently, was able to play this game on WinXP...
  18. Arclite Well-Known Member

About time really. Considering the fact that the game was initially launched with the tag "built with future hardware in mind" over 10 years ago, this has been well overdue. That said, I am still skeptical until i test this "improvement" myself.
    Seefar likes this.
  19. That guy. Well-Known Member

I'm wondering as well, as my GTX660 also hasn't had any issues.
    Enric_of_Neriak likes this.
  20. Darwiin Active Member

@Arclite The game came out Nov 2004 so it hasn't quite been 10 years, and this isn't the very first attempt at them impoving the game. But yes it has been over due for a while. The performance I have been seeing on Beta is impressive to say the least. I hope once we get a load on the live game the improvements are carried over.